Doctor Whooves 1,806 members · 553 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I thought I'd mention this being announced because it sounds really interesting...

Big Finish is bringing back the Doctor Who Unbound series with a new mini-series in what sounds like a rather interesting alternate universe. In Genesis of the Daleks, the 4th doctor decided he did have the right to wipe out the Daleks, and kickstarted the time war.

And the War Doctor in this timeline is the 6th Doctor. Which sounds fascinating. I'm curious how Colin Baker is going to play this.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-of-war-rewrites-history

Colin Baker stars as an unexpected incarnation of the War Doctor – the Warrior. As he encounters familiar faces from his past, and future – Romana (Rebecca Night), the Master (Geoffrey Beevers), and Peri (Nicola Bryant) – this newly battle-ready Time Lord faces new challenges never seen before.

A different actor for Romana sounds interesting, assuming she's portraying a different or alternate regeneration.

Times have changed. A choice was made and the universe diverged. And now all of history is at war.

One man stands at the centre of it all. But whose side is he on? Is he with the angels? Or the demons? And does anyone even know which is which?

He was a Doctor once, but now he is Doctor no more. He is the Warrior. The Doctor of War.

The Doctor of War - Genesis comes out in April 2022 and has these three stories in it:

Dust Devil by John Dorney

The TARDIS crew are on the run, pursued by an unstoppable force. But who is hunting them? And why? Will they find the answers on Aridius? Or just more questions?

Aftershocks by Lou Morgan

The ripples are spreading out. The Warrior is on trial. Or is he? No-one’s willing to tell him his crime so how can he know if he’s guilty? And who is trying him anyway?

The Difference Office by James Kettle

The Warrior is President of the Time Lords… and suffering from visions. Is he the right man to combat an invasion? Because there’s someone out there in the wilderness of Gallifrey. Someone with the Warrior’s face. And he’s heading for the Capitol.

In Sep 2022, Doctor of War 2 - Destiny comes out. No real info on that.

Feels like something I should check out, anyways, and I figured I'd share it with anyone that missed the announcement...

--Sweetie Belle

Very interesting.

Speaking of the War Doctor, there is a story written by RTD where Eight was the one to end the Time War:

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_and_the_Time_War_(short_story)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2