Austraeoh 773 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 89 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 89
Pilate
Group Admin

Edit:
We started a text-based skype chat. It is still active. I know Skype is a pain in the ass, but you can see that C2 really was smitten with the idea.

I see new users joining the group, so a quick bump to say that this invite remains open to all. I'm pilot3033 on skype, just mention something about flying east in your contact request.

Original Post:

8:47 PM - Csquared08: We should get a Skype group chat going or something.
8:47 PM - Csquared08: That could be interesting.

I agree. IRC, Skype, Steam? The comments are awesome, but a group chat could be fun as well so we can debate all the little details without clouding up the comments section.

Csquared08
Group Contributor

I have no idea what you're talking about...

Wet
Group Contributor

Hahahahhaehehehheh

Csquared08
Group Contributor

Alright. A Skype group has been made. PM me your Skype if you wish to join the group.

It'll be lonely if it's just me and Pilate...

Pilate
Group Admin

But ya know, Austraeoh, not pudding.

(you can PM me as well)

silvadel
Group Contributor

What are we plotting about with regard to austraeoh -- and unfortunately no skype. IRC would be possible though. Oh and I just submitted my first story here -- wish me luck.

Csquared08
Group Contributor

Skype is free and easy to use. No need for cameras or anything. IM'ing works like a charm. As Pilate discovered, IRC is very user unfriendly.

silvadel
Group Contributor

I remember when there was only ONE IRC as opposed to all of the different ones, the web did not exist, and there was just irc, telnet, gopher, ftp, and a couple of other things. But yes my desktop isnt set up with a camera and I wouldnt want to use my portable when I just did all this stuff on my desktop with my U2410 monitor. Skype is probably overkill for text -- you do this often? If so it might be worth it just to have a chat with fellow bronies. Hrmf -- lets look for it.

Pilate
Group Admin

I prefer using IRC when I can, but I was trying to use the same network the site does (IRCHighway) and it was being uncooperative, I suppose I can fire something up on freenode or the like. Sadly, not too many people actually DO use IRC though, skype seemed to have a wider install base.

silvadel
Group Contributor

Hrmf they want a lot of info -- and I do not have a speaker for my pc either -- kind of odd, i970, 580 video card -- but I never had need to actually talk over it.

Csquared08
Group Contributor

Speakers aren't necessary either.

silvadel
Group Contributor

Grumble -- silvadel is taken -- that is very annoying.

Pilate
Group Admin

I made all of mine up and gave it the e-mail address I use for spam.

silvadel
Group Contributor

Hrm -- I was going to give it my real email address... I do not do enough things that are ... that way ... to need a spam address thusfar... IE I do not have a twitter or a facebook or anything like that.

Ok I installed it -- now what.

silvadel
Group Contributor

I will say submitting a story here was stressful -- I hope it gets approved and people like it.

silvadel
Group Contributor

tappa tappa -- I installed skype -- now what -- it made me silvadel1 but it is showing my name there.

Ferrix
Group Contributor

Can I just lurk? I probably won't have much to contribute, but I love reading other people's theories and such.:twilightsheepish:

Rainbow87dash
Group Contributor

450442 can you get Skype on IPad?
If not ok
If yes. How?

Emberspeak
Group Contributor

I'd be more than happy to join in Skype, if I could get the darn thing to actually work when I tell it to create my account >.>

Csquared08
Group Contributor

Lurking is perfectly acceptable.

I know a guy who regularly uses Skype on his iPod, so I assume so. As for how, no clue, as I don't use Apple products.

GET ON IT! :pinkiecrazy:

Aqua Fortis
Group Contributor

Go to sleep early one night, and look what happens. Not only do I miss some fantastic comments, but y'all go and make a frickin Skype group where we can pad each others' conspiracy theories! And I missed it! Now that just won't do. No sir. :applejackunsure:

Rainbow87dash
Group Contributor

450498 well that helps:ajbemused:

Csquared08
Group Contributor

Make one and join!

At least you know you can. :twilightsheepish:

Aqua Fortis
Group Contributor

I'm trying, but my network doesn't want to play nice with Skype. Bad network. No biscuit.

Csquared08
Group Contributor

:twilightoops:
Let me know when it starts working.

Aqua Fortis
Group Contributor

Success! Needed the latest version. No auto-update on Skype? :ajbemused:

Csquared08
Group Contributor

I guess not? :twilightoops:

Now I need that Skype name so I can add you! :pinkiecrazy:

Aqua Fortis
Group Contributor

My name was taken, too. Grumble indeed.

It is stressful. I wish it could import formatting from Word, as I avoid Google products as a matter of principle, so Docs is out. As long as you abide by the rules, it should be approved in 12-24 hours, depending on how busy the mods are. Now we just need to wait so us Austraeoh fans can read it!

Thunder twister
Group Contributor

You can use Skype on iPad :raritywink:

Pilate
Group Admin

Click this link while browsing on your iPad to download straight to it, or on your computer to download it to iTunes.

Rainbow87dash
Group Contributor
LimeAttack
Group Contributor

Might as well get involved when I can.

lively.manta

Pilate
Group Admin

PM one of us yer skype name!

Pilate
Group Admin

it work yet? :pinkiecrazy:

Emberspeak
Group Contributor

Well my computer won't accept it - it's a loaned computer and the admin has blocked access to it unfortunately -

I'm thinking of getting the new operating system for my Ipod so that I can use that, however the new system removes several useful features (such as You-tube :pinkiegasp:), so it is something of a trade-off there.
[I'm trying that now, so let's see how it goes :twilightsmile:]

Pilate
Group Admin

YouTube has an app, and skype for iOS should work on iOS5 :twilightsmile:

Emberspeak
Group Contributor

Bah! My ipod is too old to go past iOS 4.2.1, and you need 4.3 for Skype. 'Till I can buy my laptop rather than loan, I can't skype :raritycry:

Pilate
Group Admin
Emberspeak
Group Contributor

Bwah!? I just realised that it says that this thread was posted on the 1st of January. :rainbowhuh:

Emberspeak
Group Contributor
Emberspeak
Group Contributor
Pilate
Group Admin

Same username I take it?

Emberspeak
Group Contributor

Heh, how'd you guess? :rainbowlaugh:

Pilate
Group Admin

I see new users joining the group, so a quick bump to say that this invite remains open to all. I'm pilot3033 on skype, just mention something about flying east in your contact request.

Csquared08
Group Contributor

Or send one to me, csquared2012. I'm almost always on Skype, so I'll add you as soon as I see the request.

Hellouise
Group Contributor

What is it you guys talk about on skype anyway?
(not that anything is gonna stop me from joining but hey, preperation never hurt)

bigchibz110
Group Contributor

I just sent you a request on skype

Lightning Bearer
Group Contributor

Is this still a thing?

Csquared08
Group Contributor

Nope. We're all dead and gone. Nothing at all remains. Nothing.

What's your Skype name?

Pilate
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 89