Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

In a few days more or less I will be seeing a United States Marine Corp. recruiter. Is there anything I should say or do that would be beneficial for the recruiter to know?

I don't know, but I could use any tips you get as well. I'm facing the recruiter in four years.

Be honest with any criminal record or major medical problems you may or may not have. Trying to hide that shit will only come back to bite you in the ass.

Thanks, I think those shouldn't be a problem.

I wish you the best of luck. be honest and know what you want before making a decision. I don't have much advice for Marine recruiters. I only dealt with my army recruiter and he was almost too honest with me.

Just make sure the corps is for you before you sign the papers. If you hit the fleet and you don't want it then life is gonna be hell. If your going POG don't join the marines. Be a POG somewhere with less bullshit. If your going grunt then prepare for the worst 2 years of your life before shit gets better and don't be a bitch or it will never get better

Haha, alright most comments I get from you guys are useful. :pinkiesmile:

I was a POG while I was in, and I approve this message. In retrospect, I probably could have joined the Navy or Air Force and gotten the exact same things I got from the Marines with much less of the bullshit.

>>USMCbrony0311
Agreed. i went into the marines right out of high school. tried to follow in my dads footsteps. to bad i didn't listen to his advice. make sure that it is what you want. because they are going to ride you harder than you can possibly imagine. i got injured because i wasn't prepared for it. i ended up being there for five months instead of the usual three. but hey if you think you got it.... go for it and give it everything you have. Go big or go home. if you don't feel like your gonna die at the end of the day then your not doing it right. and if you make it through boot camp give me a hoot and a holler. i love welcoming new brothers to the pack.:rainbowdetermined2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13