Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 105 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 105
The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

[Warning: Story Heavy Introduction]

Read through everything once more, even if you've previewed it already. Changes have been made. I've taken out loopholes on both side, forcing the ground engagement. I think.
---
It's possible to play this strategy only, but it's much better if you play this like an RPG/dynamic battle; yes, that means you can write a short story. It's considerably story-heavy anyways. Going to be packed with scenario-specific info. Also, let's try something funky...

Quick notes:
New units! Refer here for assistance.
Alicorn Twilight Sparkle
Princess Cadance
Mercenary unit (see below)
Scenario-specific unit (see below)
---

Crystal Palace
Crystal Empire
2200 Hours (10:00 PM)

There was a moderate amount of activity in the Crystal Palace. Justified, in that they had a certain... situation to deal with. Most notable were two ponies sitting in a special room with a large fancy crystal table in the middle. Already stressed out by an earlier incident, they were on edge. Right now they were waiting for-
Two alicorns (and chests full of baggage) suddenly teleported into the room.
"Twily!" The white unicorn ran up to meet his sister. "And Princess Luna, of course."
Twilight gave her brother a curious look. "You don't address me by my title?" she jokingly asked.
"To me, you'll always be my little sister," Shining smiled. Of course, Twilight and Cadance also greeted each other (with their dance that the narrator will not bother with).
"So, why did you come, Twilight?" Cadance asked. "I thought only Luna was coming."
"Well," answered the purple alicorn, "Princess Celestia said that I should start learning how to deal with the situations that arise with being in such a high position. This is one of my first major assignments," she smiled.
"And as such," Luna added, "I am here to watch over her and advise her. I will attempt to lessen my role tonight."
"Three alicorns in the room. I feel so useless. Anyways," Shining said a little cautiously, "We should get down to business."
"So what's the full situation, Shining?" Twilight asked.
"Well, it's very concerning. Around two weeks ago, one of our scouts went missing. He reported seeing humans-"
"Humans? We know they exist, but far south. Where were they spotted?"
"It was a small group of around twenty, as he reported. He first spotted them when they were passing on the borders of Equestria and the Griffon Empire, heading north. He followed them, then had a last personal check-in with me, nearly two and a half weeks ago. Then he went back out to search for the wandering humans. The scout was supposed to come back in a couple of days, but since they can always get into a bind, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited a week."
"This scout," Princess Sparkle asked, "How skilled was he?"
"1st RSD; some of the best," Luna answered.
"That's correct, Princess Luna," Shining answered.
"How did you know?" Twilight asked. "And what does '1st RSD' mean?"
Shining lightly chuckled. "You still have a lot to learn, Twilight."
"He was stationed in Canterlot," replied Luna, "as he was not on out-of-country deployment. They sometimes like to do border patrols even when not currently active. He reported back with this information to Celestia and me. We then allowed him to pursue this further, will full faith that he wouldn't fail."
Twilight gave a questioning look. "Why wasn't I informed of this?"
"Like your brother said, you still have much to learn. We will teach you everything slowly. That was a situation for which you were not ready to handle."
Twilight turned to Cadance. "Did you know about this?"
"It doesn't matter, but yes," the pink alicorn answered. "I am the ruler of the Crystal Empire. Border incursions are important to know about. Also, I obviously have more experience than you."
Twilight sighed. "Okay. Continue."
Shining did. "After a week had passed, I sent out soldiers north to look for him. It was a joint force of Equestrians and Crystal Ponies that volunteered. Unfortunately, it's been a week, and they haven't returned either."
"Luna, can't you look for them using the moonlight?" Twilight asked.
"I'm afraid not. The weather in the north has been cloudy for the past weeks. I can view no further north than the Crystal Empire."
"I also sent out another team of pegasi to search for them in the air yesterday," said Shining. "Hopefully, we'll find out what happened soon. Also, I forgot to mention- the humans were reportedly armed. For what purpose, we don't know."
"Hunters maybe? Could they have killed the ponies?" Twilight said with concern.
"Possibly, but something tells me that even if they were able to kill a highly trained scout, they wouldn't be able to fend off a force of more than 120 soldiers."
"Luna, remind me again why you brought me here?"
"To learn the stresses that we must deal with. Right now, the problem is to determine what comes next. What we will do," Luna advised. "Celestia knew you could handle it. Don't worry."
"Well," Shining started, "Get ready for the long haul. We're going to be here for a while..."

2348 Hours (11:48 PM)

"... So why haven't you used the early detection crystal towers?" Twilight asked.
"Well they don't exactly fare well when unpowered for long periods of time. The ones out there that didn't join the Empire when it disappeared hibernated while the Empire was in time stasis and we're not sure if they're in full operating condition, as well as the fact that we don't know where the manuals to the things are."
Twilight sighed in frustration. She couldn't even be too physically tired about it. Apparently being an alicorn grants added resistance to fatigue. However, just then a pegasus covered in medical wrappings slammed open the door.
"Prince Armor!" The voice brought worry to Shining Armor.
"Lieutenant. I hope that you have recovered enough from your blood loss."
"Enough to deliver what I found. I wish I could've gotten to you sooner, but, of course, I fell unconscious. Precious time wasted."
"No matter. Better that you be alive now than dead without telling us what you know. Continue."
"We were scouting up north as instructed. One late night, we found a large group in the forests in the mountains far north. The other four and I were assaulted early this morning. I only got a glimpse of it, but there were ponies and griffons hiding away. It was dark, but I'm sure they were wearing armor."
"Do they have a leader?"
"That is the worst part. The leader of the force itself is a pegasus that we had the unfortunate chance of encountering. In fact, it was only him that attacked us. Whether he serves a higher order, I don't know."
The other four shared a troubled look.
"And now, four more pegasi lost, all by the hoof of a single pony. I know not what happened to them."
"What do you know about this pegasus?" Shining asked. "Cutie mark maybe?"
"Identity-wise, not much. It was too dark to tell any defining features. Couldn't see his cutie mark if he had one. Uh, his eyes had blue irises I think, if that helps? More importantly he is a force to be reckoned with. Highly skilled fighter, despite fighting with hooves and knife only. And, I don't believe it myself, but he has the ability to teleport! I swear he's just a pegasus! He also spoke in this strange, uh, for lack of a better way to put it, evil voice."
"Okay!" Shining threw up his hooves in frustration. "Well that's certainly something. Do you know what they plan to do?"
"With a force like that, I suppose they'll try and attack the Crystal Empire. And by common sense, he's not going to wait longer for more-"
The table interrupted with an audible whir, projecting a holographic view of the Empire. The northern border of the Empire was focused in on, showing a substantial force of... an amalgamation of all sorts of soldiers.
"ALERT. NORTHWESTERN PERIMETER OF THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE HAS BEEN BREACHED. HOSTILE FORCES DETECTED," a voice spoke.
Twilight looked curious. "Anything else? It certainly sounds like the Empire can autonomously hold its own."
Shining Armor shook his head. "No. Unfortunately, that was the only thing we were able to reactivate in the Empire so far. It seems that King Sombra decided to sabotage some of the automated defense systems. We're still repairing them. Of the things that we do have information on, we're still retooling them and modernizing."
Ponies ran up to the unicorn, and he started relaying orders.
Twilight facehoofed. "So all you've got is a close warning system? Can't it do anything else?"
"Not as of now. We haven't gotten anything else running past the detection systems. Although it's possible to manually ask it to analyze something within its field of vision. Now, the sensor crystals that transmitted this were on the outer perimeter-"
"ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL TO OUTER CITY: TWO MINUTES."
"Two minutes?!" Twilight was frantic. "What do they want?!"
The scout pegasus spoke up. "Unfortunately, that I don't know. We'll have to see if we can figure out what exactly they want while we fight them off. I can say for sure though, it doesn't seem like they're here to burn and pillage."
"Shining Armor," Princess Luna started, "What are the defenses stationed in this city?"
"Contingents of regular armed forces and a number of Royal Guards, plus the soldiers of the Empire. Unfortunately, they're spread around the city. We'll have to reallocate troops while we're fighting at the same time. Actually, Cadance- can you put up a shield to stop them?"
"Just what I was thinking." The pink alicorn's horn glowed, and a blue dome rose around the outer city, trapping the invaders on the grass farther out.
Shining looked closer at the hologram in thought. "Oh no."
"What is it?" his sister asked.
"There's a good chance the pegasi and gryphons would just dash right over to the palace. Air superiority was one reason Canterlot fell easily during the wedding."
"What can you do about it?"
"There's only one thing we can do. We have to take away the open air."
"What?! How are you going to do that?!"
Shining expalined his strategy. "The Crystal Empire never devised a way to restrict pegasi flight only. The only way to do it is to disrupt all magical fields in the Empire. However, the disruption can be made to start a good distance above ground, meaning unicorns can still use magic. There's also still room to fly, but the ceiling is too low. They risk being shot at by ground forces, and I'm not going to underestimate that pegasus. Once he finds out about the flight restrictions, he's not going to try and go for a straight flight towards the palace. He's going to be restricted to a ground engagement."
Twilight was impressed. She had never seen her brother fully at work. "But... how are you going to do this?"
"Luckily, we found the control options for the Palace's magic. That's one reason we were able to get things like the table running. Now, I believe you remember that the Palace is able to broadcast out a signal of love from the top, right?"
Twilight nodded.
"Same principle, except this time, is sends out a wave disrupting the magic field. The intensity of the broadcast can be controlled, so it can be localized to the Empire." Shining looked to his wife. "Caddy, are you going to prepare for battle or stay in the palace?"
"Battle? But why would Cadance fight?" Twilight cluelessly asked.
Cadance grinned. "Twilight, you still have a lot to learn." She turned to Shining Armor. "Depends. Time is of the essence. I can teleport upstairs and get my hoof blades ready, or I can fortify the force field more."
Twilight looked incredulously at Cadance, like she wanted to ask 'who are you'. Shaking it off, Twilight peered at the hologram. "Wait, are those gold Equestrian armor?" Twilight questioned.
They looked at the projection. "Yes, it is," Shining said sternly. "I guess now we know where our soldiers went."
Twilight looked at it even closer. "And aren't Royal Guard pegasi supposed to be white under the armor? They're black..." They all shared looks of distress.
Cadance noted something else. "Gryphons. Soldiers of the Kingdom in fact. And... what? Timberwolves? But how?"
Luna spoke. "I may know what this is. And it is not good; I must tell my sister as soon as possible, but now is also not the time. We must defend the Empire. Shining Armor, prepare for battle."
Just as they were about to move, the hologram focused in closer to the unknown force, now at the field wall. There was a dark-coated pegasus at the forefront, giving out orders.
"TRANSMITTING SOUND."
---
"Unicorns," the dark pegasus commanded in a dark voice that echoed, "Cut through the force field! We must get to the palace as quickly as we can!" He stared down the long road that led straight to the Crystal Palace.
"Aye sir." The unicorns shot beams of magic at the field.
"Also, I know you are watching us. I don't know who you are. Probably Guard Captain Armor, plus a couple others. I'm sure you know it already, but we're coming. Also, I anticipated the force field attempt, so we have special... tools to help us. We can break the shields as quickly as you raise them. So, in the end, you will fail."
---
Cadance cringed at the impact of magic against the force field. "I need help, or the field will be broken through!"
Twilight and Luna nodded, and fed their magic to strengthen the force field. They too, felt the strain.
"They certainly know what they're doing," admitted Luna, visibly putting in much effort. "The field will not last long. Perhaps another minute or so, then the city will be breached as well."
"The palace," said Shining. "They're coming here. At least now we know where to keep them away."
"Twilight, do you know another duty of a princess of Equestria?" Luna asked.
Twilight didn't like where this was going. "What?"
"To lead our subjects in battle. Now, it is your choice whether to go out now and fight, or wait until a later date. As it was, Celestia already had armor and a sword custom made for you." Luna levitated over two of the chests they brought with them, and placed it next to her. "I am prepared to step in. Will you?"
---
CRYSTAL EMPIRE ANALYZATION SYSTEMS
COMBAT DATA
--
We are currently under attack by an enemy of unknown origins from the northwest. The unit composition varies between ponies and gryphons. Compared to the number of soldiers stationed in the empire, they are few. However, strategically, they have a current advantage.
The Crystal Empire is divided into 6 sectors. Our forces are spread an equal amount per each sector, meaning there is roughly equal numbers to combat the invaders at a certain time. We do not know how well they fight, but numbers fighting at a time must be kept high enough to keep them at bay.
The objective of the enemy is apparently the Palace, for what exact reason, unknown. We must prevent them from reaching here. Unfortunately, even Princess Luna admits that any attempts to force field them out are futile.
The magical disruption field will be activated upon the enemy breaking through the current force field. This will limit the flight ceiling of both our soldiers and the enemy's, keeping any flying soldier within easy range of ground attack.
The battle will be fought on the streets, maybe even just the single main road, of the Crystal Empire. Naturally, buildings line the sides, and there is a straight path to the palace.

(For time reference, the path to the palace is divided in 6 parts. 3 divisions of the Outer City, 3 divisions of the Inner City)
---
INFORMATION CONSISTENT WITH CURRENT OFFICIAL UNIT REFERENCE GUIDE

UEE/CE
1075 UEE units:
200 Unicorns
100 Royal Guard Unicorns
200 Pegasi
140 Royal Guard Pegasi
300 Earth Ponies
035 Royal Assassins

1750 CE units:
1000 Crystal Knights
250 Crystal Mages
500 Crystal Slingers

Total forces: 2825

Rough count of units per sector:
33 Unicorns
16 RG Unicorns
33 Pegasi
23 RG Pegasi
50 Earth Ponies
166 C Knights
41 C Mages
83 C Slingers

Total per sector: 445

[ ! ] A sectors worth of soldiers will reinforce you every turn/every city division.

[ ! ] Royal Assassins are based in the Palace. They will be usable by the third Outer City part/turn.

Hero units:
Princess Luna
Twilight Sparkle (Alicorn)
Shining Armor
Princess/Master Assassin Cadance
Optional OC insert

[Enemy Unknown]
40 Unicorns
10 Royal Guard Unicorns
40 Pegasi
12 Royal Guard Pegasi
50 Earth Ponies
30 Crystal Knights
25 Crystal Mages
54 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
26 Gryphon Mercenaries
20 Ghost Division Humans
120 Timberwolves

Total enemy forces: 427

Hero units:
Dark-coated pegasus. Identity unknown. Seems to be commander of army. Skilled fighter and flier. Ability to teleport seems to be hindered within the Crystal Empire to a couple meters, but nonetheless, it is still a deadly ability.
---
Objectives:
Do not let the enemy reach the Crystal Palace.

Secondary objectives:
Cause minimum damage to the Crystal Empire.
Do not lose a hero unit in battle.
---
Creator Notes/Help:
A. Are you sure you're ready for this commander? Maybe you should refresh a little and read some older scenarios, just in case. We've been off a long time. Especially helpful if you're going to attempt this in story form is Battle #13 "None Shall Pass". (Admittedly, it's kinda where I got the idea to do this.)
B. This is the beginning of a campaign. Depending how this goes, individual results can result in different future scenarios.
C. It is a sort of PvP. Think of me like the opposing AI. And as the 'AI', I may cheat, to keep something interesting, but I most likely won't.
D. Done dynamically, each turn you will present a plan. I will calculate results. Format is your choice. Feel free to add interactions and dialogue.
E. Naturally, hero unit usage is up to you.
F. That opening 'cutscene' sure was full of stuff.
G. This was a test. Spoilers equal hint, in case you didn't figure that out.

H. Try and find loopholes/ways to make stuff easier. Again, if you paid attention to the opening 'cutscene', there's a couple things that could help.

I. The Crystal Empire has everything under surveillance. You could ask for reports.

J. The stream of troops is a problem. Travel time. But wait, some of them have wings...

K. Playing this as a dynamic battle/RPG/interactive story can yield interesting results. Interactions are central. Also, remember that some of your enemies were once your soldiers...

L. I sure hope you paid attention to unit compositions.
---
Be honest and say if you used a certain hint.

There will be a total of 6-7 possible turns:
Outer city 1 - 3
Inner city 1 - 3+Palace

Depending on the strategy you give, the enemy may be able to advance faster.

More specific strategies may increase your chance of winning.

Asking for reports or questions does not count as a turn.

Although, if you somehow do dialogue and it messes with it somehow, I'll allow more.

I suppose it's still possible to win even backed up to the palace.

Position your forces for the initial encounter, and I will calculate results.

Initial UEE/CE army:
33 Unicorns
16 RG Unicorns
33 Pegasi
23 RG Pegasi
50 Earth Ponies
166 C Knights
41 C Mages
83 C Slingers

Total: 445

[ ! ] Disruption field activated. Flight ceiling restricted.

[ ! ] Shields ineffective.

[ ! ] Our forces are in battle.

Guardian
Group Admin

732112 Okay, so do I challenge you?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Your call.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE FULL IMMERSION, DO NOT READ ANY REPLIES NOT PERTAINING TO YOU UNTIL YOU ARE DONE.

Guardian
Group Admin

732561 Grey Pegasus, mi amigo, I challenge you to a BF:E game. Do you accept? :ajsmug:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

The AI is waiting for you to start the game.

[Press any key to continue.]

LET'S D-D-D-D-DUEL!!

Bloodpool
Group Admin

732612>>732574
Hooo boy. I'm interested to see how this pans out. Anyway...

Guardian
Group Admin

733843 Okay, so I guess I make the first move.

Facing the NW main street, the Crystal Knights make up the first line of defense (basically, a barricade made of their own bodies. :pinkiecrazy:), the Earths would be directly behind them, the Unicorns and Slingers wouldd be directly behind them. Meanwhile, the Pegasi grab as many clouds as they possibly can and bring them low so they can be used below the ceiling. Oh, and get Armor's butt out there and have him take direct command of the Equestrian and Crystal forces. Cadenza! You get out there too!

...That's pretty much all I can do right now.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

[ ! ] Flight ceiling restricted. Invalid command.

Guardian
Group Admin

737059 Okay, modify that command, place the Pegasi with the Earths so they can be used as "hit and run" jump troopers, so to speak (basically, using short term flight bursts to hit the enemy lines and fly back in).

And I'm part of this fight as well. I'm a Human soldier with a winchester rifle, a kutless strapped to my back, and two tomahawks on my belt. Armor, Cadenza (yes, I'm calling them they their last names), and I are moving with the Earths and Pegasi behind the Knights. Speaking of which...

"CADENZA! Get your frilly butt out here now!"

"Hey, watch it, human. I'm the Princess.

"And I'm still your CO, now GET OUT HERE!"

"... Shining, where did you find this guy?"

Guardian
Group Admin

737059 I edited my turn, status?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

(You're lucky I can actually fit a human in there logically.)
Section 1

"Shining? Who is he?" Twilight asked her brother, referring to the human that just barged into the meeting room.
"He's... an advisor from the Empire... of Man," Shining wearily replied. "We were supposed to have another meeting tomorrow with him included, but I guess that's changed..."
"And why is he running around like he owns the place?"
The unicorn shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe he's drunk or something. Or just has that big of a head..."
"Stop telling me what to do, or I will slit your throat without you even knowing!" Cadance yelled from somewhere in the room.
"Get out there and fight!"
"Hey, hey! Don't talk like that to my wife!" Looking back to his sister, "Anyways we should probably get going. I have to get to the front. Cadance, are you coming?"
"I guess I am," the frustrated pink alicorn replied. "Hoof blades... sword... armor... I'm ready."
"Alright. Teleport us to the front... and bring him with us too." The three disappeared with a flash.
Luna and Twilight were now left in the room, combat advisors running around the room and some at the table looking at the hologram.
"So, Twilight, have you made a decision?" Luna asked, already placing armor on herself.
The purple alicorn was hesitant. "I still don't know. The first time's always the hardest, right?"
Luna gave an understanding expression. "Well, at the least, do something productive while you are here in the command room. At least practice other skills such as management. I will stay until I deem it necessary to go into battle."
Twilight peered at the hologram of the Crystal Empire, where the enemy army was attacking...
---
"Disruption field... smart. I figured this might happen... Alright..." The dark pegasus wasted no time in relaying orders to the troops.
"Knights! Up front! Earth ponies! Mix in! Mages! Behind this line! Gryphons! Stay on the ground, but be prepared to intercept enemy pegasi! Mercs! Stay up top and give us top cover!
"Pegasi! Stay in the middle and back! Unicorns! Middle postitions! Be prepared to catch crystal projectiles!
"Timberwolves, get pass the wall of knights and cause destruction in the ranks." The wooden hounds poised to attack.
"Pegasi! Some of you take up the Ghosts until we get into the city! Ghosts! Mages first... then thin out the wall. Once you deem that complete, engage targets at will."
Just before the lines met, three newcomers came to the field, and the pegasus did not miss this fact. "Ghosts! Additional orders! Do not kill high value targets! Shoot to wound only! We'll deal with them later..."
"Fair enough."
The pegasus looked at the advancing Equestrian line. "This is going to be interesting."
---
The timberwolves rushed forward, straight at the line, though some went around the flanks of the formation. The initial encounter went decently, with the Crystal Knights at the front blocking entry. However, the ones that did get within the ranks were able to get a couple of ponies before being smashed to pieces.
The slinger line of the Equestrians also launched, but they were all intercepted in the air. The projectiles exploded harmlessly, causing no wounds on either side.
The formations of both side came together. The lines met. Crystal Knights held off Crystal Knights, and that part of the battle was at a stalemate... until the Equestrian line started faltering. Crystal Knights at the front started dropping dead seemingly randomly. Most of the Crystal Mages had already fallen by that time. With the front defense line breaking, the timberwolves could get in more easily, causing more havoc within the ranks.
The pegasi doing hit-and-run attacks were fairly successful over the course of this battle, managing to kill a couple combatants. However, many of them were also being overwhelmed by the gryphons mixed in.
The sounds of battle were loud in the streets, from clashing armor to screaming.
---
Shining became worried once he saw his lines desintigrating. They were also being pushed back further into the Empire. However, not too far away, he could see the reinforcements coming.
"Pull back! We need to get to the reinforcements!" The Equestrian line fell back, and the enemy did not rush to give chase.
---
Twilight stared at the projection in shock. Never had she seen such carnage.
"Have you made up your mind?" Luna asked.
Twilight shook her head.
"Very well. As I said before, I am here to act as your advisor, and I will not intervene until I deem it necesary. But..."
Twilight turned to look at Luna intently.
"... the longer you stay, the more ponies may die."
---
The dark pegasus looked at his lines. Not too many deaths. "Hmm... not bad. Ghosts, gryphons, we've entered the city. Proceed as previously planned. And try to do better this time."
"It's not that easy aiming from the back of a flying pony," one of the snipers replied.
"Fair enough. Just remember not to kill high value targets."
"What about the one human?"
"What do you know about him" the pegasus asked.
"Just that he's an officer in the Empire's army."
"Then it's your choice. Now go."
Representatvies from both parties gave acknowledgements, then left the group.
"Everyone else, prepare for the next battle." He was preparing as well. Next battle, he would not hold back. They must get to the palace.
---
Deaths:
UEE/CE:
20 Unicorns
6 RG Unicorns
24 Pegasi
7 RG Pegasi
32 Earth Ponies
143 Crystal Knights
36 Crystal Mages
50 Crystal Slingers

Enemy:
4 Unicorns
7 Pegasi
7 Earth Ponies
3 Crystal Knights
4 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
2 Gryphon Mercenaries
18 Timberwolves
---
UEE/CE forces available:
46 Unicorns
26 RG Unicorns
42 Pegasi
36 RG Pegasi
68 Earth Ponies
189 Crystal Knights
46 Crystal Mages
106 Crystal Slingers

Current army: 559

Hero Units:
Shining Armor (in battle)
Princess Cadance (in battle)
You (in battle)
Twilight Sparkle (in palace)
Princess Luna (in palace)

Enemy:
56 Unicorns
10 RG Unicorns
33 Pegasi
12 RG Pegasi
43 Earth Ponies
27 Crystal Knights
25 Crystal Mages
50 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
24 Gryphon Mercenaries
20 Ghost Division Humans
102 Timberwolves

Total enemy forces: 402

Hero Units:
Pegasus in command

[ ! ] A sector's worth of reinforcements have arrived.

Awaiting next move...

Guardian
Group Admin

739540 Next turn.

Operation Hurricane

"I" go after the Ghosts, I've had the most experience with them. A pegasus flies me up to the rooftops where I step up shop.

Cadence uses the alleyways and uses the shadows to sneak behind the enemy lines, searching for just the right position where she can spot the enemy leader and kill him, but not yet.

Shining Armor rallies all units towars his position and puts up a huge shield to cover them all. The troops advance in formation as Shining Armor slowly increases the shield's diameter and keeping it just ahead of his troops. Crystal Knights at the front of the formation, creating a barricade, Earths and RG Unicorns directly behind them to take out any Timberwolves or enemies who break inside the line. The RG Unicorns also lay down artillery fire over the shield and line upon the enemy. The Crystal Slingers are directly behind them, providing more artillery, and the Unicorns are with them to propel their shots farther and with more force. The Pegasi continue their hit and run tactis, though the RG ones mainly focus and taking out the Timberwolves and other units on the ground while the regulars go after the snipers. I can also provide marskman fire to the ground from my position if necessary as my rifle has a very long rang.

Operation Hurricane is alive.

Guardian
Group Admin

739540 Overlord, this is Sledgehammer-Actual, requesting AAR of Operation Hurricane, over.

In other words, what are the results of my turn? :eeyup:

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

I plan to have them up within the next 6 hours. And because of new information, I also don't have to write in weird second-person perspective for your character. It was becoming pretty egregious.

Guardian
Group Admin

801031 Garcias, and you mind if I send you a character profile on Marcus? It might help.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

A more full one? Sure.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

(Note: I do play this like I don't know where 'hidden' units are, like Cadance or you.)
City Section 2

Twilight continued watching the projection intently. She was studying it like a book, but at the same time afraid of what she would see. She kept on watching, with the logic that deaths would be happening whether she looked or not, and she might as well learn from it. Most importantly, she wanted to know that her brother was safe.
---
The mixed army moved on the offensive again, signaling the start of the next battle. The pegasus led from the front line. "You don't listen well, do you?! Or maybe you forgot in the heat of battle! Unicorns, defeat the shield!"
---
Shining braced himself for an impact of force. It was stronger than he expected and the shield fell. "Hmph. It was worth a try." Fortunately for him, he knew he still had a numbers advantage. Hopefully, he'd be able to keep it.
Before the lines even met, the ponies at the front lines started dropping at an alarming rate, with Crystal Knights and Mages falling the most. The snipers.
The two lines clashed once more. The pegasus at the front of the enemy charge disappeared right before contact. One unicorn near the front line was surprised for a moment when the pegasus suddenly appeared in front of him, tackling him backwards. His shock only lasted for a moment more before a knife stabbed his throat, extinguishing the unicorn's life.
Timberwolves got through once again, but the Equestrians were prepared, and were able to hold them off slightly better. It was still difficult to move around in close quarters, but they did their best. Other timberwolves scrambled to the Crystal Slinger lines, where they were more effective.
---
Meanwhile the enemy army quickly adapted by command of the pegasus, taking note of the new Equestrian strategy. On a return teleportation from the enemy lines, he delegated new commands.
"Unicorns! Emphasis on defense! Shield from opposing magic and continue deterring crystal artillery!"
"Crystal Knights! Continue staying at the front! Earth ponies and gryphons- mix in!" He was planning to have a strong front made to plow through the Equestrian lines.
"Mages, stay alert for injuries! Pegasi! Continue intercepting but stay away from visibility by unicorns on the other side! I'll take care of them! Mercs! Get behind the front line and use those crossbows!"
The numbers weren't exactly great, but between sniper support and the mages' healing, they could continue their push.
---
Cadance slid her way around the enemy army. It certainly was a sight to behold. Gryphons and ponies together were strange as it was, but the timberwolves were just odd.
Her target, unfortunately for her, did not stay in place to command his army. He was instead moving around, in and out of the Equestrian ranks. His kills were swift, and damaged the Equestrian line heavily. It was somewhat admirable, going out to fight himself. Then again, he was highly effective, and it was only logical.
---
"A pegasus that teleports? I've never heard of such a thing!" Twilight exclaimed as she watched the battle.
"Curious, are you?" Luna asked.
Twilight nodded.
"You will learn soon enough. I just have to be sure..."
---
Marcus Ramirez was in his position on the roof, scanning the enemy army for the Ghosts. However, he could not find any, as if they just disappeared from the field. He scanned around a little bit more, even looking on rooftops like he was himself, but they were empty. Then, he found them, shooting out of windows. He took aim and pulled the trigger. The Ghost stumbled and fell out of view from the window he was shooting out of.
It was definitely a confirmed hit, but unfortunately not a confirmed kill. Even worse was the fact that Ramirez had attracted the attention of the Ghost's shooting partner, who quickly took aim and fired back. It barely missed, tossing up some splinters from where it hit.
Ramirez decided it would be better to find a different position. Despite being a skilled marksman, the skill of Ghosts was not to be underestimated, and trying to outsnipe the Ghosts at that point would be useless. It would only end up with him shot.
He reached a satisfactory new firing position. From there, he began providing sniper support against the main enemy army, while hoping the Ghosts wouldn't locate him.
---
The dark pegasus continued his teleporting attacks in and out from his lines. However, on a return to his own army, he was surprised when an earth pony right next to him fell for seemingly no reason. A moment's glance revealed a bleeding hole in his head. "A sniper."
Quickly examining the body and the angles, he generalized the location of the enemy sniper. He teleported his way through the Equestrian ranks, killing a few more ponies on the way, before finally making it onto a rooftop.
---
Marcus continued providing sniper support for much of the past minute. Suddenly, he heard a sound like wings flapping and something comparable to grains of sand sifting and quickly spun around, dragging his rifle to bear. Just as the rifle gets pointed in the direction he was looking, a heavy weight landed on it, knocking the rifle down. He looked into eyes with radiant blue irises... and at the cryptic pegasus that they belonged to. The pegasus did not have a sinister grin, as Marcus may have expected, but was rather seemingly gritting his teeth in annoyance.
"Hello, human."
---
Deaths/Heavy wounds:
UEE/CE:
25 Unicorns
11 RG Unicorns
23 Pegasi
23 RG Pegasi
54 Earth Ponies
138 Crystal Knights
40 Crystal Mages
66 Crystal Slingers

Enemy:
3 Unicorns
2 RG Unicorns
6 Pegasi
10 Earth Ponies
6 Crystal Knights
2 Crystal Mages
3 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
5 Gryphon Mercenaries
27 Timberwolves
---
UEE/CE forces available:
54 Unicorns
31 RG Unicorns
52 Pegasi
36 RG Pegasi
64 Earth Ponies
35 Royal Assassins
217 Crystal Knights
47 Crystal Mages
123 Crystal Slingers

Current army: 659

Hero Units:
Princess Cadance (in battle)
Marcus Ramirez (in battle)
Twilight Sparkle (in Palace Command Room)
Princess Luna (in Palace Command Room)

Enemy:
31 Unicorns
8 RG Unicorns
27 Pegasi
12 RG Pegasi
33 Earth Ponies
21 Crystal Knights
23 Crystal Mages
37 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
19 Gryphon Mercenaries
75 Timberwolves

Total enemy forces: 286

Hero Units:
Pegasus in command

[ ! ] Royal Assassins have arrived on the battlefield.

Guardian
Group Admin

802313 Okay, there's no way all the Ghosts could have displaced that quickly and no one noticed. They were riding on the backs of Pegasi.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

There was that brief interlude period where Shining retreated. From there, the command on the enemy side was "to proceed as planned." As the opposing 'AI', they're 'hidden' units to you. I don't reveal my plan. But you can (and did, actually) find them.

Everything you see and know is what you can see through the Crystal Empire's surveillance systems. If they're out of sight, they're out of sight.

Besides, Marcus's... situation has changed anyways.

you still playing? Cause I'll take over if you lost interest... :pinkiehappy:

Guardian
Group Admin

811040 Nope, still going, I'm just a little busy right now. :twilightsmile: Still planning out my next turn, though.

Guardian
Group Admin

811040 Altough, you could start your own game at any time, I'm sure GP won't mind countering tactics for both of us. :rainbowlaugh:

811074 I'd like that actually. 802496 you mind GP? should I wait? post in another thread? here/now?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

I encourage you to join in and try to do something different than Guardian. There's more than one way to go about this actually.

Honestly, I didn't account for an OC. I actually just adapted to that, and it worked out okay.

"Auxiliary Commander Starfield, reporting for duty, I'll be here to take over the command room should you decide to lead from the front."

Twilight, Luna, and Shining all leave for the front line. Cadence takes over evacuation efforts with Starfield under orders to inform her of any developments. Twilight's probably going to be nervous and a little scared but I'm sure she'll be fine so long as she doesn't get isolated and she's got Luna there if moral becomes an issue.

Alright, now for the command... Pull back forces to the next sector to re-enforce and buy some time before the initial contact. Pegasi, split up as evenly as you can and hide in the houses in sector 1 while everyone is retreating(16/17 pegasi, 12/11 RG pegasi). Earth ponies too, help defend in close quarters if they decide to invade the houses in sector 1. (25 each side of the street). RG Unicorns prepare for fire spells if you have any to help repel Timber wolves and get right behind the knights in sector 2. Slingers, and unicorns, position behind the main line and prepare for volley fire into any enemy forces that enter sector 2. C mages, stand by in the back for damage control and emergency medical assistance. Twilight and Luna stay towards the back and aid in spell volleys until you are needed to defend line breaches. Shining, rally forces to hurry into position and then prepare to put up a quick shield to stun any charging lines in sector 2. Don't exhaust yourself and make sure to get the time so that they smack into it in the next second after it's put up so it will have a chance to stop their momentum before they neutralize it with that thing again.

Are the sensor towers still transmitting data on the movements of the enemies or were they shut down?

Guardian
Group Admin

811245 Quick question, is there any way for the unicorns to use pyrokinetics in this battle? It's kind of crucial to my next turn.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

[ ! ] Data stream active.

(Though technically speaking, the sensor towers are outside of the Empire. The Empire itself has its own surveillance systems.)

Real quick- are you starting from the start?

[ ! ] Warning. Your formation is in close proximity. Caution is advised.

Yeah, you can, but good positioning of unicorns is required. Else you're gonna burn your own guys.

ya, did you want me to join in with guardian instead for simplicity's sake? I thought you wanted me to start my own so, I did all that for my opening tactics. hoping to give a little ground so that I can keep more later... Also, in either case, give me a full report on enemy movements and possible hidden units.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Oh no! No, from the start is way better. Dissecting your strategy now.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Alright then! I'm already liking you. I really didn't expect some of that coming. Especially with the number divisions! That's some old school stuff for us. Back to classic... Anyways, feel free to view the following as an RTS. It fits really well.

By the way, just saying, but if you ever get the time, you should learn the lore around the BF:EQ group some more if you plan on participating more. It can get quite useful at times. In fact, if you were here a couple weeks ago, I think you may have found a certain instance that I will not specify helpful in this scenario.
---
Section 1

"Auxilliary Commander Starfield, reporting for duty, I'll be here to take over the command room should you decide to lead from the front."
"Alright Commander," replied Shining, "Everypony's got to start some time. Good luck in the command room. We're all counting on you. And don't give me anymore trouble worrying about 'stars'- I've had enough these past weeks..."
Across the room, Twilight heard what her brother said. "Start some time? Is Commander Starfield new?"
"I believe so," Luna answered. "I recall seeing his name in the list of officers transferring to the Crystal Empire some time ago. He has yet to overwatch an actual battle."
Twilight felt sympathy for the unicorn in question, and decided that if someone could volunteer themselves to step up for a crucial job they were trained for, she could step up to her role as well. "I'm going down there."
Luna nodded. "Very well then, Twilight Sparkle. Don your armor, then bring us to where you wish to be in the lines."
---
Aux. Com. Starfield was able to communicate straight to the frontlines due to some helpful Crystal Empire technology. Being able to watch over the battle from top view, thanks to the hologram, he could relay better commands to deal with the unknown threat. "Prince Armor-"
"Actually, just call me 'Captain' for now. Forget political correctness- right now, I'm a Guard Captain," Shining replied.
"Uh, alright then, Captain. May I continue?"
"I'm listening."
"I recommend to pull back..."
---
"... and wait for further reinforcements, but leave some troops to deal with the immediate threat. Further details pending..."
"Acknowledged." Shining directed his troops from the rear lines.
Meanwhile, Twilight acquainted herself with the air of war in the rear lines. Luna could hear her deep breaths and saw her cool breaths in the cold Empire climate, doing her best to stay calm. "Though I can see you are clearly nervous, Twilight, you are doing quite well. It was a bold move, coming out here just as the battle starts. Celestia would be proud."
"Thank you, Luna." Twilight paused. "So what happens now?" As if to answer her question, a voice rung in her helmet.
"Princesses."
"We are listening," Luna responded. Recommended orders were relayed, and Twilight thought it would be best to follow the commander's words. One who can see the entire thing unfold was surely still more powerful than her intelligent but inexperienced self.
---
"They're pulling back," the dark pegasus observed. "Hmm... but some pegasi and earth ponies are protecting the houses. Ghosts! Get on some pegasi and take out the earth ponies on the streets! Everyone else! Assist!"
"Understood."
"Unicorns! Put up a shield for us for now!"
"Aye sir." A shield went up, protecting against the Equestrian magic artillery.
Unfortunately for the Equestrian earth ponies, they were overwhelmed by the sheer number and power of the enemy forces. The Ghosts coninued sniping other soldiers that had retreated once they had finished their previous order. A griffon walked up next to the pegasus. "And the houses?"
"Breach and clear. 4 teams consisting of 6 unicorns and 1 Royal Guard, 6 earth ponies, 6 griffons, and a mage each, clear houses. Take 10 timberwolves with you also. Tell everyone to report back once that's finished."
"Yes sir." The griffon left and relayed commands to the others. The four teams split to their houses.
Meanwhile, the Ghosts continued their sniper support and the other soldiers stood ready as they waited. The army menacingly stood still and poised to attack.
---
Shining Armor observed the enemy line. He was sure that Aux. Com. Starfield was thinking a similar thing as he was that moment- what a strange composition of soldiers. The timberwolves standing like trained attack dogs only added to the chilling sense the army radiated.
There was a shield being projected by the unicorns, and their magic artillery was not able to break it. These two armies were currently at a standstill, but Shining knew that melee combat would eventually break out.
---
Back in the enemy lines, a short while later, the griffon returned. "All teams report houses cleared. Proceed as planned?"
The pegasus nodded. "Proceed." He turned to the rear lines. "Ghosts! Dismount and proceed as planned!"
He looked a ways towards the Equestrian line, noticing some taller figures in the back. He was slightly surprised at his discovery. "The Princesses... interesting." He mulled over the new development. "Luna may present a problem, but Twilight Sparkle shouldn't be too hard to deal with..." he thought.
Scanning over the lines once more, he noticed one more figure. "And Guard Captain Armor. Intriguing."
---
(Because you asked for a surveillance report)
Starfield studied the battlefield intently. The forces he left to protect the first area were all eliminated. Ghosts and Griffons moved into the houses that were cleared. On his side of the battlefield, reinforcements had arrived. It was going to be a much more stressful night than he had planned for.
---

Deaths/Heavy Wounds:
UEE/CE:
5 Unicorns
6 RG Unicorns
30 Pegasi
21 RG Pegasi
50 Earth Ponies
153 Crystal Knights
34 Crystal Mages
17 Crystal Slingers

Enemy:
4 Unicorns
6 Earth Ponies
2 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
10 Timberwolves

UEE/CE forces available:
61 Unicorns
26 RG Unicorns
36 Pegasi
25 RG Pegasi
50 Earth Ponies
179 Crystal Knights
48 Crystal Mages
149 Crystal Slingers

Current army: 574

Hero Units:
Princess Cadance (elsewhere)
Twilight Sparkle (in battle)
Princess Luna (in battle)
Auxilliary Com. Starfield (in Palace Command Room)

Enemy:
36 Unicorns
10 RG Unicorns
40 Pegasi
12 RG Pegasi
44 Earth Ponies
30 Crystal Knights
25 Crystal Mages
52 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
26 Gryphon Mercenaries
20 Ghost Division Mercenaries
110 Timberwolves

Total enemy forces: 405

Hero Units:
Commanding pegasus

---
Despite me viewing you as someone who's actually going to put up a very good fight as this goes on... that earth pony move was just so fail :rainbowlaugh:. And the houses too. I'm sorry, but hey- stuff happens. I think you'll manage well later anyways. I honestly didn't exactly expect the protect the houses strategy.

I thought I had said that they would be INSIDE the houses... so that they would be able to hide and ambush from the sides... Also hadn't quite expected that sniper support to so devastating.

No matter, I'll chalk it up as a miscommunication along the line. I had expected that even if they noticed the small forces ducking down inside, they would be forced into a bit of bottleneck with the doors and windows.

Analyzing the battlefield for my next move.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

No matter, I'll chalk it up as a miscommunication along the line.

Bravo, bravo! You are a great partner in on-the-run storymaking! :twilightsmile:

813614 Starfield gaped at the massacre that had just occurred. He thought they would have hidden away but instead the earth ponies just stood around the outside and at the windows as if they were guarding the place. He understood they weren't trained in stealth but hiding and defending in a somewhat fortified position such as a structure seemed trivial to the young commander. The fact that most of his original front line of knights and medical teams were decimated by sniper support only caused his complexion to pale further.

"What have I gotten myself into..." was all he could mutter to himself as he saw the shield go up.

>Calling Cadence in to scout out the snipers but not to engage them and remain hidden.
>C Knights push forward and engage.
>RG Unicorns, focus on taking down that shield.
>Pegasi, fly into the house areas and use hit and run tactics on any forces you find or on the flanks if they are clear, be sure to use the buildings as cover. We can rebuild houses, we can't replace lost lives.
>C mages, get into cover INSIDE the back most sector 2 houses and use them as makeshift hospitals,
>RG pegasi go on search and rescue, get the wounded out of combat alive and back to the healers so they can get soldiers back on the line.
>Unicorns, mix in with the knights and burn down any timberwolves that get too close to the line but try to stay back from the actual melee fighting.
>Earth ponies, cover the back field and take care of any breaks in the line.
>Slingers continue volley fire from the back into the enemy crowds.
>Shining, Luna, and Twilight, please try to stick together and hold the middle.

"Captian, I've asked your wife to recon for those snipers, until then, try to keep your front line forces close to the enemy and hard for those ranged attacks to use without collateral damage. Your shield will probably get neutralized as soon as you put it up but it should work for momentary defense in order to stun the enemy front line if they get a strong push going. The stall in momentum might be the break you need.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

I need clarification on what your pegasi are doing.

Standard pegasi are moving into the houses and pushing forward to use hit and run tactics on any they find until they are next to the enemy army, then they flank. They are suppose to move from cover (basically rooftop to rooftop and trying to avoid getting targeted by ranged units) only to quickly attack with rapid strikes and then fall back to the relative safety of the houses. Guerrilla fighters. Not expecting a lot of kills from them, just trying to get them to help out and harass enemies from the sides. Equal splitting on both sides of the street.

The RG pegasi are moving throughout the allied army and lending a hand to injured ponies before air lifting them out of there/covering the injured pony's retreat back to the C mages hiding out towards the houses furthest back from the fighting, but still in sector 2 so they can be healed up and restored to full combat effectiveness. Skirmishers with emphasis on rescuing/aiding injured soldiers. Not expecting a lot of kills here either, but should help stem the mortality rate of many of the soldiers.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

One more thing- does Cadance have her weapons or not? It was kinda left on an ambiguous note.

I... kinda left that up to her though I assumed she would arm herself once she was informed to enter the battlefield.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Ah. Okay, she has weapons.

Lol, I need to figure out how to be more specific. I thought some of this could just be assumed but then again, I guess that's why I ended up losing my ambush force to a miscommunication.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Actually, you have some of the most specific strategies I've seen in a while. Admittedly, the earth pony issue in the last move was also a bit my fault, since I actually understood what you meant... once I finished writing the entire thing. I personally chalked it up to "earth ponies were killed moving to their positions".

Either way, is that all you needed?

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

City Section 2

"I need a pegasus!" the dark pegasus called out. One came up to him. "Yes sir?"
"Relay additional information to the Ghosts. Do not shoot high value targets. That means the Princesses and the Guard Captain."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Deliver the message."
The second pegasus flew off. 
---
"Princess Cadance, this is Auxilliary Commander Starfield, can you hear me?"
"Yes Commander, what is it?" the Assassin-Princess replied. 
"I need you to help scout the enemy sniper positions for me. I can't see them in the Empire's hologram."
"I'll do what I can." She took to the air and casted an invisibility spell.
"Don't engage. Stay cloaked."
---
"Captain."
"Yes Commander?"
"I recommend going for a push right now. Also, I've asked your wife to recon for those snipers..."
---
The Equestrian army began a charge. The Crystal Knights at the front were difficult to combat up close due to their armor, so they were left to the Ghosts. 
The enemy army stayed in formation, with their Crystal Knights at the front, with Earth Ponies and Griffon Heavy Infantry mixing in. Unicorns were behind this line, supporting with defensive magic. The mages were safely situated away from the front line, but still able to heal. Pegasi were mixed in the rear with Griffon Mercs. The Mercenaries readied their crossbows, prepared to shoot at any acceptable target. Timberwolves were scattered at the front and sides. 
To assist the Ghosts in thinning the line the enemy lines held their ground, instead of meeting the charge. 
Except for one, however. The commanding pegasus closed the distance. Some unicorns fired magic bolts at him, but he dodged them with ease. One unicorn had a straight shot at him, but as he fired, the pegasus disappeared, only to reappear in front of him. Surprise only lasted for a second, before the unicorn was tackled down and a knife extinguished his life.
---
Starfield was awed and distressed by what he was watching. The dark-coated pegasus had gotten inside the charging line and wreaked havoc. In fact, with close observation, he was mostly aiming for the unicorns. He did not prolong engagements. Instead, the attacks were quick and effective, and would teleport to a different position after a few seconds. 
The main battle itself was no less important. Much of the Knights had fallen, with no hope of saving by Mages, but the RG Pegasi were able to rescue some wounded comrades. The battle was at a generally equal standstill.
The unicorns of the enemy held up the shield, and few used any offensive spells. The Equestrian Unicorns could only match this, but not break the shield. The shield also prevented Crystal Slinger artillery from reaching over, exploding harmlessly in the air.
Timberwolves made their way around the Equestrian line, past the Unicorns. A number of Timberwolves were burned and scorched useless, but many made it through nonetheless. They attacked the formation in the rear, where the Slingers and Earth Ponies were located.
Griffon Mercenaries and their crossbows were quite a nuisance to the Equestrian line, popping up out of their place only to fire a crossbow bolt into the lines, then landing back in the safety of their lines to reload.
Equestrian Pegasi flanked the enemy position. They took some of the army by surprise, but the enemy Pegasi and Griffon Mercs responded quickly. While the pegasi battled it out, Griffon Mercs quickly took down a few Equestrians with their crossbows. At least, for the moment, the Mercs' attention was diverted from the main army.
---
Twilight and Luna held their ground in the middle. Twilight, however, only had a moment to hear the sound of wings flapping and something comparable to sand sifting before she felt a hard buck to the back of her helmet. She screamed in surprise and pain. 
"Twilight!" Luna called out. Are you alright?!"
"Yeah... I'm fine. It was like a pony bucked me in the back of my head."
Luna, relieved, turned her attention back to the battle.
Twilight returned her focus as well, but was once more hit in the side. She quickly spun... but found no one. Then again, she was hit on her other side. She was becoming very anxious. One more hit came from her rear. She whimpered in distress.
"Twilight, are you still alright?! Are you wounded?"
"N-no. But... I think someone's trying to get me," she nervously declared. 
Luna remembered something. The pegasus the scout had told her about. Could it be? She scanned for any presences around. "SHOW YOURSELF!" she angrily yelled. 
"Princess Luna." She turned to her right, confronted by a dark coated pegasus and radiant blue eyes. 
"YOU!"
He grinned. "Don't blink-"
Luna attacked, but found air. 
"-or you'll miss me."
She turned once more, but the pegasus was gone. 
---
"Commander, can you find the pegasus?"
"He just teleported away. He was on a roof moments ago, but he's gone now," Starfield replied. Starfield was worried- he had just watched a pegasus weave hia way through the army, taking quick kills each time he teleported. At the same time, he made his way to the Princesses, and quite possibly could have easily killed them as he did the other soldiers. 
---
Cadance flew over to the enemy position, invisible to their eyes. "Commander, I have a view of their snipers. They are shooting out of the top floor windows of the houses, working in pairs. And it seems that each pair has a griffon accompanying them."
---

Deaths/Heavy Wounds:
UEE/CE:
46 Unicorns
20 RG Unicorns
13 Pegasi
4 RG Pegasi
20 Earth Ponies
158 Crystal Knights
86 Crystal Slingers

Enemy:
1 Unicorn
4 Earth Ponies
6 Pegasi
1 RG Pegasi
8 Earth Ponies
4 Crystal Knights
2 Crystal Mages
3 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
4 Gryphon Mercenaries
33 Timberwolves

UEE/CE forces available:
48 Unicorns
22 RG Unicorns
56 Pegasi
44 RG Pegasi
80 Earth Ponies
35 Royal Assassins
187 Crystal Knights
89 Crystal Mages
146 Crystal Slingers

Current army: 707

Hero Units:
Princess Cadance (over enemy position)
Twilight Sparkle (in battle)
Princess Luna (in battle)
Auxilliary Com. Starfield (in Palace Command Room)

Enemy:
35 Unicorns
10 RG Unicorns
34 Pegasi
11 RG Pegasi
36 Earth Ponies
26 Crystal Knights
23 Crystal Mages
49 Gryphon Heavy Infantry
22 Gryphon Mercenaries
20 Ghost Division Mercenaries
77 Timberwolves

Total enemy forces: 343

Hero Units:
Commanding pegasus

[ ! ] Twilight Sparkle is experiencing combat distress, and is risking leaving the battlefield.

[ ! ] Royal Assassins have arrived on the battlefield.

Comment posted by CuriousCurse deleted Mar 28th, 2013
The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

I actually forgot to give you important information. The turn information has been edtited.

Also note your time range- I've been quite lenient, but assuming a Ghost can get off a shot every 6 seconds, that's 10 kills per Ghost per minute. Roughly 200 kills per minute. I've pulled the kill rate down a little for now.

That... changes about half my combat strategy.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Yeah, I know. :twilightsheepish: Sorry.

lol, no problem. I'm finding this to be very fun. It's an interesting change of pace for me to be giving in-depth overall strategies.

Starfield had adopted a neutral look of confident attentiveness in front of the minor officers running the equipment in the command center. It was bad enough everyone was on edge without him looking like he was losing control. He flipped open a channel to Princess/Master Assassin Cadence.

"Rodger that, I'm sending the royal assassins over to you. I want you to do what you can to take them out. I'm giving you 20 pegasi to aid you as distractions. They should be able to swarm the windows and at least make the griffins look the other way while you decloak behind them and strike."

"Twilight, Luna, Please pull back and assist the RG unicorns in bringing down that shield for our slingers. I've retasked flanking pegasi forces to switch tactics and engage the enemy unicorns. With some luck, we'll be able to neutralize their magical advantages. I've also got a plan for the pegasus so stick close together and be ready to fight him once he pops up"

"Captain, your sister and Princess Luna are getting harassed by that damn teleporting pegasus. I've asked them to pull back and help bring down that shield but I need you to do something you might not like. I need to see if we can get rid of him. Pull back and once he pops up to attack one of the princesses, I want you to put up a shield bubble around them to try and trap them together. Just be careful if he comes after you. Hopefully, he'll get pinned in with two angry alicorns in confusion about not being able to teleport away, otherwise, lets hope he gets the message that we are targeting him and decides to be a bit less aggressive."

Starfield takes a moment to collect himself and take in the rest of the battlefield. He still has to do some general troop movements.

>Unicorns, 24 stay on the front line and provide ranged spell and pyrokentic support, the remaining 24 disperse into the the defenses being put up by the earth ponies to assist in burning the timber wolves.

>RG unicorns, continue to try and take down the shield with the now added support of the alicorn princesses Twilight and Luna.

>Pegasi, prioritize unicorn targets powering the shield except 20 of you. I want the 20 of you to assist Princess Mi Amora Credenza in assassinating the snipers hiding in some of the houses. She should be able to tell you about how much time it will take her and her assassins to set up and then she'll probably have you swarm the windows to gain the attention of the griffins guarding each sniper team while they strike and simultaneously take out each team from the inside. Try to stay out of sight until it's time for you to move out.

>RG Pegasi, continue rescuing injured forces except for 20 of you who are to assist in directly attacking any forces that break through the line. Use your aerial mobility and melee combat training to your advantage.

>Earth ponies, continue smashing the timber wolves and defending the slingers, you now have the numbers advantage against them so try to stick close to each other and don't let them overwhelm you individually. I've assigned unicorns with fire spells to burn them into useless husks so call out when you've got one incapacitated and they can make sure it doesn't get back up.

>C Knights, Keep pressing forward and break that front line. Protect your supporting mages but don't be afraid to call for a little help.

>C Mages, original forces (49) stay back in the field hospitals and keep saving lives. The 40 coming in fresh I want hiding close behind the front line and healing ponies as they get hurt or helping the RG pegasi to save the more serious cases.

>C Slingers, move up closer to the front line and fire right over the front line and at the enemy unicorns (in general, including RG and C as well) themselves. try to keep them busy so that they can be overwhelmed. Fire in huge, synchronized volleys with 1 minute intervals so that the flanking forces can have a chance to quickly jump in and attack before breaking off and evading.

Starfield flipped the channel back to listen mode. 'Seems to be a sound plan', he thought. 'Let's see how it goes wrong'. A small smirk crossed his face at his morbid joke as he leaned back into a somewhat comfy command chair in front of the holoscreen, though he hoped most the lieutenants and technicians would interpret it as a sign of everything being just fine.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 105