Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,748 members · 4,489 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
arcum42
Group Admin

If, theoretically, knighty ever followed up on making someone (me, most likely, actually) an admin of this group, we may as well talk about what we'd want to do with it. It's starting to seem unlikely, but we may as well discuss it anyways.

I was personally thinking of making one of these two pictures banners:

And this could be the icon:

We would want some folders. Besides the usual tag based ones, what categories could we have for the group? "Crusading for our cutie marks" comes to mind.

What else would be want to have going here?

And, of course, if I had admin rights, I'd assemble a small admin team. I'd probably try to draft SweetAI Belle and DJ Garv, but I'm sure we'd need more people than that...

anyways, just thought I'd get some feedback. Think I'll go bug maskedferret again...

--arcum42

1776773 Well, it would be cool to have an active admin again. Shameful that the admin here has not been online here in over 74 weeks.

1776773 someone actually made a banner. Bright Heart. it would be nice to consider.

arcum42
Group Admin

I know exactly what you mean. In fact, I rescued the Scootaloo group from a similar fate a good while back. The admin hadn't been on in a long time, but I managed to get ahold of him. Turned out that it hadn't even been I big group when he stopped going to fimfiction.

Unfortunately, all attempts to contact this admin have failed, so we need one of the site admins to take care of it. The Sweetie Belle group went that route, and it took months and mostly giving up on it before SweetAI Belle got admin rights there...

--arcum42

1776783 Well, I happen to know two mods here, and maybe I can talk with them about the missing admin in this group, and how you have made every attempt at getting in contact with him.

arcum42
Group Admin

That would be appreciated. I did do a bunch at one point to try to get admin powers here, and eventually mostly gave up. I'm pretty much picking back up since knighty and maskedferret apparently already talked it over, but it didn't get followed up on...

I'd be good with someone other than me becoming admin, too. I'm just rather experienced as a group admin, so I have a fair idea of what needs to be done. Of course, part of the reason I'd be making sure to have an admin team is that I'm either an admin for or running a lot of groups at this point.

--arcum42

I like that for a banner image!

1776796 Well, I can talk with Alexstranza and Razedrainbow for you, and maybe they could talk with Knighty on your behalf.

arcum42
Group Admin

That would actually work pretty well. Bright Heart does make good banners. That's part of why I posted the two I did, also, was I was hoping good alternatives would be pointed out.

I might have even seen that one at some point, but if I did, it slipped my mind.

--arcum42

arcum42
Group Admin

Alright, cool. In the meantime, I've nudged maskedferret again...

--arcum42

Well, the CMC Clubhouse divides stories into folders by tag (comedy, adventure, etc.), so maybe this one could divide it by crusader (Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, etc) as suggested in this thread by Impossible Numbers:
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/179/cutie-mark-crusaders/thread/19385/discussion-about-folders

arcum42
Group Admin

That's certainly a possibility for fanfics that happen to revolve particularly around one member of the cmc. I'd like to have folders for common types of cmc fics as well, in any case. The main things is thinking up categories of things that happen in cmc fanfics pretty regularly.

There should probably be a "CMC Manehattan" folder as well, thinking about it.

--arcum42

1776816 Actually arcum do you mind if I use the 'CMC Manehattan' idea in the CMC Clubhouse? Just wondering.

arcum42
Group Admin

Well, there's probably no harm in having a duplicate folder name if I do get control of this group at some point. Feel free, just give me credit if we do end up with it in both places and anyone asks...:twilightsmile:

--arcum42

1822027 I will:twilightsmile: Also thank you for putting up a promotion on Twilight's Library. That got my group quite a few people.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15