Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
EdBoii
Group Admin

Hello there, guys! It's me, Iron Galley, sporting a new name and a brand new idea! This uses the BF:EQ URGV3.

Here's the scenario...

Terrain: Presentation with the Map

You command Equestrian forces!

More specifically, you command:

Two Spear Squads.
One Pegasi Cavalry.
Half a unit of Unicorn Artillery.
One Royal Assassin.

Your enemy is the Shattered Empire.
They command:

Two Urbana Contubernium.
Half a Rifle Century.

They are distributed evenly throughout the inside of the fortress.

Bloodpool
Group Admin

Heh... Making maps via minecraft... Actually a good idea! Why didn't I think of that?

EdBoii
Group Admin

2748689 I don't know, really. :derpytongue2: I've been toying with the idea for a while, but didn't know how it might work.

2748664 How big are the Equestrian units at my disposal?

EdBoii
Group Admin

2748731 All information needed is found within the BF:EQ URGV3.

Here's the info you requested, straight from the guide:

Spear Squad: Twenty earth pony spearponies who charge at the enemy while two unicorns, armed with short swords, stay in the back to provide defense against ranged attack using shield spells. However, as very few unicorns have a Special Talent involved in shield-casting and wards, these shields are rather weak and fall when too much energy is applied in a short amount of time.

Pegasi Cavalry: Twenty pegasi who charge enemy lines from above who use disposable spears to impale enemies and quickly disengage. They are vulnerable to mass vollies from ranged weapons, but only a very good shot can take one down before it reaches its target.

Unicorn Artillery: Squads of ten unicorns who stay near the backlines and fire arching vollies of magic blasts toward the enemy in support of advancing Spear Squads. They are vulnerable to close-quarters-combat, but the trick is getting to them in the first place. They are more protected against ranged weaponry as the unicorns comprising these squads are more practised in protection magic, and magic overall.

Royal Assassins: Every Monarchy needs a team of good assassins. These Unicorns are experts in illusion spells, meaning that they can make themselves invisible to the naked eye. In battle, they wield long daggers, and are primarily used to attack officers and other important figures. However, they must un-cloak before they can attack.

2748742 Many thanks.
Do we have any idea of thier morale/ammunition reserves/food and water supplies?

Initial thoughts: Bombardment with incendiaries, starting at the bottom and working my way up.

EdBoii
Group Admin

2748787 Siege has just begun, and they are soldiers of the Shattered Empire, so their morale stands strong. Their fortress is built in the middle of a lake, so fresh water will not be a problem, and just the day before they had replenished their supplies.

All in all? They have more than enough to last for a long while. Starving them out is not an option.

Bombardment with incendiaries, starting at the bottom and working my way up.

The bombardment is enough to cause quite a disturbance among enemy soldiers, but with only five unicorns to carry out the bombardment, it did not have as strong an impact as desired. The base of the fortress was set on fire, which caused heavy structural damage to the eastern side of the fortress. Your unicorns have been strained by the bombardment, and need time to recover. Several men within the fortress have begun to dump large barrels of water over the fires. So far they have contained the spread and limited damage to the eastern side.

Enemy loses estimated at ten riflemen. Structural damage to the fortress: Heavy on the eastern side, minimal everywhere else. Estimated time of recovery for your unicorns: Thirty minutes. Heavy pillar of smoke rising over the eastern side of the fortress. Visibility is almost null.

Units on the ridgeline have begun to take moderate casualties from sustained enemy fire. About six earth ponies have been killed, and two pegasi are wounded and unable to fly.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Uhh... should I number this scenario? I mean, I think I should, but it's been so long, I kinda forget what I did. :derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2749287 ...I don't know. I really have no idea which number this is. :rainbowlaugh: lost count! :rainbowkiss:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2749306 I'm pretty sure I already made other scenarios tagged as thirty seven. :rainbowwild:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

You're an admin. Go number which ones are real scenarios. To me this one's the real #37. :applejackunsure:

EdBoii
Group Admin

You reject my reality and replace it with your own?

Very well.

I declare civil war over the One True Thirty Seventh Battle.

Assemble your forces, Master Pegasus. We march to war over petty little things with no real meaning, but will be remembered forever nevertheless.

(*secretly does as told*)

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Obviously cannot resist
<---
persuasiveness. Must be a female thing.

EdBoii
Group Admin

>tfw dude uses feminine powers to subdue you

5girly7me

(You simply love flaunting Stardust, don't you? :trollestia:)

Position unicorn artillery behind the south ridge to provide cover fire as the main force advances compromised of a quarter of the spear squad and half of the pegasi from the south east. Whilst the other pegasi and royal assassin (IDC if he works alone not on my watch) attack from the north. The unicorns still providing cover fire all the way up until danger close.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18