Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 72 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 72

Wait wait wait, I thought people were asking for more crackdown on hostile behavior here.

I don't think anyone is calling them cowards, and I simply stated that they overreacted.

From what I can see, Garv is trying to nip things in the bud, so to speak, so that things don't escalate into flame wars.

They said that they were taking the easy road, running away from the problems in the group instead of fixing them. The accusations of cowardice are implied, and they were present in both threads about the group. You can't pretend like they don't exist when they're implied, not direct, because it means the same thing in the end.

I know how hard it is to leave a group and start another. It means being in direct conflict with a more popular, established group. It means leaving behind threads. It means doing an insane amount of work to try to get noticed and nothing else. It is far from a cowardly thing. It's something that requires far more effort and dedication than what is being showed here, because from what I can tell, all that fixing things around here has come down to is leaving and NOT starting another group.

You can do more, and not just as an admin. I saw how restrictive things could be over there, and I took them to task, thread after thread, writing my own rules and adjusting theirs with my suggestions, and finally they threw up their hands and just used mine. That's effort. That's putting in the effort to make the community you want to live in. And it's something that could not and would not have ever happened here.

As for you, you WERE trying to be 'le parasprite'. You posted comments against the group here, and then posted a thread laughing at the group. You may have gotten a few over the top reactions, but if I was in charge, you would have been banned for...asking to get banned with your behavior. He may have lost his temper, but do not pretend to be an angel, because I was there. I saw what you did and I saw that it wasn't anything but looking for trouble. You may have gotten more than you bargained for, but if you poke the beehive, it's only what you deserve.

Don't try and hide and attack people for being mean to you when you provoked them and got your ass beat. If you're going to try and be a troll and antagonize people, you have to stand up and be honest. Or do you not remember the ninth commandment?

They want there to be less flame wars, sure. But it has to be done in a careful way. Remember the outcry when he wanted to ban homosexuality threads? The ends do not justify the means here, and it doesn't seem like the ends are even what you think. He outright stated that he was trying to get people to swear less, not to cause less flame wars. The hilarious thing is that he replied to someone saying that everyone swore around here. He knows it's a common thing. He just wants to crack down on it anyway because he personally doesn't like it. And that's why I'm making the extra effort to throw one in every few posts, because RIGHT after the last controversy, he's right back again with doing the same thing.

I know that we've had a problem with moderator bias in the past, but this is an increase to a new level. I understand the need to keep things civil and to not make it so obscene, but the rules in a group have to serve the people posting here. And that's the line I had to walk when I wrote the rules over on the other group. But I did it. It took me an hour. It wasn't hard.

Someone did toss me a revised ruleset yesterday. Part of it. But after I responded to some of the really objectionable things in it, I didn't get the other part of it. I wonder why.

This is part of why I even put any stock in the other group to begin with. Controversies come at an astonishing rate, mod bias towards people of a certain point of view makes it impossible for people to trust them with banning people in flame wars, and even reforms lead to worse things over all, like censorship, forced apologies, or things like that. The unprofessional behavior from Saint and the wild behavior of Garv doesn't make for any sort of good or stable group unless the users take them to task, and even then, it's a constant battle. I would rather put in my efforts where they're going to do some good. I'm not lazy. I'm not taking the easier path. It's a lot more damned work. But I'm doing it because it's going to end up making a better community for everyone involved, one that isn't going to lead to moderators acting horrible to other users on CHRISTMAS.

Language should be kept fairly clean in all discussions. Repeated heavy language will be punished.

- The rules.

Garv may be overdoing it, but he is just trying to make the group more civil, and he has been trying to improve and adjust whenever things have gone south.

He isn't perfect, but his intentions are good and, so far as I can tell, he has been trying to do what we as a rough collective tell him.

Honestly, I think we need another moderator to help keep things in line, but Garv isn't a bad guy.

Death itself. :applejackconfused:

Proper Noun
Group Admin

I think we'll see what the new moderation is really made of the next time a flame war starts up.

... this is not an invitation. :derpytongue2:

Garv doesn't seem like a bad guy most of the time. He lacks direction and he is reactive. He tends toward punishment and censorship. Like this recent thing on swearing. Everyone does it to an extent. But all of a sudden, he feels inclined to come down on the lesser offences in an attempt to stop flame wars without telling anyone.

And he is just as biased as the rest. You should have seen his reaction to the conversation that got Saint suspended in the end. He did everything short of telling me to fuck off, and I'm willing to bet that if he hadn't gone to bed before I posted that thread of mine, it would have been deleted and no one would have known what happened. That isn't moderator.

I'll start the flame war: Twilight is worst pony! Twilight < Miss Harshwhinny! I don't like Doctor Who!

Proper Noun
Group Admin

Oh, it is ON!

(Haven't found a gif of her throwing pillows with the lasso. How is there not a gif of that?! :applejackconfused:)

Proper Noun
Group Admin

I win.

You lose.

:rainbowwild::raritywink:

Madeline L-Equine
Group Admin

Dr. Who? More like Doctor J-

I win, you lose. :ajsmug::raritydespair:

2495787 I could use a fresh start, so consider me joined! :pinkiehappy:
Hope to see you there.

The eternal struggle continues...

>>

le parasprite = "k" for that one reply post.

It's also not exactly moral either to twist events into a darker shade of what actually happened when the evidence has been erased.

What you're doing right now is being the "White Knight Troll" and "The Expert Troll" from this little link here. Inflating your ego by attempting to be the role setter in the recent flame wars within the group by putting others like me down who you feel are weaker than you in friends and reputation.

All in all, you're the one trolling me and this group right now, even if it doesn't seem like it to yourself. Please leave me alone and stop.

Make way!

You're throwing around plenty of accusations you can't back up. A troll isn't someone that doesn't know what they're doing. I think that you're just hurt and lashing out against me, and I don't appreciate it.

But you're doing the same thing right now about my own behavior. :unsuresweetie:

As for yours.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

Do we have to rehash the other group's drama here? :unsuresweetie:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 72