Celestia & Luna 2,710 members · 4,442 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

A pegasister is in trouble and I want to help in anyway I can. I can't donate, but I'm going to spread the word, so those who can donate will be able to help her. She's being abused guys! Imagine yourself in her shoes. I know I wouldn't like it. No one deserves to be treated like this. Please donate so she can move someplace safe.

4510646 Few things.

One, it's a scam so don't buy that kind of bullshit just because someone says it.
Two, you didn't give any links, wchich is a good thing because why would anyone want to donate to a scam.

4510679 It's a repeat of the scammy Keyframe bullshit that happened about a month or so ago. It's all lies.

4510685 You'd be better off reporting threads as you see them

Could you enlighten me? I was actually approached by someone asking for money for this Keyframe. What's the deal here? Why the spam everywhere? What's the scam? I haven't given a cent because it smelled fishy, but I would like to know.

4510827 Ultimately I don't know WHO or WHY, but here's the run down of what I know. Take it with a grain of salt too.

Some time ago there was about half a dozen people making youtube videos about promoting a cause, where a pegasister that goes be the alias of "Keyframe" was being abused on a daily basis by their parents.

People were posting these videos all over the site, and on unrelated forums etc etc, which lead to the mods deleting them because it constituted spamming, wherein a multitude of the same (or thereof) posts are made. It is also a scam to cheat people out of their money.

Now that the phenomenon has risen again, but the story itself has changed a few details. The abuse aspect is still there, but there's mentioning of a green card. Now, I don't know about you, but I'm from New Zealand and have no idea what the hell a green card is, but I digress.

What makes me want to smack the people that promote it are as follows: One, they're completely ignorant to the fact that this is a scam. Two, they spam help messages all over the goddamn place. Three, if they are stupid to give money to an erroneous cause then they deserve being cheated out of it. Four, and most importantly, they never check their goddamn facts.

Honestly, the amount of shit people blindly follow and believe in is seriously staggering.

Welcome to the internet, dumbing down society since its inception with false reports. FOX news is a classic example :rainbowlaugh:

My solution? I'm not saying we murder all the stupid people, I'm merely suggesting we remove the warning labels on stuff and let the problem sort itself out. If that happens, then maybe they'd learn not to be such idiots. (Please note I said that in jest so anyone that reads the comment doesn't think I actually would.)

Much thanks for the info. I try not to follow these things, due to the raging battles that follow.

Hmm yeah by the sounds of it, it appears to be another exploitative emotive appeals to separate folks from their money. I guess guarding my wallet was the best.

I would concur that we live in time where disgustingly folks commit fraud by capitalizing on people's best intentions and good will. I still remember that stupid 'Kony" campaign. I'm rather disheartened though, if we should genuinely find a person in true need they would be competing against fraudsters and scammers for attention. I've been helped by a friend once and I've endeavored to help others in turn... sigh.... sadly it seems nothing is ever as it seems.

P.S. A "Green Card" is an American thing. It's a temporary citizenship pass. Many people desperately apply for them to get into the U.S.A. Some people stay illegally even after their Green Card expires.

4510646 How do we donate? What are we donating to? Can you give us any useful information at all?

Thanks for warning me. I didn't know it was a scam. I'm kind of new to fimfiction joined about 2 months ago.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11