501st Party Brigade 133 members · 430 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I thought I would post this here first knowing that a good bit of my watchers and friends are in this group. That, and the admin who created this group is a long time watcher and great friend.

Greetings! :pinkiehappy:

I'm searching for a temporary editor/proofreader for a future fiction in the works. Though I'm not a horrendous writer, I do tend to make small mistakes and need someone to read over my finished chapter(s), find these errors and tell me what needs to be changed. You will be credited at the beginning of the fiction with a link to your profile page once the fiction is completed. I will be using Google Docs to relay you the chapters upon completion. If you do a good and thorough job finding mistakes and such, your temporary position may become a permanent position if you so desire.

Minor Qualifications:

• Have a FimFiction account

• Previous editor skills is a PLUS

• Have at least one fan fiction published on this site is another PLUS

(Editor skills and personally written fan fictions is not mandatory, but will aid in what I am seeking for in an editor and will show me that you have some grasp on grammer and story telling).

Your job includes (but not limited to):

• Finding punctuation errors (EX: capitalization, comma/semi colon/correct punctuation marks, etc).

• Finding grammar errors (EX: misspelled words, wrong word usage, correcting sentence structure, etc).

• Read aloud (if you choose so) to see if the sentence makes sense and that the idea represented in the sentence is clear and concise.

• Highlighting mistakes or changing the font colors of them (EX: I may have misspelled a word and you noticed it, it is your job to highlight the word I misspelled and beside it [in another color] write the correct word.)

OPTIONAL: Make notes in Google Docs, (using the notes system in the editing mode) on certain parts if you need to explain to me something you couldn't get across by highlighting mistakes or to ask about something OR to just hello c:

The fiction is currently being written and I will inform you (if you are choosen) via PM with a link to the google doc. I expect that you will finish editing within 3 days or less. If you cannot, please inform me and I will be happy to push back the due date a few days or perhaps a week. I know a lot of you are in school/college and have tons of homework and studying to do (as do I), so I can understand if you can't help edit the fiction by the time I ask. Questions about this can be asked either in response below or by messaging me personally. As always, first come, first serve.

I'll be accepting two applicants (maybe more) at the moment and will update this post whenever I find one.

Editor 1 [ ] Editor 2 [ ]

As always, Hail Lord Pinkie Pie

How can we trust you? Look at all your secrets and lies!:derpyderp1:

Well you have the right to not trust me, but you would think it would be a waste of a forum post and my time if it was a lie. :pinkiecrazy: Not much of a secret though, since, you know, I put it online.

709388 I would offer my asssistance but I dont have a lot of experience with this sort of thing

Well I read some of your recent work in Equestria Needs A Doctor and from the looks of it you have a fairly decent grasp on sentence structure and grammer. I may inform via PM when the story is ready for editing. It shouldn't be too long of a first chapter either, so not too difficult. The only thing I'm concerned about it that our ways of writing differ greatly when it comes to grammer and I don't know if that's going to be a problem or not.

711480 Thanks for reading the story. If you want my help then I will see if I'm available

711518 Hello... I had ran across this post and remembered that I do edit constantly in my spare time... (I'm a manuscript masochist... :twilightblush:) I use internet whenever I can find it, but do not have it at home; so my work might be a little sporadic, but I'm a very dedicated editor and am prepared to take a large work load.... I have no stories published... (mostly because I'm not sure if what I have is any good... :fluttercry:) but as for previous experience, I've worked on several stories in my time as an editor... gems such as A Novice Swordsman in the Canterlot Court and Kingdom Hearts, Friendship is Omniversal among others... I can use Google Docs (which is my preferred medium anyways...) and I'll most likely use the notes add-on to show what I perceive to be errors or awkward sentence structure... I'll also work off-line if needed to determine what else I need to catch in the story whenever I can't use Google Docs...

-TKM

I almost forgot about this post... and thanks for replying but I'm afraid you're too late. The fic I needed an editor is basically on hiatus. However, I still do need an editor for a certain story of my mine, but you would have to do a lot of reading to catch up in the story. If you're still interested, give my current updated story a glance and decide if you want to follow through. I can understand if you don't want to take on the challenge, I sure wouldn't in your shoes; but if you wish to do so and then by all means go for it.

1179313 let's see... only a hundred thousand? I could read that tonight and be done before tomorrow... :twilightblush:

More like 250k words... that's the sequel

1180380 I know that now.... :twilightsheepish:at least I'm finished with parts one and two of Slave...

send me a Google Docs link and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong (hint: just in parts one and two I found over 150 errors.. and a lot of reoccurring ones..)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12