Love and Tolerate 819 members · 6,324 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

No matter what I say or what I do, someone manages to find fault in it. I only want to help, but I'm not very good with words, I'll admit that, but somehow, the worst of faults can be pulled out from it. I only want to help, and all I do is rustle jimmies. Is it me? Is it the eyes of the beholders? Is it that my Autism keeps me from seeing what it is I'm doing wrong? Or do some users have a vendetta against me?

Or do some users have a vendetta against me?

That's pretty unlikely. It's also not that likely that you're doing much that's all that wrong, either. What from your point of view looks like somebody who hates you because they're slamming on what you've said can, from their point of view, be an idle comment that they thought about for two seconds and wouldn't even remember if you asked them about it tomorrow, left with no particular rancor, but just because the thought crossed their mind. People aren't generally very good at telling what's important from somebody else's point of view, so they may have no way of knowing that they've trampled on your feelings.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/07/14/the-illusion-of-transparency/ <--you might find this to be an interesting read. This happens online as well as in person. People think that other people know how they feel when they post things, but other people generally don't!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2