Megaman Fanbase 193 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I don't mean getting the weapon, I don't care if the data is scanned, some chip needs to be inserted or whatever.

I mean, how does the buster change its internal workings to go from being a plasma canon to whatever?

I don't know, just something I thought it would be fun to discuss.

So, what are opinions on the buster's internal workings being able to change into a completely different weapon on the fly?

4126987 Well, in the Ruby Spears cartoon, the instant Mega Man obtained a robot master's power up it would automatically replace his buster once he'd finished downloading the weapon data. Chances are it works somewhat similar to that, except it's probably voice commanded in the games and pressing a button on a controller is the equivalent of Mega Man telling the computer inside him what weapon to switch to.

Yeah, it also works similarly in the Archie comic book series: In there, Mega Man has a device called a Copy Chip that does the actual weapon-copying, and a Variable Tool System that lets his buster adapt to the weapons that he recieves (at least, that's how I percieve it, and I explain it as such in my story series).

I must admit, it is pretty enjoyable to attempt to explain how a mechanic in a vidoe game could possibly work in a more real-life scenario, especially when it's never actually been explained how it would work (in other words, anything goes in terms of a hypothesis).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3