Ponies in the Real World 1,686 members · 1,107 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Hi, how's it going?:twilightsmile:
Anyways, does anyone know how Canada's Prime minister gets into office and how long they stay there?
I'm currently writing a story that somewhat references the country, so it would be nice to know a little more on the country before I continue.
Second (and this is for a future story), can the President and Vice President of the US be in one place at the same time?

I believe the prime minister stays in office until he's ousted by a vote of no-confidence, and then a replacement is elected.

I'd imagine that this question could be answered by Wikipedia, unless you're looking for something very specific about Canadien politics.

For your first question: Prime Ministers are simply the presidents of their parties, so they become elevated when their party holds a majority inside Parliament. They therefore lose the seat by their party electing a new president, or by their party losing the majority inside the Parliament. The motion of no confidence is on the table, but unlikely to ever be seen played before the Prime minister would voluntarily offer his resignation.

Number 2: they can, but the Secret Service doesn't like them even being in the same city, due to the possibility of a nuke blowing beneath them and the States suddenly having nobody to order nukes out of their silos.

I should've told you this before, but, thank you for your responses.:twilightsmile:

To answer your second one: The secret service doesn't like it but it does happen

Oh, and thank you, too. I'm sorry I didn't mention that before.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7