Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

(did some serious cutting down for this. now only involves 2-3 factions. hopefully the numbers will be acceptable)

Soldiers of Equestria! The United Empire of Equestria's darkest hour is upon us. The world has been torn usunder by war. It started with the humans. The race of man became greedy and wanted more land, more resources. They decided that Equestria's frontier was an easy target, but they were wrong. We turned them back but while our gaze was focused on them the Changelings took advantage of the distraction and attempted to launch an ivasion from the south.
We were then assaulted by enemies on two fronts. But did we fall?! NO! We held, my brothers! We held them back and it looked to be a glorious day for Equestria. But alas, we celebrated victory too early. Due to the political blunders of a noble, who shall remain nameless, The Pack and the Gryphons became involved. Against one of these foes, against even two Equestria would stand tall and never move. But against all four? Against four we coul not hold.
And so, my brothers, we fell back. We abandoned the frontier to a foe too numerous to fight. The princesses called for aid from Equestria's allies. The Crystal Empire and the Zebra tribes answered the call. For a time they seemed to be enough. We once again held our ground and even took back some territory. But in the end we were still too few. We were pushed back. First Appleloosa fell. Then fell Ponyville, and even Canterlot could not hold against the might of four armies.
Soon the wrath of Equestria's enemies was turned upon the homeland of the Zebras and they were forced to abandon Equestria's cause. With the Zebras gone we were forced back even farther. Eventually, as they claimed more and more territory and we were seen as less and less of a threat, the Dogs, Changlings, and Gryphons abandoned the fight. Once again it was just us against the Humans. But the damage has been done. The forces of evil have claimed all but a stretch of the Crystal Empire.
The united forces of Equestria and The Crystal Empire have finaly been pushed as far as they can go. Equestria has fallen and we have been driven back into the Crystal Empire itself back to its very capitol. Our forces reside not more than a mile from the wall-less city, and the enemy has caught us. Tis here we make our stand my brothers! Tis here that we avenge the loss of our home! Tis here that we avenge the fall of many a brave warrior. The princesses and the most of Elements of Harmony have gone ahead to the city to make ready the its defenses and to devise a plan to reclaim what has been lost.
Now stand with me brothers! Stand and fight! Fear not the enemy! Fear not this dark hour! For the Sun still stands in the sky and the Moon shines for us each night! So I ask you brothers, whom shall you fear?!

"NONE!"

Who then shall stand against you, my brothers?!

"NO ONE!"

Then rise my brothers! Rise knights of the Empire! Rise soldiers of Equestria! Stand with me, and fight!

Listen up soldier! Here's the situation. The forces of Equestria and the Empire are stationed about a mile outside the Crystal City. The Princesses and most of the Elements have gone ahead to the city with Cadence and Shining Armor. So no giant lovey dovey forcefields for our position. The Enemy has enough fire power to break through one anyway. The Element of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash, has stayed behind to lead our forces as she refuses to just leave us on our own out here.
The city is surrounded on three sides by steep mountains and our position is right in the mountain pass to the city with high cliffs on either side with some precariously perched rocks.... It has been determined that we do not have enough fire power to close up the pass all together because of how sturdy the cliff faces are.
There is an evacuated town not a quarter of a mile behind our position..... The enemy is coming at us head on hoping to bury us with their numbers and superior fire power. Things look bleak, as much of the enemy's leadership has shown up for what they would consider a momentous occasion. The fall of pony kind. Our job is to hold this position, or at least keep the enemy away from the city, for five days. It is at that time that I have been informed that the Princesses will have a plan.

Player: UEE+CE
Earth Ponies: 800 Regular, 200 Crystal knights
Pegasi: 200 Regular, 100 Royal Guard
Unicorns: 200 Regular, 100 Royal Guard, 50 Solar/Lunar knights
Crystal Slingers: 100
Crystal Mages: 50
Heroes: You (self insert/OC), Rainbow Dash
Total: 1802 (including you and Rainbow)

Enemy: GHE
Shredders: 1000
Riflemen: 800
Troopers: 500
Machine Gun Crews: 10 (remember, each crew has four men)
Mark V Tanks: 3
Heroes: Ivan, Brobding
Total: 2345 (including Ivan and Brobding)

Terrain: The land within the pass and beyond on both sides is flat covered in snow. The cliffs on either side are sturdy and will not come down though six of the boulders on top of them just might. A quarter mile behind your position lies a small town with an inn, three stores, and a small farm. The mountain pass is forcing the enemy to funnel in to your position, somewhat reducing the advantage of their numbers, but not their fire power.

Enemy Tactics: The humans coming at you are being spear headed by their tanks which are advancing side by side. The machine gun crews and troopers are advancing in formation behind them ready to entrench themselves should they be halted.
The Shredders and riflemen march together in alternating ranks of riflemen and shredders ready to charge from whatever position the troopers secure and Ivan and Brobding lead them from the center of the formation. Each night they will break off the attack to rest and regroup for the night. Each morning they will start the day with another charge and if stopped will once again settle in for some trench warfare.

Objectives: Keep enemy away from the Crystal City for five days.

(hopefully this is acceptable)

Bloodpool
Group Admin

This is much better. :twilightsmile:

523533 Still keeping the original on file though....... Just in case.....

Yours reminds me of one I did not so long ago, mine was more campaigny though...

Ima solve this as soon as I get on my PC. :pinkiesmile:

Guardian
Group Admin

Ugh, why are these things so hard to read?:twilightangry2:

Guardian
Group Admin

524289 Haven't you noticed how the first comments in the threads automatically become very linear after they're posted?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

For some of them, yeah. It's annoying, but luckily for us admins, the 'Edit Thread' button fixes the view.

On my Kindle, though, there's no changing the view. I can't view threads on it. Or rather, I can, but it's six characters then next line.

Guardian
Group Admin

524320 :rainbowderp: Oh... gracias, that helps alot. :twilightsmile:

Bloodpool
Group Admin

524320>>524311 Oh heck, I thought it was just my PC playing up! Glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem. :twilightsheepish:

Strangely, it doesn't seem to happen when I view the site from my ipod touch. :applejackunsure:

524320>>524329>>524778 So....... Anypony wanna try their hoof at this?

Bloodpool
Group Admin

524935 I'll give it a whirl when I can find some time to do so. Submiting scenarios does involve a lot of waiting around for people to get around to it, I'm afraid.

Guardian
Group Admin

524935 Sure thing! :pinkiehappy: ... just give me some time. :twilightsheepish:

Welp

First we completely destroy the little town and carry all the wood, stone, bricks and furniture we can find.

Then we build a big ass barricade that blocks the pass.

We get a team of ten unicorns to build a shield around it to prevent their tanks from breaking it. And we also make them waste shells that way.

Enemy soldiers will be forced to entrench.

Pegasi will fly behind enemy lines and raid their supply lines, making sure they commence to feel the winter chill.

Enemy soldiers will of course try to secure them by sending reinforcements, which means less troops to hold off.

In the event of a full fledged assault, we break the boulders and make em crash down on top of the enemy soldiers. While our unicorns fire at them from the barricade.

And that my friend, is how I would hold off an enemy army in a place like that.

571905 i'll be generous and grant you victory with very heavy casualties. And I mean heavy. Trying to destroy an entire town for the materials would take quite a bit of time. Time you don't have. But once the barricade is up I suppose it would grant some cover to your survivors. And sending pegasi to raid enemy supply lines.... You realise that much of the enemy army consists of gunmen right?

The locals could help out. And bullets can't reach the heights at which pegasi can fly, but yeah. I guess you're right :twilightblush: oh well, it's been a while since I last tried out a scenario.

((I am going by the assumption that the "Mark V Tank" is the same as, or similar to, the WWI British Tank with which it shares its name...and hopefully, its mechanical unreliability?
Melee Cafe, because no battle should be without a theme-song!))

Well, I know it'll be a radically unpopular decision, but my first move would be to call upon any and all able-bodied citizens to assist in non-combat roles, and believe me, there will be a lot of use of them! My plan is a simple one, for in war, simplicity is oft the best choice. I plan on using a layered defense, luring the enemy into said mountain valley and ambushing the living sh*t out of them. Though they will likely expect this, it is my hope that they will have become overconfident and underestimate our ability to fight! For now is the hour when our backs are to the wall and only this pass stands between ourselves and victory!
With luck, the princesses will have no battle to intervene in...

Primary objective:
Disable the three Mk.V tanks.
Being the spearhead of the attack, if we can neutralize the three tanks, we can blunt the spear and slow their offensive to a halt. The snow will slow enemy infantry and machine alike, and increase the mechanical difficulties that humans have with their weapons, especially their tanks.

Secondary Objectives:
Neutralize the Vickers Machine-gun teams.
Without said gunners, their defense will be severely compromised, allowing for the possibility of an effective counterattack.

Neutralize Ivan & Brobding.
Removing either would be both a great moral boost for our forces, but also a critical loss for the enemy, possibly turning the tide of this war!

The Capture of enemy technology.
Any tech that can be captured can be disassembled and used to advance Equestrian tech, thus hopefully leveling the playing field sometime in the future.

To accomplish this, will require some preparations of the battlefield on our part.
First-Line. We will establish a pair anti-tank trenches across the valley. As deep and wide as we can make them (5' deep minimum, 6' wide minimum. 6' deep and 8' wide would be best), piling the snow and earth in front of the trench to effectively make the hole deeper and invisible to the oncoming tankers. The aim of this is simple, let the tanks fall in. Historically, it was the first anti-tank tactic and was marginally effective. Without sappers, heavy artillery, or a great deal of time, such a defense will be nearly impossible for said tanks to penetrate. Also, it is a rather quick defense to put up!
Second-Line. Once the first line is complete, a third trench will be dug for infantry as the primary line of defense, and will be especially important for the unicorns/ slingers as a fall back point. This will force the enemy into close quarters combat if they wish to advance, mitigating the effectiveness of enemy firearms.
Third-Line. Is a combination of a second set of infantry trenches in and about the town, to once again pull our enemies into melee combat...but also a series of shallow, 'snow trenches' off to either flank to disguise allied flanking forces...

The opening phase of the battle will consist of skirmishing forces primarily. Their task is put up token resistance and to lure enemy forces into kill-zones of the overwatching unicorns and slingers, emplaced upon the cliffs overlooking the pass. The units upon the cliffs' primary targets are the tanks, as tanks are slow and have little armor on their dorsal sections. However, they will be encouraged to seek out enemy infantry as targets whenever possible, or so soon as the tanks are disabled. They will maintain this position as long as possible.
Should enemy machine-guns be deployed at any point, it will be the jobs' of the pegasi to attack them from above and behind, with luck they can surprise the crews, neutralize them quickly and get out. High casualties are to be expected, however, their neutralization may well ensure lower casualties in later phases of the battle.

Should any of the enemy forces break through the first line - which is admittedly mostly to stop their tanks and slow the infantry in the mud created from the mixed snow and dirt - the skirmishers will fall back to join the bulk of our forces lying in waiting, in the nearby secondary line. From this line, they will be ready to pummel any forces with magic at a distance, and remove their foes' gunpowder advantage in melee. So long as the units atop the cliffs are not pushed out of their positions, they will remain, to continue to harass the enemy from the elevated flanks, forming a 'kill-pocket' around the front line, effectively meaning that the enemy forces have to contend with being attacked from all sides.

Should the second line be broken and the battle be taken to the trinarii, all our forces will preform a fighting withdraw back, out of the mountains and towards the town. Once the enemies advance to within range to engage the third line, the Knights emplaced in the hidden 'snow trenches' on either flank, will ride forth and engage the enemy position from the rear, causing both chaos and casualties in their ranks, as our main body launches its counterattack, spearheaded by the royal guard which had been held in reserve. At this point, the primary targets of the airborne pegasi are the leaders of the enemy force and any machine-gun teams that survived up to this point.

Casualties are expected to be high on both sides, however, I believe that this is the best chance that the UEE has to overcome such a powerful and arguably superior enemy force...

661571 this is an excellent strategy. Well done sir.

571905 Though there is one thing that both of you who answered this scenario seem to have missed.

There is an evacuated town not a quarter of a mile behind our position.....

an evacuated town

evacuated

There are no civilians to help you........

... New strategy. Drop the defenseand find the dumbass who decided to evacuate my possible conscripts :flutterrage:

Oh well, :twilightblush: at least we survived.

667830 Thank you kindly.

667879 I know what my first act will be after the battle is won. To find the cowards that fled without so much as raising a hoof for their kingdom and giving them a good whooping!

(I'll try my hand at it)
Set up phase
Orders:sack town,entrench position,set anti-tank procedures,recon.
SACK TOWN:i send dashie and 100 pegasi to sack the town we will use these materials to reinforce our position.
ENTRENCH: i have my men who are standing around start on trenches.
SET ANTI-TANK PROCEDURE: i set my regular unicorns on the boulders instructing them to drop them on the tanks as they can while maintaining a shield line to minimize casualties and the slingers are to provide covering fire.
RECON:I send 50 pegasi to gather intel on the enemy movements and location also to establish a eta.
after that i explain i want our mages to concentrate on holding their shield and to break only if you can destroy a machine gun.
----
That's it for now.
END SETUP PHASE.(TURN END)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21