Mentally Deficient Authors 630 members · 1,408 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Ok, it's been a long time since the subject came up, but in the one episode with Cerberus and the mention of "Tartarus", people have said things like "Pony Hell exists, and Twilight Sparkle knows where it is," and I just wanted to clear something up.

Tartarus ≠ Hell. In legend, Tartarus is described as being "as far below Hades [Hell] as Earth is below Heaven." It is not a place for mortal souls, it is a prison for evil SPIRITS (like Tirek). Spirits not only need a tougher prison to keep them trapped, but they have FAR fewer excuses for becoming evil than mortals do, since they don't have things like traumatic childhoods to warp their judgement of things.

Ok, that started with actual lore but quickly derailed into my own speculation -- but hey, that's just creativity taking over where the legend run short! Speaking of, does anyone know a good site for general story posting? Most of my narrative ideas don't revolve around ponies, and it would be neat to have a decent community to share them with~

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1