Thirty Minute Ponies 136 members · 57 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Princess Celestia stared at the clock. The second hand ticked and tocked it's way around the dial. Just two more minutes.

"And, as her highness can see from these figures, we have been experiencing steady growth in our mining industry for the last quarter," droned an advisor. Celestia didn't know which one, and if she was honest with herself, couldn't bring herself to care right now.

One minute left.

"We have put forwards a number of proposals on how to spend the upcoming influx of funds, and we would very much like your highness to consider them carefully and with due diligence, especially with regards to..."

The clock ticked over. Princess Celestia stood up.

"I am terribly sorry, my little pony," said Celestia, "But I fear that we have run out of time. Rest assured that I shall take into account all relevant factors when considering the new influx of funds and their ultimate application once I get back."

The spokespony opened and closed his mouth several times.

"But Princess, these are vital to the future of our country!"

Princess Celestia shrugged.

"It's my day off," she said, "the country will still be here when I get back." And with that, Princess Celestia vanished in a burst of light, reappearing in her room.

"Now, I have a whole twenty-four hours to myself," mused Celestia, "what shall I do this time?"

The prompt: The Princess's day off.

This is a thirty minute writing prompt, meaning that you have thirty minutes to finish your story from the time that you start writing. You may take as much time as you like beforehand to think, plan, outline or sacrifice baked goods to the eldritch abomination that is Pinkie Pie, but once the first word is on the page, the time begins. When you're done, post your story to this thread, and in the style of the TMP mods of yore, I will read and give it a comment when I can.

Usually, TMP prompts would have a six to eight hour window for submission, but for these Legacy Prompts, there is no submission deadline. Go ahead and post something a year from now if you want. Bear in mind, however, that chance of getting feedback drops off dramatically after about a week. Good luck!

Also, a great many thanks to KwirkyJ for stepping in and doing last week's prompt when I forgot.

This prompt is awfully similar to the one I had as a backup in case I ran this week instead of picking up as scheduled next week. How neat, now I get to write something for it anyway!

Glad my stepping in didn't cause problems.

Legacy Prompt No.46, Regalia by KwirkyJ

Celestia rolled to the side of her bed, mildly groggy in the pre-dawn morning. The door gave a series of thuds as the guards outside sounded her wakeup call. Followed by the bugles, then the chimes, then the foal's choir. Celestia squinted, pressing a hoof to her muzzle.

"Your highness," came a stallion's voice. "It is time to raise the sun, Your Majesty."

A deep breath, then, "Of course. One moment, please."

Celestia flopped her head back upon the mattress, sending her field in search of the Royal Regalia. She knew it had to be somewhere.

More pounding and another verse seeped through the doorway. Celestia groaned.

"Your Majesty --"

"Yes, yes! Come in already!" Not a particularly regal thing to say, but Celestia was tired, herself dammit. There! The crown floated over towards her as the door opened.

"Your -- Avast!" The unicorn stallion stopped, rolled to the side and readied his spear, his companion close behind him blocking the doorway. "What have you done with the princess, cretin!"

"What?" Celestia gawked.

"Release the crown now, interloper!"

Unthinking, Celestia released her magic and the crown fell to land -- however slightly askew -- atop her brow.

The effect was immediate. The guards shifted, glanced at each other, and bowed deeply.

"I... We... Your Majesty!"

Quickly collecting herself, Princess Celestia rose from the bed and strode towards the two prostrated figures.

"Explain yourself," she insisted.

"I don't know what happened, Your Highness. Forgive us for raising our arms against you."

She scowled, watching them. The panic subsiding, she turned, shifting the crown on her head.

"Halt!" As the crown lifted, so had the spears. "Why do you have the Royal crown, mare?"

"Oh," said Celestia. "Forgive me." She setled the crown back down upon her head. The guards stooped low once again.

Then, Princess Celestia had an idea. Princess Celestia had a wonderful, awful idea.

"Join me on the balcony, lieutenants." The guards hastened to obey, falling into step behind her.

Once in the open air, she lifted the crown once again and hurled it back into her quarters.

"What is the meaning of this," demanded a guard. "Who are you, and what have you done with the princess!"

"Princess Celestia," said Celestia, "has given me use of her quarters this night. I am her cousin Sunny Day, you see. She left during the night to meet with her sister, Princess Luna. It was an honor to know that as I slept, I was safe under guard of Lock and Key."

Lieutenants Second-Class Master Lock and Skeleton Key exchanged a brief glance before looking back up to her alabaster face.

"Now, if you two stallions would be so kind, could you fetch for me a breakfast from the refectory, I would be much obliged."

They left without objection, and the shudder that went down Celestia's spine was electric.

It was going to be a beautiful morning.

Author's note:
I might continue this (with better writing), but I was inspired by how, when she needed a cab in Manehattan, nopony cared at all that Twilight had wings and a horn... so, maybe it's the crown in addition to the wings and horn that matter?

Legacy Prompt No.46, Untitled by KwirkyJ

"Don't take them away again. Promise you won't take them away."

"I promise."

"You cannot understand what it is like. Without them, without their dreams, there is nothing but myself. Nothing but myself, and I am on the moon with only my mind."

"I'm sorry, Luna."

"There is nothing there, and I am so afraid. So dark and cold and alone, not even the stars... I don't want to be alone again."

"I thought it would help you rest."

"I don't want to be alone like that ever again."

"I'm sorry, Luna. I didn't know. I promise. I'm sorry."

Although local sources reported the Royal Presence at the Ponyville spa, Princess McIntosh was unable to be reached for comment.

Authors' Note:
I don't even. It's one sentence, what can you do.

4589856 Clearly, the guards in Equestria are actually from the DC universe. It's the only explanation for why they are fooled by a crown. Or the lack of one, as it may be. Here's hoping that Princess Celestia Sunny Day can have a nice day off. Also, do I spy a Dr. Seuss reference? Nice work!

And while I'm here, 4593022
That is a rather terrifying implication for Luna's banishment. Trapped, alone on the moon, not even able to reach into her subjects dreams, her one major source of comfort and faced with the cold and uncaring emptiness of space, left only with her own mind for company.

Also, 4593058
The real weight of this piece lies in Big Macintosh's rank of Princess. How did he get it? Does he have wings and a horn? and most importantly, what is he doing at the Ponyville Spa, and why do the reporters care about it? Many philosophical questions ran through my mind as I considered this story, the exemplar of the short story in it's brevity and impact. Truly, it is a great work that can produce so many questions within such a limited space. Most excellent, sir.

Legacy Prompt 46: Gift

“Unh,” sighed Princess Celestia as the door to her chambers swung shut. “Just one day to myself… is that too much to ask for?”
It certainly seemed like it. Today, of all days, she should have been permitted to take for herself. After all, if she couldn’t claim the anniversary of her own birth, what day could she take?
And yet, to no avail. The majordomo and the chamberlain had gotten together, the scheming miscreants, and planned a ‘royal celebration’ in honor of the event. Which had included some good parts, Celestia had to admit. The fireworks, for example, had been done well, even their precision arts in creating explosions resembling the royal cutie marks lacking the kind of fawning behavior she had expected. Probably Luna’s touch, that. It didn’t quite make up for the fawning elsewhere, though.
Celestia shrugged. That was all part of the price of being a princess; having to deal not only with enemies within and without, but with ‘allies’ whose only thought was how they could aggrandize themselves from their contact with you. And so it was, thinking on this, that Celestia uttered those words again. “Just one day? Please?”
As the last sigh broke from the princess’s throat, a canary-yellow head popped around the corner of one of the inner doorways. “Your highness? Is everything all right?”
The princess nodded to her lady’s mare. “As much as it ever is, Sundrop. I’ve just had a rather exhausting day.”
Sundrop frowned slightly, her blue eyes softening. “Shall I draw you a bath, then, your highness?”
“I would appreciate it,” Celestia said, glancing around for the reports she’d been reading the night before. “Lots of hot water, please.”
“Of course, your highness. I’ll get right on it.” The lady’s mare bowed, then turned and stepped over into the bathing room. As she did so, Celestia turned toward her desk. She’d taken two steps before a troubling thought hit her, briefly chilling her.
Sundrop’s eyes were amber.

“Your bath is ready, your highness.”
At the call, Celestia looked up. The mare before her still had blue eyes, and Celestia carefully readied a defensive spell. “Thank you,” she said, holding down the suspicion in her voice, “I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.” She moved as though to step forward, then paused as though struck by a thought. “Might I ask you a question?”
“Of course, your highness,” came the imposter’s reply. “I’m here to serve you.”
“Thank you.” With no further warning, Celestia’s telekinetic grasp lifted the imposter, immobilizing her. “Would you please,” she said, calmly but firmly, “tell me what you’ve done with my real maid, and exactly what it is you think you’re playing at here?”
“Your highness?” the imposter said, squirming slightly, “I’m afraid I don’t understand?”
“Oh, I think you do.” Celestia stepped over to stare down her captive. “You’re not Sundrop, although the disguise is very good. That means you’re either a skilled illusionist, and I can only think of a small hoofful of unicorns outside of the royal family who are good enough to qualify, or else you’re a changeling. In neither case do I see this as being a beneficial thing for me. However, I like to think I’m a kind and fair ruler, so I offer you a choice. Explain yourself to me, now, leaving in peace afterwards, or explain yourself to my royal guards from within a cell in the dungeons. Which will it be?”
The imposter gulped, trying to steady herself. “If you would put me down, please?” After Celestia allowed her to take her feet, her head and barrel still kept in the princess’s grip, the imposter bowed to the ground as much as she could. “Your lady’s mare is stretched out on her own bed, your highness, and I promise I did nothing but put her to sleep. As for the rest… may I?”
At Celestia’s cautious nod, the imposter drew a sealed letter out from within a carefully concealed saddlebag. “I believe this will explain,” she said, handing the letter over to Celestia, who broke the seal and began to read it.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I’m sorry I didn’t get the chance to speak with you during the luncheon today; I’d been looking forward to that. Still, given how busy you were, I’m not sure we’d have had the chance to have a proper discussion anyway.
I thought about that for a little while after the event ended, and I came up with an idea for a slightly-belated birthday present, if you’re willing to accept it. I know this is going to sound crazy, but please hear me out. The mare bearing this letter is Bon Bon, a friend of mine from Ponyville. She’s also a changeling, but please don’t hold that against her; she’s more than proven that she’s a loyal Equestrian subject. I’d thought you could, perhaps, coach her in what you’d be doing for the next day or two, then let her take your place while you relax? She says she’ll do so if you’re willing, but that she’ll leave immediately if you disapprove.
If you do accept, we’d enjoy having you visit us down here.

Your Faithful Student,
Twilight Sparkle

Celestia looked at the note, then at the stoic expression of the mare in front of her. “You have a weird sense of humor,” she muttered to the world around her, then turned back to the mare. “Miss… Bon Bon, was it?” At the mare’s nod, Celestia nodded in return. “I hope you have a good memory. We have a great deal of information to cover before the morning.”

The next morning, the sun rose on schedule. About three minutes later, Princess Celestia stepped out of her chambers, nodding to her guards and heading toward the dining room for breakfast. She was clearly Princess Celestia, no one could doubt that, from the tip of her regal horn to the elegant hooves cradled inside golden hoofcups, to the flowing edges of her mane and tail, and a glimmer came to her shimmering blue eyes as she sat down to eat.
Meanwhile, across Canterlot, a young unicorn mare of non-descript form stepped out of the shadows at the train station, her horn still shimmering yellow with the effort of sunrise, and boarded the train for Ponyville.

4594700 And from there after, Bon Bon was the Royal Impersonator. This is a lovely little thing for Twilight to do For Celestia, sending a non-evil changeling to take Princess Celestia's place for a day or two. After all, Celestia doesn't have to be in Canterlot to raise the sun, and she should totally have the chance to celebrate her birthday however she wants to. Nice work!

This one is a little shorter than normal, I just couldn't get into the flow of writing it. That might be apparent in the quality, I'm not sure. Anyway, I liked the prompt. I'll have to work on something to post on Thursday!

"Remember, it's just until tomorrow morning."

Princess Cadance spoke firmly, with a harsh tone under her words that the elegant princess rarely used. Princess Twilight Sparkle stood beside her, no less imposing despite her smaller size.

Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings, fought back her immediate instinct to rebel against being given orders. Not just because she was in a room with two alicorns, a dangerous place for her to be, but also because of the rewards of momentary obedience. "...Of course, Princess. I need this as much as you do."

Cadance frowned, and turned to her sister in law. "Are you sure we can trust her?"

Twilight Sparkle glanced over toward Chrysalis, who was still standing tall, with an imperious bearing and in her natural, black, alien form. "Well... no. But Shining would worry constantly if he knew we were going out to-- well, if he knew about our day off, so this is the best solution I could think of. Besides, she knows she can't get out of that spell."

It was true. Chrysalis' horn lit at the mention of it, but despite knowing the basics of unicorn magic, she couldn't even start to unravel the complex spell around her body. Whatever Twilight's faults were, she was quite an expert in magic at the least. "I can manage the charade for a day. Your precious husband won't even suspect me."

Princess Cadance's eyebrow twitched at the thought of the deception, and of this creature being with her husband all day. But still, she did need some rest, both from the tedium of the Crystal Empire and from her husband's well-meaning worry and fretting over her. "And you won't hurt him?"

"Of course not. Even just a day with Shining Armor will give me enough love for all of my subjects to share for weeks." A smile slowly spread across her lips, and she cast a look over to Cadance, with half-lidded eyes. "And what should I do if your dear, sweet husband wants more from his 'wife'?"

Twilight scrunched up her nose and then stuck out her tongue in disgust. Cadance only scowled, with a look in her eyes that made even Chrysalis step back. After a moment, however, Cadance just sighed and shook her head. "Tell him you have a headache. I don't want you two doing anything like that."

Chrysalis rolled her eyes at the typical pony possessiveness, but then just nodded. It would be easy enough to get plenty of love without resorting to anything like that.

"Honey? Are you alright in there? Also, have you seen Twily anywhere?"

At hearing Shining's voice through the door, Cadance smiled, but Chrysalis only flashed green magic over herself, changing at once into a perfect copy of Princess Cadance. She shot a look over to the other two alicorns, as she spoke in a carefree, pleasant tone. "Just a moment, dear."

Cadance looked longingly toward the door, but then just shook her head and gave one more warning glare toward Chrysalis. Twilight smiled at her sister in law and spoke quietly. "Don't worry, Cadance. We'll have a fun day off, and then everything will be back to normal."

"I hope so, Twilight." Cadance took a step closer to Twilight, and Twilight's horn glowed just a moment, the magical lines of her spell sparking and glowing around Chrysalis' fake pink coat. Satisfied that everything was in order, Twilight lit her horn again and both sisters disappeared in a flash of teleportation magic.

Chrysalis looked into Cadance's mirror, inspecting her deception as Twilight's spell faded around her. In just a moment, nopony in the world could tell she wasn't who she pretended to be. She lit her horn to open the door with her magic, and called out to her temporary husband. "I'm ready, dear. Twilight went home early, she has some kind of friendship problem at home. That does leave tonight open for a date, doesn't it?"

This was bliss.

The evening had gone better than Chrysalis could have predicted. A little more work on her mane and she looked every bit the part of a Princess out on a romantic outing, and Shining Armor only needed a little push to get dressed up as well. After a calming walk through the streets of the Crystal Empire, they had taken in a very well-acted play at a theater and an astoundingly delicious meal cooked free of charge at a nearby restaurant. If there was anything that ponies did better than changelings, it was cooking.

Shining Armor seemed the perfect husband. Chrysalis had only known him briefly before, but over the year or so of marriage, he had matured into a well-behaved and courteous stallion. They had spent the evening in pleasant conversation, with Shining describing his work over the course of the day, and his visit with Twilight while she had been in town. Chrysalis was more than adept at deception, and had managed her way through the conversation deflecting questions she didn't have the answers for, and prodding the stallion to talk more about himself.

Not to mention drinking in the love from him.

She had agreed to this little game with Cadance and Twilight for a few reasons. Firstly, amnesty for the changelings, or at least in a partial sense. Secondly, she had hoped to find a few open positions here and there in the palace that she could secretly fill with changeling agents. Third, she supposed, was the admittedly delicious and abundant love this couple shared. It was still beyond anything she had found anywhere else, and made her almost want to test Twilight's spell against her quickly increasing power.

But now was not the time for that. In fact, back in the bedroom she was to share with Shining Armor tonight, with his hooves pressing in a soothing massage along her back, all thoughts of revenge and plotting for future power faded. He had taken the news of her 'headache' with no resentment or disappointment at all. Instead, he had merely offered a massage to help clear away the stress of her Princesshood. Wrapped in her new magical body, with her husband's loving attentions working perfectly over her pony body and wing muscles, she could only think that Shining must have a tremendous amount of practice with this.

But even that thought was quickly chased away by the practiced and expert massage, and Chrysalis let herself sink down against the royal bed in absolute, perfect relaxation.

Though it hurt her pride, she had to admit that she was hoping that the Princess might need a few more days off. A queen could get used to this sort of treatment.

4603736 I was hoping for a story about either Cadence or Twilight, and we get the second changeling impersonation story of this prompt. Though I must admit, it doesn't seem to quite fit the prompt, as the story is less about Cadence and Twilight's day off, and more about Queen Chrysalis's day impersonating Cadence. Still, it's a nice little story all in all. Maybe if Chrysalis gets her act together and manages to not be evil all the time, then she'll get more days like this with Shining Armor.

Maybe it's a bit about the Queen's day off? Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Ah well, win some and lose some.

I wanted to write something I felt better about. I think this one is at least a bit stronger than the previous, even if it's just... sort of nothing happens. Anyway, here's number two for this week.

"So, from now until I return, tomorrow morning, you officially speak with the full authority of Princess Twilight Sparkle. Even though it shouldn't really matter."

Princess Twilight Sparkle smiled at Mayor Mare as Spike formally wrote up the notice. It hardly made a difference, Twilight didn't have much more authority in Ponyville than the mayor did, but it was important to leave what power she did have in capable hooves while she was gone. After just a few more moments of chatting, Twilight waved goodbye, and left her castle behind. The clang of the heavy door shutting behind her was nice, in a way.

"Being a princess is harder than I thought, Spike! I'm glad that I'm finally getting a day off of work!" Twilight smiled down at her assistant and best friend as they walked through Ponyville, toward the train station.

Spike grinned up at her, making light work of the small overnight suitcase with only the bare essentials packed away. "It sure seems like it! You know Twilight, a lot of ponies think we're going somewhere crazy for your vacation. Shouldn't we let them know it's just--"

"Shh!" Twilight blushed slightly at herself, and folded her ears back apologetically. "Sorry, Spike. But I don't want anypony else to know! That's part of being on vacation, I don't want ponies following me around everywhere."

At first, the attention she had drawn by becoming an alicorn princess had been exciting and flattering. Twilight had never really been an overly arrogant or proud pony, however, and the praise and adoration of... well, of her subjects, she supposed, was just getting to be embarrassing at this point. She knew that everypony was theorizing just what was drawing her away from Ponyville for the day, but thankfully only her closest friends even knew.

Not that it was a big secret, or even that important really. That was the point!

Still, in Ponyville, she was Princess Twilight Sparkle. So when she boarded the train to Canterlot, she was granted the nicest train car, private for her and Spike. Spike hardly seemed to mind, especially when he saw the complimentary bowl of gemstones provided by the rail company. Aside from listening to the baby dragon munching and crunching on gemstones, the train ride to Canterlot was nice and quiet. Twilight smiled when she finally saw the white, anicent walls and buildings of Canterlot outside the train windows. Even if Ponyville was now her home, she often missed the city she had grown up in.

Princess Twilight Sparkle stepped over to a full-length mirror that was bolted to one of the walls. Her horn glowed, and she stuck out her tongue a bit in concentration. In a flash of light, Princess Twilight Sparkle was gone, replaced by a rather nondescript gray unicorn mare, with a darker gray mane. Even her cutie mark had changed!

As Twilight left the train car and trotted lightly through Canterlot, she felt strangely elated. Nopony was even giving her a second glance. Spike was still following alongside her, but he was much less famous. It was a little weird now to be so invisible, but it was just perfect for today.

Canterlot Public Library rose up in front of her as she approached, and Twilight slipped wordlessly past the other ponies that were walking to and from the building. Inside was quiet, as always, and Twilight smiled as she breathed deeply, taking in the scent of old paper and the calm, pleasant atmosphere.

She quickly found that she still knew her way around the library, and in just a few moments she had found the appropriate book. She gathered one or two others, and then made her way to sit down next to the cream-colored unicorn mare, sitting alone next to a pile of historical texts. Moondancer barely looked up as Twilight walked closer, a look of slight irritation on her face at the idea of being interrupted by a stranger.

Twilight Sparkle knew that look, she'd worn it often enough... even after coming to Ponyville.

Twilight sat down at the table, and slid the copy of 'Haycartes' Correspondance' over toward Moondancer. The other pony glanced at the title, hestitated, and then looked up at Twilight's face. After a moment, she smiled and flicked her tail to brush at Twilight's flank. She spoke with a quiet whisper. "Wow, I had no idea you could disguise yourself that well."

With a giggle, Twilight nodded, and then opened her own text. The two ponies settled down into their own works. There wasn't any need to talk, and that's not really what Twilight was here for anyway. In just a few moments, the world outside faded away, and Twilight was lost in her books. The next few hours passed in a pleasant blur, reading, cross-referencing, and exploring the shelves of the library for more information... it was relaxing in a way that Twilight hadn't had time for in ages.

Eventually, some nearby school class had come to visit the library, and the pleasant quiet had gone a little sour. Moondancer lead the way for Twilight as they left the library, and they walked together toward Canterlot Castle. Moondancer spoke happily about Twilight's old friends in Canterlot, and just what they had all been doing in the month since Twilight's first visit. Twilight laughed along with Moondancer as she recounted the stories, and they were both smiling as they walked into Twilight's old home in Canterlot.

Twilight could finally drop the illusion, and the two ponies relaxed together next to the little heater upstairs, as they continued their quiet reading. Twilight Sparkle found her old Daring Do books on one of the shelves, and soon was lost in the tropical jungles and blistering deserts that Daring often traveled through.

Reading gave way to hunger, and after Spike came back from fetching dinner, the trio of friends shared a quiet meal together. Learning Haycartes' techniques took up most of the evening, and Twilight found herself loving every moment of teaching such an enthusiastic and intelligent student. She couldn't quite help wondering if this was how Princess Celestia had felt, a few years ago.

Princess Twilight Sparkle waved her hoof to Moondancer as the train pulled away from Canterlot Station. As the city faded from sight around a turn in the tracks, she settled down on the overly plush royal car cushion, and tried her best to ignore Spike greedily eating more gems. When she got back to the castle, she was certain she'd have a long list of ponies asking for advice, and maybe some ponies trying to sneakily find out what exotic location she had visited for her vacation, or what exciting things she had done there.

But for now, she just looked down at the photograph Spike had taken, of her and Moondancer asleep with their faces on a book, and Twilight's messy, unpreened wing stretched over Moondancer's back like a blanket. Twilight smiled.

Sometimes the best vacations were the ones that had the least excitement.

4607746 This is a nice little aftermath to Amending Fences, with Twilight and Moondancer catching up, and Twilight making good on her promise to teach Moondancer. Not much may happen in this, but sometimes that's exactly what you want from a vacation. Nice work!

That is a rather terrifying implication for Luna's banishment. Trapped, alone on the moon, not even able to reach into her subjects dreams, her one major source of comfort and faced with the cold and uncaring emptiness of space, left only with her own mind for company.

I'd like to take a few words to respond to this, as it seems you overlooked a few details… this isn't about Luna during her banishment (though I suppose that fits somewhat as well). This is post-return, about Celestia misunderstanding Luna's task of watching over dreams, and giving her a break. I thought it would help you rest. She was projecting the wearisome task of her court onto Luna's responsibilities and released her from the duty without recognizing what it meant.

Naturally, Luna is using this task to escape her own demons (which either comes to head with—or is a continuation of—dealing with the Tantibus (sic)). When Celestia then enacts the 'night of rest,' Luna is forced to face herself. 'I am on the moon' is not meant in the literal sense… it is connecting the situation with the horror that was her time on the moon.

This scene takes place the following morning, when they finally wake.

No, it's not a happy work.

(Glad you could appreciate the McIntosh piece.)

Here's mine.

The Princess’s Day Off

Celestia stared at the tock just waiting for it to finally count down to the very last minute. Come on, she thought to herself, I’m bored just sitting here listening to these royal official matters, I just want some time for myself, please!!! That’s all that I’m asking for right now, can’t you just give me that oh cold cruel time?

But the clock didn’t answer her of course and she still had to listen even though at this point she didn’t really care anymore. “…So, you see princess that’s how we can make our whole entire workforce more productive at rock mining because while rock mining may be a very undervalued industry it’s still a very important one!!!” the pony said finally finishing up, but she didn’t really care or listen to him and instead stared at the clock s it finally counted down its last minute.

Three, two, one…

“Thank you, but I’m afraid that’s all the time that I have for you today.”
“But princess!!! I haven’t even gotten to how we can-,”
“I’m afraid I don’t have any more time for you, so please leave me right now or else I must and will force you to leave,” she said glancing down very angrily at him. “Okay, fine, alright then, have it your way,” he said leaving her now then.
And with that said he left making sure to slam the doors shut behind him.
But Celestia didn’t care as she slowly smiled to herself.
Finally, a full twenty-four hours just to relax, have fun, and spend time actually enjoying the day by herself, and because she was the princess she could literally do whatever she wanted or wished to instead. But who was to say that she had to spend it all alone? After all, some of the very best times that she had were with her sister. Smiling she slowly crept into Luna’s room, went around to one side of the bed, and raised her head up and then decided to talk.
“Luna, do you want to go outside and build a snowman?” she said.
Suddenly Luna very slowly got up and was awake as she groaned.
“Tia, it’s not even winter time yet,” she said.
Celestia giggled. “Yes, I know, but I can make it winter time for you.”
Luna smiled, “Well then, in that case, yes, I do want to build a snowman.”
And with that said they both smiled as they went out of the room and castle and ordered the weather ponies to make snow even though it was the middle of summer. They did so even with just a few small tiny little questions, and they had just enough time to build a snowman before it slowly melted away.
“Well, that was done fast, now what shall we do next?”
“I was thinking that we could go over to the spa,” Celestia said.
Luna’s eyes lit up as she smiled, “I would simply just love that sister.”
And with that said they went over to the spa and got the very best treatment ever, perfectly fit for a princess, or rather two of them instead.
“Oh my,” Luna said groaning with pleasure, “This is just simply perfect.”
Celestia smiled and giggled, “I know, right? And want to know the best part about this? I can finally get the chance and opportunity to spend the whole entire day with you!!! I mean just think about that, you and me together for a full day doing whatever we wanted without any kind or sort of interruption whatsoever!!!”
Luna smiled, “I just simply love the idea of that, but perhaps maybe we should set aside more time and days so that we could do that more often.”
Celestia smiled, “I like the way that you think, sister, and I’m sure that it can be arranged, but for now let’s just enjoy the day that we have, shall we?”
Luna smiled, “Yes, let’s.”

And with that said they enjoyed the rest of the day all alone completely uninterrupted as they then went to the park and had lunch and snacks, went to the zoo and had even more food and snacks, and then ended the day with a very simple meal at their local city and not something elegant and grand which that food had become quite boring now that they had it every single day.

And when the day was finally over Celestia sighed as she waved her sister goodbye, she enjoyed today, and she would probably hate tomorrow, and she wanted and hoped that she could do this again sometime very soon.

But for now, at least she still had today.

(Note: This is part of this collection: Thirty Minute Prompts)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15