Background Ponies 358 members · 970 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Why don't we have a go at all introducing ourselves to each other? Why don't I start?

I am Cozmosus, some know me as Discord, just 'cause I do a good impression. I write The Other Mane Six: Adventures in Ponyville, along with Defender of the Night. Other Mane Six is a story where I decided to put the focus of each mlp episode on some of the background ponies, because, of course, they need more love. My favourite background pones are Vinyl, Octavia and Lyra, along with Doctor Whooves. Favourite villain is of course, Discord.

Okay, now everyone else go. Or else.

Well, OK. I'll give it a go.

Admiral Biscuit here. Not too much else to say. Most of my stories are heavily focused on background ponies, since the foreground ponies are "too mainstream." Also, it's a case of following a well-trod path,and I'm the kind of guy that's going to come up to you covered in scratches and stuck all over with brambles, saying, "check out the shortcut I just found!

I've written a fair number of stories about Derpy, although I don't often name her in the stories (because of the whole controversy, don'tcha know.).

Lyra's the primary in my PoE fic.

My favorite background pony is Cherry Berry. She speaks in an episode, she's got a toy collectable, and she's got the cutest aviator's hat ever. Give her some love, y'all. Plus, she's in, like, every episode EVER. (Heck, she probably got more screentime than Rarity in S3).

Hello, I'm Kartal, and I love background ponies because they're blank slates yet we all know their names and have different creative theories behind them. But I see there's a thread to discuss that sort of thing so I'll save my musings for that. My favorite background ponies are Noteworthy and Rose, but every single one of them intrigue me. Oh, people are talking about what they've written... well my good (so I feel) stories are one shots featuring Dash and Pinks each in their own Sol bit...everything else is crud.

Hello! I am Nyperold.

My favorite background pony is Diamond Mint, known on some cards as Mint Jewelup.

"Who?" I hear you ask, and small wonder. I've seen a few people say she's their favorite or near the top, but she hasn't really captured the general fanbase like some others I don't have to name because you know.

Well, rather than tell you myself, I'll let the wiki do it for me. I've seen a very few fanworks here and on deviantART featuring her.

As for what I've done with her, I roleplay her on Coloholics, but here, aside from a short story I wrote in Short Writing Prompts, I gave her a bit (sorry) part in My Little Season Fairy: Weather is Magic.

As for other background ponies, I do have a couple of stories in the works featuring two of the best known: Lyra and Bon Bon. Maybe I'll even publish them someday...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4