Love and Tolerate 813 members · 6,295 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
funkyferret
Group Admin

A list of those willing to help folks with their writing. Included will be when each individual is available as well as their favorite topics and specialties. When you find someone you like, simply send them a private message or post on their user page with an inquiry and some information on your story. PLEASE DO NOT POST INQUIRES ON THIS THREAD, THEY WILL BE DELETED.

Editors/Proofreaders: Those willing to help with spelling, grammar, pacing, etc.
Reviewers: Those who will look over your story as a whole and offer their opinions on the plot, characters, and concepts.

If you are looking to become a reviewer, please contact Funkyferret. Reviewers should do their best to offer gentle assistance. Do not insult the writer. You also must respond to any and all requests, even if your answer is a simple "no".

Furion
Group Contributor

Role: Editor/Prereader

Right then! I guess I'll go first: I'm Furion and I'm willing to proofread for any aspiring authors in the group. When requesting a preview from me you can expect two things: Honesty and Kindness. I'll always be sure to provide assistance in a fair and gentle manner. I'll help perfect spelling and grammar and offer you tips where necessary to improve your writing. I'm available most weekdays, and only every other weekend do I have any outstanding business to interfere. Naturally I may not always be able to respond immediately to a message, but I'll always make sure to read any requests. As for what I'm interested in editing I'm fairly open minded. The only particular topics I won't read are foalcon (under-aged sex), rape fics, or grimdarks. I'd recommend asking another editor in regard to these particular topics. This isn't to say, however, that I won't read mature fics. If you'd like my assistance, follow the directions above and simply send me a private message or post on my user page. Use the same methods if you have any specific questions regarding my assistance. Auf wiedersehen!

Midnight_Arc
Group Contributor

I can only help with grammar, so I guess if anyone needs a quick spell check from an actual person, I'll try to help as best as I can.

Monday-Thursday: 4:00 pm-10:00 pm
Friday: 4:00 pm-12:00 am
Saturday: 10:00 am-12:00 am
Sunday: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm

I will work with anything you want me too, because what you like is your thing.

funkyferret
Group Admin

Job: Reviewer

Preferences: I don't do clop or dark. I have a censor bar in my head when it comes to clop, and I scare easily.

Availability: Monday to Friday only in the afternoon. All day on weekends.

Notes: I've found that I'm not that good at editing, but I can offer you my honest opinion on the story presented to me. I tend to comment on things that stuck out to me in each chapter as I read, and then at the end add an extra comment with "the good, the bad, and the ugly" where I look as the story as a whole and point out my favorite parts, the parts I don't like, and any aspects that may turn off casual readers.

Whisper The Saint
Group Admin

Job: Reviewer

Preferences: I will only review lighthearted stories made in the show spirit (rated E). I will also refrain from shipping, but friend-shipping stories are always welcome.

Availability: Send me a message whenever you like. The only moment I am not on is when I am sleeping. :derpytongue2:

Notes: Even through I put myself as a reviewer, I can do some editing. However keep in mind that I am only going to fix basic grammar, mostly because English is not my main language and I don't really know all the grammatical rules of it.

I will put a comment at the end of each chapter, sharing some of my thoughts about it. I will also bring up plot points if they seem to be incomplete, out of place or conflicting.

Shadowwk
Group Contributor

Job: Editor/Proof-reader

Right-o. I'm better with grammar and mechanics than telling you if the story was good so ill leave the reviewing to others. I can review but its not my strong suit. My schedule is a might crazy but if you PM me the work to look over I will have a reply back to you within 24 hours; Pinkie Promise. :pinkiehappy:

I will always do my best to be kind and supportive but I was raised with a health dose of sarcasm so I apologize in advance but please understand that it has been hardwired into my brain for 22 years now. Sides, its like my family says; If I didn't pick on you, you might think I didn't care.

Also I will review anything; clop, grim, lighthearted, anything.
Cheers!

Intercollision
Group Contributor

Job: Editor
I'm happy to help edit/preread stories, this includes grammar and syntax, voice and flow, and analysis of plot to make sure things make sense; i.e. if something comes out of nowhere and makes no sense, I'll flag it. My schedule is pretty tight, but PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

I will not review clop/grim/gore, otherwise, bring it on!

880447 it say on the front page to put stories to be reviewed in a certain folder and the. Post in the help thread.
I don't see it. I suggest you make the thread and then sticky it at the top to smooth things out.

880670 It's not rated E but it's mostly lighthearted. No rush on review
A Lovely Mare

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9