Zecora fan's 547 members · 262 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

So If anyone has seen the Season 4 Premier recently you might notice that Zecora has managed to provide Twilight a potion that only responds to Alicorn Magic.

First off, how did Zecora know about this, let alone even know how to make this potion if it only respawns to alicorns?!

Second, why did she have one of these at this moment?

Has she had experience with alicorns before? She did help Twilight practice magic and save Ponyville from Trixe against the Alicorn Amulet.

Please post your thoughts below! This brainstorm session/headcanon list is along the lines of ALICORN POWAH! Feel free to post any ideas ranging from Trivial, to Epic.

Zecora is deh Zebra who has limited Knowlage, or UNliminted, say maybe she found a power of Knowlage when a little filly? I'm not much if a brainstorm person, I'm just remembering the epsidoe and I just LOVED it! :pinkiehappy:

Simple, she is just a master alchemist that had probably learned how to make it from her mentor whoever it was or it is a legendary high level alchemist only potion and she made it preemptively when she learned of Twilight's change to an alicorn.

Bad Writing? :unsuresweetie:

Nah. She probably DOES have some sort of magic herself. :rainbowhuh: That or an ultimate knowledge of magic; one that even Celestia envies. :pinkiegasp:

Perhaps, she knows a LOT more than she taught Twilight in Magic Duel. :trixieshiftright: Maybe she knew lots more and could teach Twilight, but she knew that Twilight needed to stop Trixie fast, so she trained her about calming the mind. Maybe she does have an amulet (aside from the Alicorn Amulet, of course) that does make ponies stronger or smarter.

I'm certain that whatever may happen, it'll only make Zecora seem more mysterious and interesting. (:yay:)

2245700>>2245480>>2245339>>2245319 Check the neck of the flask it looks like the Alicorn Amulet.
Didn't Twilight use dark magic to change it's color?
Zecora said nothing about that.

SH:fluttershyouch:T!!!

You're so RIGHT!!
:derpyderp2:

And the 'dark magic'... Zecora said NOTHING about Dark Magic!!!

I must ponder this.:applejackconfused: Mind. Blown. :pinkiegasp:

2245756 Well the only guess I can make is Zecora said change it to white so maybe Dark magic has strong trans-formative effects. Look what Twilight did in season 3 to the crystal thrown room, she made it into a pit.

Zecora probably made the potion for practice at some earlier point and because it was valuable she carried it with her when she left the house. Alternatively, Zecora learned of Twilight's ascension a the end of season 3 and maybe wanted Twilight to help her finish the potion, because local alicorn yay! But then she moved to Canterlot so Zecora just held onto the potion.

Also, as for Twilight's use of Dark Magic, perhaps her friends just think of it as a tool. I don't think any of the mane 6 have actually seen that particular type of Dark Magic being used, only Spike saw her use it and he didn't seem to realize it was Dark magic, Twilight only mentioned it as something Celestia taught her. So I surmise the Mane 6 probably don't know Twilight used dark magic, but we the viewers did, which may hint at things to come. For instance, maybe we'll see Twilight using it more often and becoming corrupt? Possible future story arc stuff in the making?

2246093 That is differently a possibility:rainbowhuh:

Zecora is walking plot device.

Here is a new theory!

Zecora is the new Trollestia! Next time some Terror that puts Equestria at peril, Zecora will likely contain the key to fixing it all! Then kindly let the Mane Six handle it :trollestia:

2256974 Yeah, that sounds about right.

Actually, I've always interpreted her as a troll.

In her first episode, she could have easily said "Beware those flowers, you pony folk. What you stand in is Poison Joke," but no. She leads them on the road to her place with her mystery and strange talking.

In Swarm of the Century, she could've explained her knowledge of the Parasprites, but she simply says, in a mocking tone: "You're doomed."

Remember in Luna Eclipsed when she saw Luna claim the end of Nightmare Night? She continued to tease the fillies and colts by making them continue the tradition.

Remember in Cutie Pox when she is talking to Apple Bloom, she says (and I quote): "What has happened to you, youth? (Reveals chipped tooth) Ahh, you've gone and chipped your tooth." I always interpreted her rhymes as intentional, (if not some sort of mental defect) so what I get from this scene is that she knew that Apple Bloom had the chipped tooth, even before Apple Bloom knew. Also, she scolds Apple Bloom when she has the cutie pox by forcing her to admit her thievery.

And finally, in Just For Sidekicks, she taunts Spike by taking his gem and giving it to charity. It not only shows that she is caring, but that she knows (first-hooved, I might add) what Spike can do when he gets greedy. In the end, I find it to be more of a tease than a saving.

I know she has more parts in other episodes, but these are my facts and this is my stance. Take it as you please.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13