Celestia Is The Best Pony 2,895 members · 2,593 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I've already made a post about Celestia being Luna's mother, and while I still don't have any personal headcanons of that, I do have another idea that you may take as you will.

Discord. Master of Madness, Being of Disharmony, Creature of Unorder, and God of Chaos.

What if he was Celestia and Luna's father?

The way how I'm imagining it was in a similar vein to Nightmare Moon, only less controlled. My idea is that he was a pony, with a loving family and ruling over Equestria happily. Then an accident happened when he was experimenting with some strange, foreign magic. His form changed, his mind was split, and his magic forever revolutionized who he was. He had an urge. One for chaos, utter and complete uncontrol. So he let it go. The girls were with their mother, who was protecting both of them with her magic when she felt the strange pulse go through the world in its entirety. Without knowing of it, Discord killed his own wife. And he never did learn, all that he knew was she was gone, and his children were now immune to his magic. They had already earned the Elements of Harmony, and they saw what their father had become, almost torturing the whole of Equestria. With no choice, they blasted him to stone, hoping to find some way over their many long years to reverse what had happened.

1000 years passed.

Discord broke out of his stony prison, and his first thoughts went to his daughters. He knew that if he were to come close to either of them, he could hurt them. But he had also been watching the Mane 6's progress and knew of their connection to the Elements of Harmony. So he tested them. They failed their initial test, but after a little bit of wayward guiding from his daughter, they managed to fix the mistake and sent him back to his stone prison. Inwardly, he was happy to be sent back in, as he knew his family was safe once again from his uncontrollable powers. But he left a message, to Celestia and Luna.

"I can't be changed back. But I can be changed to live in peace with the rest of Equestria. Find a way, and I will apologize."

A few months later (give or take how long time passes in between seasons)...

Celestia, with some encouraging from Luna, placed her hope in one of the Elements of Harmony, Fluttershy. She was the only one who didn't fail her test against their father. There was hope. But there was also concern and a desperation in her actions. As much as she wished for it to work, there was a part that didn't. Her mother was gone because of him. He had caused much strife and pain for Equestria. But he was still their father. And, as her mother once told her, "Everyone deserves a second chance."

It's an AU, man. You do you. :pinkiesmile:

“But Moooomm…”

“That’s it! You go to your Moon right now, young lady!”

You should have him be Celestias father too. So they are sisters as well a la Chinatown. Now everything gets super uncomfortable.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4