TwiLuna Writer Motivation Group 144 members · 43 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
PonyholicsAnonymous
Group Contributor

My goal for next Tuesday is to finish this goddamn chapter. You know, the one I said I'd have done like two weeks ago. It shouldn't be too hard, I'm almost done as it is. I've just got one last scene that's giving me trouble, and then the only thing left is the final battle, which I've had planned out in my head basically since I started writing this story.

Tormidal
Group Contributor

It would me as well. :P

Tormidal
Group Contributor

Congratz on the update!

I really enjoyed it.

aquilerafroot
Group Contributor

Hey, I've been following your story since it was one chapter I think, but haven't read the newest few chapters cuz I was pretty busy the past few months... I'll get to it once I've read down on my favs... there're like a million updates :twilightoops:

PonyholicsAnonymous
Group Contributor

Oh, right, we're supposed to do this today. I totally remembered. :trixieshiftleft:

Aurora hit 500 thumbs up earlier. That was pretty awesome. I don't know if I'll quite be finished by next Tuesday, but my goal is to be at least half finished with the writing, and have the rest planned out.

hows the writing going? cause i need to know what's gonna happen next, seriously, you're killing me over here

PonyholicsAnonymous
Group Contributor

437679 I dithered around for a while, started writing, realized it sucked, tossed it all out, and started again. It'll get done eventually.

looking forward to "eventually"

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

437717 isn't the only one you're killing with suspense!

PonyholicsAnonymous
Group Contributor

437723 437872 A lot of the problem is that I knew exactly what I wanted to have happen last chapter before I started writing it. This chapter, there are a few things I know I want to happen, but I haven't figured out what order they're happening in or how to get from one to the next yet. It's not that big of a deal, though, because it probably won't be too long.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Well at least there's that. Keep plugging away at it, you'll get there!

PonyholicsAnonymous
Group Contributor

Anyone got any tips for writer's block?

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

I find music to be useful for that. Usually something uptempo.

Also finding the right mindset. If you push, you can break the blockage, but that can be hard. Or, you can start somewhere else, on a different project, and phase into this one.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Oh, and more Cheerleaders!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

PonyholicsAnonymous
Group Contributor

Holy shit, I actually did some writing tonight. There's something that hasn't happened in an embarrassingly long time. On a related note, I have a shitload of physics homework due tomorrow that I haven't started yet.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Ouch. Good luck with the homework.

But, YAY on the writing! I know the feel all too well. I've had my own embarrassing amount of block on more than one occasion just wrestling with the current chapter of PD. I broke it though, so things are forming up. Still a little way to go before it hits the editor.

When I get close to done, wanna pre-read and give me a little feedback? There are some scenes that I feel better about than before, but I'm still not 100% on.

Oh, and more cheerleaders!

PonyholicsAnonymous
Group Contributor

478518 Sure thing. I'll have to read the rest of your story again to refresh my memory, though. Not that that's a bad thing.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

Sweet. I'll PM you with the link to the gdoc once the first draft is ready. Comments are always welcome.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Admin

You should be PM'ed good sir! Happy reading!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20