Toku Ponies! 324 members · 404 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I had this song in my head, so I was wondering this: imagine if the seven legendary Kamen Riders (Ichigo, Nigo, V3, RIderman, X, Amazon, and Stronger) had to give their power to the MLP main cast (including the Mane 6 and Spike). Which Pony would get which Rider power/armor? Here's what I came up with:

Applejack/Kamen Rider Ichigo - I haven't seen the original Kamen Rider show, but I've read the Kamen Rider Spirits manga. In it, Ichigo was shown to be a kind, strong-willed, and honest man who cared for his friends and was willing to fight for them, which matches well with AJ’s straightforwardness and feelings to her friends. Also, both are strong and can handle themselves in a fight (as AJ did during the Season 2 finale).

Pinkie Pie/Kamen Rider Nigo – Again, I’ve only read Kamen Rider Spirits, but it shows Nigo as a carefree and kind guy who just wants to see people smile, much like Pinkie. Pinkie’s known to get angry, just like Nigo, so I’m curious to see how that would work out… that and I couldn’t help but think of this comic.

Twilight Sparkle/Kamen Rider V3 – Honestly, I couldn’t think of anything at the time. Twilight and V3 are the more serious members and are well known amongst their respective franchises. That, and I noticed a small similarity between the V3/Riderman partnership and Twilight’s relation with Spike as V3 and Twilight are more connected with Riderman and Spike (respectively) than any other Rider/pony.

Spike/Riderman - Riderman’s the only non-cyborg Rider of the group, only having a bionic arm. He stood out with his arm and open mouth on his helm just as Spike stands out from his pony friends. As I mentioned before, the camaraderie between Riderman and V3 relates them more to Spike and Twilight than with any other Rider/pony.

Rarity/Kamen Rider X - Again, I couldn't think of anything at the time. Rarity can use her bare hooves in a fight, but I think she would prefer style and finesse, which she could do with X's weapon, the Ridol (a weapon that can be used as a whip/stick/fencing piece). Besides, she might like the flash of X’s transformation.

Fluttershy/Kamen Rider Amazon - Fluttershy/Kamen Rider Amazon - Both Fluttershy and Amazon have some connection to nature (Amazon with his herbs and animal-like behavior from living in the Amazon, while Fluttershy has her way with animals). Fluttershy is known to have a wild side (as shown in the Grand Galloping Gala episode) and it would also be interesting to see Amazon's ferocity clash with Fluttershy's timid nature.

Rainbow Dash/Kamen Rider Stronger - Both are smart-mouth, brash, and headstrong heroes with lightning-based abilities, so that could be enough. But Stronger's actor passed away 2 years ago, so you could have Stronger actually die and have RD to live up to Stronger's name (just as a tribute to the actor).

So what did you think? Would it work? Why or why not? What your choices be (and this can include any minor characters/background ponies)? Please let me know. Thanks?

-W.S.

3692317 neat, we don't get much Showa talk around here. Is this for a fanfiction of yours?

3692332 No, it's just something I just thought of.

I'm not too fermiler with the Showa era rider except for Amazon and Black RX but I think this mite work. Also how's Stronger. I hear it's a good one

3692372 I've seen V3, Amazon, ZX special, and Black/Black RX, but not the rest. All I know is from specials, movies, and the Kamen Rider Spirits manga.

3692384 The showa episodes are hard to find, especially ichigo.

3692317 just thought I would ask because I did the same thing for Kabuto/MLP crossover fanfic. Also not to hate on you but where's a Kamen Rider Super 1(my favorite Showa design rider) come on man.

3693758 Well, I was just focusing on Ichigo to Stronger, since they're known as the Seven Legendary Riders, and there are seven main characters in MLP. But I do understand. Super-1 does have a good design.

-W.S.

3693783 Ooohh! I thought you were talking about all of Showa rider, but I do wonder how super 1 would be.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9