Christian Bronies 983 members · 237 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I always find myself stopping mid prayer when someone comes by or my family comes in. When I really mean it I pray out loud and barely do that at all. I make sure nobody is around and I start Talking to God. Why am I afraid to pray in public? Why am I afraid to pray in the presence of my family, who I'm praying for.

Please give me some answers.

Good Luck and Godspeed.
D14

Proper Noun
Group Admin

I think it's habit to stop any sort of intimate activity when others enter, regardless who they may be. And is not personal prayer part of a Christian's own intimate relationship with God? (I realize that for some denominations, it may not be considered so.)

2467901 To me God isn't an omnipotent, he's a Father, a friend.

Proper Noun
Group Admin

I'd think taking that view would make one's relationship with Him even more personal, so previous post still applies. :twilightsmile:

Ah'm the same way, ah pray out loud bot the second that someone comes be ah'm quite, a think maybe its because its something personal, its you and god and when someone comes around it destroys the moment, at-least that's what ah think it is, but ah could be wrong.:applejackunsure:

Praying near people can be an awkward thing to do, or perhaps your relationship with God (And/or the subjects you vocalize) are private and personal.

S'alot of ps'.

Well, I guess you may feel a bit intruded, since praying can be pretty intimate. If that is a worrying thing, you can try to explain that you was praying: sharing what you was doing may give you the will to complete it. :twilightsmile:

You're just embarrassed, and that's a sign of healthy brain age; it's not a bad thing.

It just means you're modest, since prayer is meant to be a personal thing.

“Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray while standing in synagogues and on street corners so that people can see them. Truly I say to you, they have their reward. But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you” (Matthew 6:5-6).

I tend to pray silently.

God is all three.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10