Game Crossovers 5,490 members · 4,418 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So which starter are you most into now? I was Team Litten at first, and I even thought he would evolve into a cool Fire/Dark type when I first saw the little guy, but his evolutions lost me both conceptually and aesthetically.

Decidueye looks cool though. I love the idea of a Grass/Ghost starter that can stalk its opponents, evade their tracking, and sharpshoot them. Any Green Arrow fans who can back me up on that?

We've also got new Island Guardians for the Alola region.

I officially want to name my Decidueye "Oliver Queen"

Seriously? No One?

I didn't think about posting here because I saw the final evolution videos posted in a couple other groups.

So which starter are you most into now?

Litten was never on my personal radar, but I just couldn't bring myself to choose between Popplio or Rowlet until these were revealed. Now I'm definitely going with Rowlet.

Decidueye is a far more awesome name than Primarina, and its signature move, Spirit Shackle, seems like it will be a damaging move that prevents opponents from fleeing or switching out. I just cannot pass that up. Naming it Oliver Queen, Green Arrow, Robin Hood, or anything like that seems a little too obvious for my liking, but I can't really come up with better options.

Also, I'm calling it now: Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye will have Keen Eye as their Hidden Ability.

Go for it. The character limits on names was raised from 10 to 12 in either Gen V or VI, so you should have just enough for that.

Primarina would be my second choice, which is interesting considering that I just couldn't get into Popplio at first. It's got a sort of mermaid/Siren thing going with its singing voice/bubble attacks, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see some brony name their female Popplio "Sonata Dusk."

And honestly, it took me a while to realize that "Oh, Spirit Shackle is a Physical move; of course it does damage," so I initially thought that it was just a Mean Look clone. But yeah, a damaging Ghost-type version of Mean Look does have some utility. I'm just not sure about Primarina's Sparkling Aria attack. Unless it works like Wake-Up Slap (in which case, the first thing people are going to think of is pairing it with Scald), a Water-type attack that heals the target's burn status seems counterproductive.

And is Oliver Queen/Green Arrow too obvious a name for Decidueye? Okay, how about this? If you're a fan of the CW's Arrow, then you can name him Yao Fei. And if you have a female, name her Shado instead. Admittedly, the Arrow versions of these two characters are nothing like their characters in the comics, but Decidueye is Grass/Ghost, so it works as an homage and "honor their memory" type thing if you watch the show.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see some brony name their female Popplio "Sonata Dusk."

I've already seen that put forth as a nickname suggestion.

I'm just not sure about Primarina's Sparkling Aria attack. Unless it works like Wake-Up Slap (in which case, the first thing people are going to think of is pairing it with Scald), a Water-type attack that heals the target's burn status seems counterproductive.

About the only good combo I can think of at the moment is in Double/Triple battles: One of Primarina's allies is burned and has the Water Absorb ability. :unsuresweetie:

Ooh, I like the Yao Fei suggestion, thank you. As far as female Decidueye nicknames are concerned, I'm already planning to go with another reference entirely - Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

About the only good combo I can think of at the moment is in Double/Triple battles: One of Primarina's allies is burned and has the Water Absorb ability. :unsuresweetie:

Yeah, except that nearly every Pokemon that has Water Absorb is a Water-type (the only exceptions are the three Grass-type cacti Pokemon), so it's hard to imagine anyone actively trying to inflict burns on them. Alternatively, (and this is still assuming that Sparkling Aria would have 2x power against burned foes, just like Wake-Up Slap with sleeping Pokemon), a Double/Triple battle where one of your mons starts off with Will-O-Wisp and Primarina follows up with Sparkling Aria.

You could also name him Link (Legend of Zelda, the bow is a staple weapon). And if you believe in that Game Theory about Majora's Mask Link being dead (and still want to go for the Grass/Ghost thing), another possible name might be Termina (male or female). You know, because Kaepora Gaebora has too many characters.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6