Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Okay, here’s the sinario. A group of US soldiers are sent to an old abandoned research center for a possible terrorest hostage situation. They go in, search around, and discover over 300 children between the ages of 2 and 10 years of age, with strange hair and eye colors. They’re scared, and the soldiers see that some of the children’s hands are glowing, while others are floating in the air. One of the soldiers reports to his commanding officer about the children, and asks on what to do next.

Now, I’m not in the military due to medical issues, so I might’ve gotten some things wrong. If so, I’m truly sorry, and please correct me.

Anyways, what would’ve the military done with these children, or in a situation like this.

6929029 Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure...

Just Kidding. A lot of this depends on the country and general location. If it's within the US things will be very different from if it's in a foreign country. Additionally, whether or not these military dudes are there overtly (think general military operations) or covertly (black ops with plausible deniability) would also change things.

As a general rule, something paranormal like this would probably warrant some sort of investigation. With honorable military folks this would probably become a humanitarian aid issue with medical professionals and whatnot being called in to take charge of the situation with the military either leaving or staying to provide security (again, location is a key factor here).

If, however, their CO is some asshat who wants power or wants to pad his fitrep like some cheap bond villain and the situation permits the children could be more quietly moved to a secure location where the nefarious CO could get more credit or political power by using them to his advantage. It all depends on a variety of factors, the first instance being more likely.

Bottom line: more info is needed to give a straight answer.

The location is in the US, in the state of California, city,L,A, and the military are very covert. The CO would be wanting zero casualties for both civilians and child. So I would assume the military would stay for protection.

My question would be on what they would do if they can’t find anything, or they do find something, but can’t do anything about it. I mean, the military found over 300 children with no parents, are scared beyond belief, speak of a place that doesn’t exist, a goddess who lives among mortals and moves the sun, and have no idea on what a smart phone is.

Oh, and they can do fricken magic.

What would they do with these kids? And that’s not even counting on how long the investigation would last.

6929097 As far as I'm aware the military wouldn't be doing any sort of covert operations inside the US. Terrorist threats would be handled by local authorities, namely: SWAT units and other dedicated anti-terrorist forces. In this case, I'd guess the children would be put in some sort of quarantine while blood work was done and they were checked out by psychologists. After that, it's anyone's guess. Put up for adoption. Integrated into society through special programs. Etcetera.

Playing devil's advocate and saying the military is the one taking charge in this, the soldiers would probably gather any intelligence that they could (if it's just the kids, they'd probably get pictures of the weird phenomenon) and covertly exfiltrate before putting in a call to the local authorities. From there, it would be an issue handled as above.

Alright, thanks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5