The Sci-Fi Ponies 2,084 members · 1,819 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

It's only two months away from being released to the public, and already I'm starting to see the hype train is getting rather full. Now, I must say in truth that I am too a part of this train filled to the brim with hype because it's like Spore, Destiny, EVE, Ark Survival, and Skyrim all had an orgy child and that's what No Man's Sky is.

Lately, I've been watching a TON of IGN and other channels covering the game as it grows. 18,000,000,000,000,000,000+ planets to explore, 4 (space fairing) NPC factions to interact with, 1 enemy NPC faction to worry about running into, and 4 types of ships, billions of ways to play the game. Honestly, I loved the shit out of Star Trek and that's what got me into the show, because I wanted to know what John De Lancie was up to. This game reminds me of Star Trek because there was the FOUR main races that ST-TNG went over and in detail. I can't say that I'm not skeptical about NMS, because I am. This game could've come out a few years later and be ready for VR when it's at its height. Instead, we get a game that's first person, and a near endless galaxy to explore with the idea that there are other galaxies in the game. You can be anything in NMS, a: Pirate, Trader, Scouter, Explorer, Miner, Combat Pilot, etc.

So all I have to ask is:

Who would make a No Man's Sky fanfic where your character interacts with the ponies either on a planet that you're exploring or Equestria could be the planet your character explores? What kind of challenges would this create for the ponies and your character as he interacts with a peaceful race.

Sounds like a good idea, but I have enough on my plate

There is a "no mans sky" fic with twilight. No Mares Sky :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3