Megaman Fanbase 193 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Classic isn't the only Mega Man out there, so let's spark some discussions on the Battle Network series.

Long story short, my computer's internet was acting up for a few weeks, and I played way to much Battle Network, during that time I got to thinking of the mane 6 in that universe, so allow me to tell you all what I came up with.

Twilight: A Professional netbattler under the training of former ace Celestia.

Spike.EXE: Twilight's Navi, coded by herself Spike is a fire based navi designed after a dragon. He doesn't look like much (more so looking and acting as an assistant) but in battle he can be an amazing fighter.

Apple Jack: I haven't got any real ideas for her, other then being one of the best NetBattlers, basically think Dex to Twilight's Lan.

BigMac.EXE: Apple Jack's navi, a large navi of few words he can brawl with the best of them.

Pinkie Pie: She's a bit out there, though there's always an air about her... doesn't help that there's a rumor going around that her mother was a member of WWW (either Madd or Yuika, nobody can agree).

Surprise.EXE: You would be hard pressed to find a navi with a more apt name then Surprise. She's always going around having fun and just being random, huge tip by the way never remove the humor program from her Cust... Just trust me.

Rarity: Makes codes for Style Change programs, and NaviCust parts.

Crystal.EXE: A lovely navi that helps Rarity out with her programs. (Based on Crystal Man in the same way Ring.EXE was Ring Man).

Rainbow Dash: Still not sure how to really do her, other than her competitive attitude...

Firefly.EXE: Speedy and courageous, you would be hard pressed to find a quicker or brasher navi on the net, this is something herself and her Net-op take pride in. (Thanks to 4161575 for the suggestion).

Celestia: A former professional netbattler, though she hasn't done anything since she lost her navi.

Luna.EXE: Celestia's navi, something went wrong years ago and Celestia lost Luna, though there's recently been rumors of a similar looking, though much darker navi roaming the net.

Anyway, that's what I got, feel free to critique, or make suggestions, throw in background characters or even OC's, point is let's have some fun.

(Still need Fluttershy, thinking her navi is wood element, and able to convert viruses, but even that not sure.)

4161534 For Rainbow Dash: Firefly.EXE

4161534 Fluttershy could be the Chaud conterpart, with Rainbow being her Navi.

I shall work on that.

Naw, I think the ponies should be the net-ops. You know, so there's six of them and everything just evens out like normal.

I mean, otherwise events would just not work out the same, there would only be five elements, and such.

Also, I really liked the idea of Rainbow still just having a revelry with AJ, always trying to compete against her in one way or another.

This sounds like it could be interesting. I'd love to see what kinds of stories will come as a result of this.

I haven't played the Battle Network series, but I do know of a great deal of that universe, so I could still enjoy it anyway. Anyway, good luck on this, and I hope to read something about it again in the future.

I love Battle Network, it was my first Mega Man series.

Mostly, if I did this I thought re-telling events of the series in the universe.

Things like finding the harmony programs to restore Luna, everyone's crest being swapped making them think they have a different net-op, Pinkie removing Surprise's humor cust after a disaster party (long story short, not a pretty sight).

CMC: All lack navis and seek to find "The Perfect Navis for them"

Actually I was thinking Sol Titanion.exe could be Fluttershy's navi

Hmm... I think it would work better if the Navi's are more like pets... I mean, in the anime at least the devices they used were called P.E.T.s.
Maybe call them Pet-Navi's for Personal Electronic Terminal Navigator. In the digital environment, the ponies have their avatar appear, though it's mostly there for them to navigate. All of the actual battling and alot of the action is performed by their Pet-Navi.

So, let's see here:

Twilight Sparkle:
An apprentice Pet-Navi researcher and programmer who was tutored under Celestia. She's an excellent programmer but Celestia has concerns that she is more comfortable with computers and AI than she is with other ponies. So, Celestia orders her to make some friends.

Owlowiscious.exe (sometimes called Owly by anyone not Twilight):
Twilight's Pet-Navi who acts like an advanced search and scanning algorithm. Owly can quickly fly through the net, avoiding virus battles while searching for the specific bits of data Twilight may need.

Rarity:
Dressmaker, small-business owner, and always looking to see the latest news (or gossip) about the Canterlot elite or latest fashion trends. Rarity loves making connections and showing her generosity, but still knows she has to monitor her finances.

Opalescence.exe (or just Opal):
Rarity's feline Pet-Navi. Opal has a built-in database allowing her to quickly determine something's value and history. She can also scan for anything out of place, particularly nasty viruses, spyware, or any signs of corruption or files being out of place. Opal regularly keeps Rarity's computer in tip-top shape and is always polite to newcomers... unless they cause disruptions in which case Opal will happily whip out the claws and start busting some viruses.

Applejack:
A farmer in Sweet Apple Acres. Her farm has been updated with some high-tech systems, mainly a security system to keep an eye out for varmits or tresspassers and a high-end apple sorting machine that ensures only quality apples get sold.

Winona.exe:
A standard and reliable dog type Pet-Navi. Winona always enjoys a good virus busting and regularly monitors to Farm's security system and apple-sorter for signs or tampering or disruption.

Pinkie Pie:
Ponyville's Premier Party Pony, Pinkie Pie enjoys posting online, sharing how her day went (always awesome!) and posting pictures of herself with her pony friends.

Gummy.exe:
Kind of primitive as far as Pet-Navis go, Gummy is slow to react to anything that doesn't actively threaten Pinkie. Even so, Gummy has a notorious reputation in Pet-Navi battles, on his own Gummy simply doesn't respond to intimidation and his default attacks barely do any damage. However, Pinkie has a wide assortment of battle chips she can send him which can really catch her opponent off-guard. Gummy doesn't so much use battle chips as Pinkie shoves them into him and the chips go off automatically. Also... Pinkie's Personal Electronic Terminal is a real mess... it's practically crawling with viruses! Fortunately, Pinkie never uses her P.E.T. for any important financial stuff (she just uses it as a game console to play with Gummy, really.) and in a Pet-Battle the viruses can pop into the battlefield and more or less fight at Gummy's side.

Some ponies suspect that Pinkie might be programming or re-purposing viruses of her own. There have been alot of oddly-behaving viruses running around the net lately, some of them carrying invitations to a Pinkie Party.

Rainbow Dash:
The fastest flier in Equestria and wanting to be the best Pet-Battler around. Well, she does like competing in things and Pet-Battles are just one more way to let her show her stuff. She uses her P.E.T. to remember her schedule and keep her on track with her responsibilities.

Tank.exe:
In Pet-Battles, alot of ponies go for lightning-fast strikes to down their opponents quickly, a strategy that is excellent for clearing most viruses. Ranbow Dash does not take that approach, she takes the opposite. Tank may not the fastest Pet-Navi around, but he's certainly one of the toughest. Tank is heavily armored and makes use of shield battle chips to protect himself from damage while he gets the right tool for the job. Tank has high HP, high armor, and can shrug off or outright ignore attacks that would send most other Pet-Navi's flying. In a one-on-one battle, Tank isn't particularly special, only winning about six out of ten battles he's in. However, in team battles Tank can greatly increase his team's chance of winning by soaking up hits and protecting his team mates.

Fluttershy:
A shy pony who spends quite a bit of time using her Personal Terminal to browse the net, read, or write stories. Some of the things she get's up to might seem a little weird to those who know her in real life, but there is very little actual evidence of these activities if they exist at all. She also keeps a collection of neutralized viruses to study and modify, finding easy ways to neutralize them and understand them. To FLuttershy, it doesn't matter if someone is a Pet, a pony, or a virus, they all have their wants and needs and should treat others with respect.

Angel.exe:
This tiny Pet-Navi is surprisingly smart for his size and even more cunning than he lets on. Angel has a supply of viral-neutralizing programs at his disposal that can quickly take out viruses that he and Fluttershy have encountered before and weaken viruses that are related to them. Angel can also capture viruses for study and even deploy 'tamed' viruses to fight his foes in battle.

In Pet-Battles, Angel will fight as dirty as he has to in order to win. Often releasing viruses into the battlefield to distract his enemies, hiding himself, or hitting his opponent with disruptive programs when they least suspect it. He's much better at fighting viruses than he is at fighting other Pet-Navi's.

Celestia:
One of the ponies responsible for creating the Equestrian internet, Celestia runs a school dedicated to learning about programming and the potential the internet can bring. She does get a bit exasperated at the things the internet gets used for, however.

Philomena.exe:
Celestia's Pet-Navi, one of the first Pet-Navi's made and repeatedly upgraded and recompiled. Philomena was finally encoded with the power to regenerate herself from any amount of damage. If destroyed, she will simply recompile herself from her scattered data. Each incarnation of Philomena is slightly different from the last, usually incorporating automatic upgrades based on what she encountered before.

Luna:
Celestia's sister and co-creator of the Equestrian Internet. When it was first created, she loved how her little ponies enjoyed it and used it to better themselves. Then, when they started seeing viruses appear along with hackers, spies, and act of sabotage or vandalism, Luna got... noticably upset. She has since calmed down and helps Celestia out.

Nightmare.mon:
A nightmarish monster of digital data, technically neither a Pet-Navi or a virus. Nightmare was created by Luna in response to the numerous attacks on the Equestrian Internet along with the viruses, hacking, and... disrespectful content that appeared over time. Nightmare was designed to operate independently without a pony controller to slow it down and with the ability to rapidly modify its own code to counter any threat.

Nightmare.mon was certainly able to counter the threats of it's time, and even grew stronger by absorbing the data of it's enemies. However, it grew too powerful and it took both Celestia and Luna to find a way to stop it. Eventually, Nightmare.mon was deleted... but it had hidden fragments of itself away where it could restore itself eventually. Celestia and Luna eventually agreed that Nightmare could never be truly destroyed... but it could be modified in such a way as to make it no longer a threat to the Internet.

Alternately, the story takes place in something like the Equestria Girl's universe where the cast are all humans and their Net-Navis ponies.

That sounds pretty good to me. It would be interesting to see all those events again with a Battle Network twist to it.

In that case, I would like to see how you would incorporate the CMC into something like this and how you would depict them.

My Interpretation on the matter is that. These mysterious one day mysterious areas of high thermal energy start appearing. Eventually these areas tend themselves to portals called Fossa Ambience ( Rockman EXE beast). It is canon with in Rockman exe beast that these portals are caused from a Beyondard, or parallel world. "ruined by a Dimensional Area accident caused by that world's Dr. Wily." One such world contains Trill- A Baby Navi known to have saved that world. For more detailed spoilers ( http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Trill ). If I were to produce such a fic I'd have it focused from the Equestria Girls world. A means of how the Fossa Ambience returned could have resulted from Fallen Twilight er "Midnight Sparkle"

I'd see it more as a quest to help reunite Trill and Rockman. I could picture that Trill saying he'd be strong would not have worked out well. It'd probably begin with Pinkie Pie interacting with him. I'd also picture several Sci-Twi trying to understand this "Fossa Ambience" and Yet I with MLP and all it's nods to the 'monsters'*: e.g. Cerberus(Kerberos), Demon Sunset, Hydra. Sirens Windigo etc. I could also see them becoming an issue after Megaman and Trill have their reunited moment. After all Meiru-chan once said "His(Rockman's) fear of Ghosts and Monsters*[sic] isn't his best trait" (Rockman EXE Beast Episode 4). It is also a possiblity that the Shin Megami Tensei series could be involved in said Cross-over; however, going to edgy is what makes this problematic.

Three reasons for this are that there are at least hints of the end of everything (apocalypse) is laid throughout the each world. reason 2 is that multiple of these creatures have seemed to spot up. I remember that there was a hint of Wendigo in battle network. Petrification virus akin to Cockatrice were in the anime. and the third reason is the hint towards "hell" in all three Cerberus who in some interpretations is the guard dog of hell (tartarus). The undernet could be considered a potential link to that place. Obviously from Shin Megami Tensei the quote "Plummet into the bowels of Hell, burning in it's unending flames"(YHWH)

*demons

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10