Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Hello everyone, I'm zalla661 and am new to this group.

I honestly wanted to ask a somewhat serious question regarding Air Force dress code I want to use for one of my stories and was hoping someone here could enlighten me if I am mistaken.

So I have a story where Adagio Dazzle was an Air Force Colonel and after doing her time she retired to join up with her fellow sirens which lead to their taking over Canterlot High. It's a godzilla crossover and not a military story but will use military elements which leads to my question: In the modern Air Force do female officers who hold the rank of Colonel still wear the long skirts, or whatever you call them (I'm not in the service due to a foot related injury) or do they have the choice to wear dress slacks like men?

I know most of you here know this by now and probably think I'm some wanabe but if anyone can answer this for me I'd be most grateful.

Thank you all and to all the service men and women active or retired, (Don't worry Marines I know there's no such thing as a retired Marine):twilightsmile: thank you for all you've done and have a bless day.

5082553 Which country you after? Their is more than one Air Force in the world.

Ah right guess I should have clarified.:twilightsheepish: It's the United States Air Force.

5082566 I wouldn't know then. I serve in Australia and I can barely remember the rank structure. All I remember is, if they have more shit then you, do what they say.

5082572 Aw, well thanks anyways. :twilightsmile: I appreciate you trying.

5082573 Try and go for the Slacks option. Dress codes Are subject to political correctness after all.

5082575 True true, I just like to know things before hand. Like in my story MuR 991 or MiG 991 I went all out trying to get military jargon right. I came short but I think it wasn't bad for someone who isn't in the service.

Perhaps I'll go with slacks but I still hope someone can confirm it. I read it is both on the AirForce website and one of my friends, but I don't really trust her.

5082577 If you do need military knowledge then hit me up. As someone who serves in the army I should be able to clarify some things.

5082617 Hair Regulations are a whole thing on their own. For the purpose of this story I'll allow some freedoms to it. Hair can be fixed with magic and stuff while the rest can be more realistic. Thanks for the articles on the USAF Dress Code. :twilightsmile: And finally how can you regulate the hair styles in MLP? Rainbow arguable has the closest to any military regulation I've seen thus far.

5082617 Hmm, since you are here what's the penalty for impersonating an officer? is it considered a felony?

5082657 Thanks for all you help friend! I appreciate it.:twilightsmile:

Oh, for fuck's sakes...POG's...

AFI 36 - 2903 Dress and Appearance.

Can confirm has everything needed for uniforms, can confirm the doc was burned in my class' heads when we messed up, can confirm nightmares about exact form, can confirm seeing it brings me mental anguish.

As Verb said, it's in the UCMJ, and I did find an piece which explains it. Punishment is basically dishonorable discharge with intent to defraud.

5082909 Hey now, I resent that statement good sir. :rainbowlaugh:The only 'pogs' I deal with are the kind you throw on the ground to flip another.

5082934 Appreciate the help. :scootangel:
5083103 Why are we POGs?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19