Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 54 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 54
EdBoii
Group Admin

...based on how long you've been in the group!

You get to choose out of the following guidelines:

For every day you've been a part of the group, you get fifty Common units of your choice. For every week, you get ten Special Units of your choice. For every three weeks, you get twenty mercenaries of your choice.

Also, for every twenty weeks, you get one city of your choice from This Map.

Decimals not counted.

Take your pick, people!

Since I have been part of this group for 61 weeks and 6 days, I would be...

Shadow Beings:
15,000 Howl Fiends.
6,000 Wretchlings.
650 Oozes.

100 Grave Tiller Worms.
250 Murk Trolls.
260 Shadow Wraiths.

100 Minotaur Mercs.
100 Gryphon Mercs.
100 Dog Mercs.
100 Human Mercs.

And I take Stableside, Gallopfrey, and Seaddle.

Guardian
Group Admin

2681081 I've been here since the beginning of the group (which I have no idea how long ago that was), and I've lost track of the units after so many unit guides. :applejackconfused:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681089 I use the one on the front page. :derpytongue2: Though it doesn't have MESOAMAREICA ANYMORE!!!! :twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2:

Guardian
Group Admin

2681095 You mean the outdated one? :derpyderp2:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681102 No, the other one. There's two, for some reason. :rainbowwild:

Guardian
Group Admin

2681105 Aw, crap, how'ed I miss that one? :facehoof: Seriously, we've got too many unit guides. :applejackconfused: (I'm looking at you, boredhooman.)

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681111 WHERE'S BOREDHOOMAN'S GUIDE?! I think that's the one that had Mesoamareica in it! :derpyderp2:

Guardian
Group Admin

2681123 Since when was part of the Earth itself included? :derpyderp2: Boredhooman, your unit guide is officially the worst ever.

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681129 No, silly Guardian. Mesoamerica isn't there. Its Mesoamareica! :pinkiehappy: And I like Hooman's guide, even if the artwork is a bit, modern.

Guardian
Group Admin

2681155 It's Guardia Civil, now sucka. :rainbowwild: And I'm still trying to figure out how many units I get. :derpyderp2:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681159 Perdone, señor Guardia Civil, señor!

Well, you can check how long you've been in the group in the Members page thing, and then it's just math. :rainbowwild:

Guardian
Group Admin

Si, eso es correcto. Soy un Guardia Civil. :moustache:

And I've always have a hard time with math, sadly. :ajsleepy:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681209 :fluttercry: I know that feel. Though, I personally hate Chemistry far more. :twilightangry2: Death to the periodic table, I say.

Guardian
Group Admin

2681281 DEATH TO CHEMICAL EQUATIONS!!!! :twilightangry2:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681289 DEATH TO NOMENCLATURE! TO THE PYRE!

21,600 common units
610 Special Units
406 mercenaries
3 cities

This isn't counting the time before I got banned because someone let their underage brother nearby the computer.

Guardian
Group Admin

2681168 Okay, so I've got...

5,000 Unicorns

5,000 Imperial Assault Troops

5,000 Imperial Sharpshooters

2,000 Battle Hounds

2,000 Crystal Knights

2,000 Minotaur Warriors

700 Common Dragons

300 Royal Guards (100 of each race)

100 Zebra Hunters

100 Assault Flyers

100 Blood Hounds

20 Weeper Dragons

100 Gryphon Mercs

100 Dogs Mercs

100 Human Mercs

100 Human Ghost Division

And I also get three cities, but I can't read what's on that map. :applejackconfused:

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681402 Daonlaod it, it's HUGE when you have full zoom. :twilightoops:

2681333 Humans, I assume? :ajsmug: Is it only me, or does anyone else think we could take over the whole of Equestria using only a third of these numbers?

Do I get modern technology?

If so, that's 21,600 men, distributed through infantry, about a third of which are crewing UH-60A helicopters and Rosomak Infantry Fighting Vehicles. That also means 305 M1A2 TUSK Main Battle Tanks and 305 AH-64F Apache Longbow gunships. It also means 406 mercenaries who come with their own equipment, which includes BMP-1P IFV's, Mi-24 Hind Gunships, and elite infantry.

That's enough to take down 80% of Africa.

Guardian
Group Admin

2681421 ANY Army from any time period could take over Equestria. :rainbowlaugh:

Guardian
Group Admin

2681421 Soo... what do we do with all these armies?

boredhooman
Group Admin

62 weeks exactly.
(62*7*50) = 21,700 common
(62*10) = 620 special
(62/3*20) = 413 mercenaries (rounded)
(62/20) = 3 cities
Apply to the Shattered Empire and Ghost Division how you wish.

Look at the newer battle threads. I think they have "testing" in them. (However, since I've been the only one working on them, not a lot has gotten done...)

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681445 :rainbowderp:

:rainbowderp::rainbowderp::rainbowderp:
:rainbowderp::rainbowderp:
:rainbowderp:

You terrify me sometimes, Crazyman. I think what you just wrote could take down four Equestrias at the same time. I think I need to edit my troop selection.

You do epic stuff, of course! :rainbowkiss:

I honestly thought of doing a Risk thing, but I'm not sure that would work. I know what I'll do, though. First, I'll seriously edit my army selection, because TCM just made me internally cry, and then I'll draft my invasion of Equestria.

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681494 There are new battle threads? I didn't notice!

Guardian
Group Admin

2681495 Why the heck do we need ACTUAL planet Earth units? :facehoof:

boredhooman
Group Admin

Three, I think, playtesting URGv3 (beta). Check the battles list. They sohuld be there.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

It's in the Battles List thread. Both links to the new units and the newest battles.

Now, as for me, I'm actually the second person who joined the group, but knighty's site formatting at the time made it so that 'Leave Group' was just above 'Group Announcements', so...

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681529 We don't, but it's TCM's army. :derpytongue2: He can do what he likes with it.

2681577 I know, I actually was about the third/fourth guy to join, but I clicked leave by accident. :fluttercry:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Not to mention asking for the banhammer.

EdBoii
Group Admin

2681819 Yeah, but that didn't alter my time accumulating in this group, so I still get those units. :ajsmug:

Now, will you fear me, or do I have to march on your cities and take your females captive?

EdBoii
Group Admin

2688591 No, it's not subtractable. :scootangel: You get 44 weeks and five days worth of soldiers AND territory.

EdBoii
Group Admin

2689132 ...and these! LINK

EdBoii
Group Admin

2695413 Mesoamareican ponies. :rainbowkiss::heart:

EdBoii
Group Admin

No, it looked fine for me, though. I downloaded it from the dev page and saved to my pics, and I can zoom in all the way to Equestria. :applejackunsure: This is weird. The map is called Equestria and beyond, I think.

2681081 well....i guess i got a small task force compromised of SAS 22nd air troop and 3rd rifles then....KICKASS!!!

62 weeks and 1 day.

442 days in total.

22,100 common units
630 special units
400(?) mercenaries
3 cities

Territories
I'd pick cities, but the text in the image is far too small to read, and when I try to download the full size one I just get an X. Not that I would want to be standing anywhere but the ashes of one of those filthy sun-queen cities!

Commanding Officer
Legatus Hydraxius Kraytus

Common Units
Rifle Century -- 1 Legion, 30 Centuries, 9000 units in total
Urbana Contubernium -- 1 Legion, 6000 units in total
Velixarius Auxila -- 58 Centuries, 5800 units in total

Special Units
Scion -- The one and only
Clockwork Men -- 2 Centuries, 200 units in total
Pony Auxilia -- 1 Century, 100 units in total
Griffon Auxilia -- 1 Century, 100 units in total
Assault Flyer -- 1 Century, 100 units in total
Praetorian -- 60 units
Scout Flyer -- 16 three-man squads, 48 units in total
Wyvern -- 25 units
Air Cruiser -- 10 units, each holds 10 Assault Flyers and 5 Scout Flyers (assuming they have hangers, and are actually big enough to hold 15 flyers, which I assume are the size of your average fighter plane/interceptor)
Leviathan Land Cruiser -- 6 units

Mercenaries
Human Centuries -- Over 2 Centuries, 250 units in total
Ghost -- Over 1 Century, 150 units in total
Sapper -- 60 units in twelve five-man squads
Sniper -- 30 units in six five-man squads

I don't know anything about running an army, besides that they need food to eat, and that it takes quite a few turns to get from Bologna to Jerusalem. And by the time you get a quarter of the way there your crusaders either leave because it's taking so long or the crusade ends. Grr...

Ahem. Anyway. Critique my army, how realistic it is, how ridiculously and unrealistically "oh my god kill yourself you fucking moron" kooky the logistics needed are, whether or not it follows the rules of the group, etc.

boredhooman
Group Admin

Ghost -- Over 1 Century, 150 units in total
Sapper -- 60 units in twelve five-man squads
Sniper -- 30 units in six five-man squads

A few notes.
1) They don't come in centuries like the Empire does. They're usually hired out at the platoon or squad size
2) Snipers are more like real life than just really far-firing normal infantry. As in, they go out in two-man teams (spotter/shooter) weeks ahead and are either recon, or very specific target elimination (but usually recon)

Bloodpool
Group Admin

"It takes quite a few turns to get from Bologna to Jerusalem. And by the time you get a quarter of the way there your crusaders either leave because it's taking so long or the crusade ends."

...Medieval Total War?

I know that feel. Best way to avoid this sort of thing is to make taking a settlement in the "Holy Land" a priority. Then when a Crusade starts, you can just step out of your front door and say "First".

2711786 2698466 2681819 2681402
I'm actually working on a little "Campaign" map of my own. It's far from finished, and I haven't gotten anything worthy of uploading yet, but I can tell you this much:

It's a World Map.

It's got two major continents and one minor continent.

It takes roughly two years to cross the largest continent on horseback (That's "on foot" if you're a pony).

To travel between the two major continents by sailed galley, it takes about 115 days. Maybe more, as I'm recounting this from memory. I'll upload some more accurate statistics later.

At the moment, I've only really gotten the coastlines and territory borders finished, as they were the easiest parts. Now I have to slowly go around each territory and mark capitals and major cities... Then I'll have to name them all too. :twilightoops:

Anyway, you won't see much of that for quite a while. Might experiment with a smaller map though.

Guardian
Group Admin

2818534 Only three continents?

EdBoii
Group Admin

Yush. I can hardly wait!

Bloodpool
Group Admin

2819313 Yea, but they're fucking huge. I think the smallest of the three is in excess of 25,000km :twilightoops:

boredhooman
Group Admin

Irongalley/whateverhisnewnameis has a map up. I put it as the cover for URGv3beta

2818534 Yup. As the Holy Roman Empire.

Guardian
Group Admin

2820075 Wait, just regular kilometers? :rainbowhuh: Because that isn't that big.

17050 Common Units
480 Special Units
320 Mercenaries
2 Cities

I'll pick my stuff later, but those are my numbers.

EdBoii
Group Admin

2979589 You lied! You never picked stuff... :fluttershbad:

I didn't lie! I'm still deciding what to choose. :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 54