Ponies in the Real World 1,686 members · 1,107 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

If the main 6 where on earth for the rest of there lives who would try meat first

Twilight. For science, and to prove her objectivity and "when in Rome" credentials.

I'd put my money on Fluttershy. She's got the most experience handling it, anyways, and is probably the least likely to be freaked out by it (remember, she's held fish in her mouth before). RD would be the other likely one; since she's presumably seen Gilda eat it.

AJ might on a dare from RD. Twilight might just as an experiment. Rarity probably wouldn't, unless she felt it was socially necessary. And who knows what Pinkie might do.

Pinkie but she probably wouldn't know what the hell she was eating. :pinkiehappy:

Hm, good question. I'll go through the options one-by-one:

I'll start off with Fluttershy. She has to feed carnivorous and omnivorous animals every day back in Equestria and is most likely to be accepting of the "Humans eat meat" thing. On the other hand, I can't see her trying it because, well, she speaks to animals. Kinda hard to justify eating something that doesn't want to be eaten :fluttercry:

Next is Rarity, as she's pretty easy to understand. I can see her trying it if it helps her "fit in", but at the same time I bet she'd refuse to because it sounds "barbaric". Maybe if it was high-class cuisine, but otherwise I doubt it.

As for Twilight, I could see her trying it as an "experiment" as suggested by Balthasar999 and Admiral Biscuit above, but if she did it would be hesitantly and only after someone else tried it out. I imagine she'd freak out if she ate it by accident :twilightoops:

Rainbow Dash went to flight school with Gilda. Griffons are half-eagle, half-lion, and I can't imagine a hybrid species made from two top-of-the-food-chain predators would go without meat for long (and even if they wouldn't serve meat in Equestria she'd probably sneak some in). I bet RD has come to terms with it already, but I don't know if she'd try it or not. I can see her trying it though, so I'd say she's likely to.

Pinkie Pie has never had meat before, and I can't imagine her ingesting anything other than sugar or baked goods anyway. I know she had a "Hot-Dog-Eating Contest" line in Fall Weather Friends, but according to the comics they were vegetarian hot dogs and thus don't count. Nevertheless, it's impossible to predict her, so why not?

As for AJ, I have no idea. My gut tells me she would find the idea abhorrent, but I can't think of a legitimate reason why beyond the generic ones that apply to everypony in Equestria. I don't think she'd do it on a dare either.

So, in the end, I bet RD would try it first and Twilight would try it second out of the six. I doubt Fluttershy would ever consider it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7