Long Fics 1,162 members · 369 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I'm writing a fic that I intend to be 200,00+ words long, but isn't quite there yet. Am I still allowed to post it in this group?

Not unless it has met one of the limit of 200,000 words or more, then you add it.

4681197 Just add some 'aside' chapters or Extra chapters to make it a bit longer. After all, how many more words do you need?
LateBronyWriter

I would strongly recommend against adding more words just to make the story longer. A fic should be as long as it needs to be no more. 200 000 words is a lot, and if there's too much fluff in there, readers will lose interest.

4713746 I know, but if you need a bit of a nudge like 10,000 words or so, adding an extra chapter that shows things from another perspective or allows downtime for looking at the story as a whole I feel that readers could appreciate an aside chapter that adds depth to your story. Personally I don't have this issue because My chapters are longer than Kanye West's speeches, it gets to the point that it's way too many words per chapter but I can't stop writing the way I write.
LateBronyWriter

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5