Star Trek Ponies 503 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Okay. So I had a idea for a somewhat Ds9 Star Trek crossover... more of a homage if you will. Basically the idea is pretty basic. Instead of the Cardassian's occupying Bajor they occupy Equestria and well do all the bad things like the labor camps and genocide. The main Villain will be Gul Dukat who will be the Prefect of the world and be in charge of the occupational force there. (Just imagine all the pony Caradassian baby hybrids running around :twilightoops:) And the story follows the pony resistance (Mane 6) to the occupational forces as they fight the Cardassians. There will be some chapters of course dealing with good Cardassians and the Cardassians won't be portrayed as simple Villains but as more complex people of course with homes and families. Although Dukat will still be the slimy egoistical megalomaniac he is. I already have an idea for a scene were he is enjoying himself in the Canterlot Castle Throne Room socking up the fact his sitting on the royal throne and stuff.

I don't really know if I'll do this story yet I still have to work out the mechanics and details of how exactly this would work but if you have any suggestion I'd like to hear them. If I don't do the story feel free to steal this idea I don't really care if you do.

Count me interested.
There could be plenty of questions:
1) How do you want to port Equestriani magic into the ST universe? At least you have the advantage that ST already allows for plenty of magical creatures (Q, the Prophets, the Traveler, Quinan (to a degree), et cetera), but you would have to devote whole "episodes" to explaining unicorn psychokinesis, pegassus antigravity and earth pony uncanny physical might.
2) How will you rewrite pony history up to the occupation, and then how did the occupation go for them?
3) What happened with the Princesses, and how will it tie with the Prophets?
4) What will Sisko´s paper be? Will he represent Celestia in the fight against NMM, or the two Princesses against Discord, or the Changelings?
5) When will the story happen on MLP:FIM? Will the Mane 6 have been officers or a cell of the Equestriani Militia? Will they have repelled the Cardassians through the Elements of Magic?
6) Would you happen to make Odo and the shapeshifters into Changelings? That could be an interesting parallel...

That shouldn't even be biologically possible. All the bipeds of the galaxy can do that because they came from the same progenitor species millions of years ago, but ponies are obviously unrelated...

That´s nowhere near canon in Star Trek. Even with the most common Alpha Quadrant species: humans evolved from omnivorous savanna monkeys; Klingons evolved from tundral carnivores in their cold, harsh planet; Ferengi evolved from tropical swamp scavengers (that being why they value greed), Bajorans where already writing philosophy when the first Australopithecus stepped out of the African jungles, and Vulcans developed their brains as a way of flourishing in their desert planet (and later some Vulcans who appreciated their emotions migrated to Romulus and became Romulans). If anything, similarities are like pterodactils, insects, bats and birds all being able to fly, or insects, crustaceans and vertebrates being able to breathe air.

And before you argue the ´human looking´ card: the reason why aliens look so human is that TOS was a very low budget affair. Remember how Klingons looked almost entirely human in TOS? And did you know that Gene Rodenbery invented the transporter because the transporter special effect was cheaper than doing shuttle landing and take off scenes?

Well... Someone has realized what (to a degree) I am trying to do with a story I'm writing.

2082995 I have plans for Damar....I not planning on trying to mesh up the continuities of Ds9 and MLP timeline wise so I have a more free hand in storytelling.... If worse comes to worse I'll say it took place in a alternate universe. As for Dukat.... I have plans for him too :raritywink:

2084971 Tell me about it...I have been reading great stories that take FOREVER! To update. :twilightsmile:

2083191 Hmm...Must have missed that episode...Although i do want some indication of Dukat's uh.....:applejackunsure: affiliation with the Ponies in some creepy manner. I mean this is Dukat after all we are taking about. I mean he lost an entire cult do to that problem of his

I stand corrected then.
Still, we would then need to define the term "humanoid", as ancients-guided evolution wouldn´t necessarily favour various moneys, but favour the various creatures that are already the most mentally developed. If the ancients found various monkeys to be the most advanced within various planets, that would be okay, but finding equinoids to be so would only add to the variety of intelligent lifeforms that the ancients were trying to seed.

And I would definitely want to see serious Trekkie debates trying to defend or rebate that particular episode within the ST continuity. It could hardly exist within ST:DS9, starting from the fact that the ancients would have been contemporary to the early Bajorans, never mind that the shapeshifters were also seeding and terminating life in the Gamma quadrant.

Okay, now i had time and could read the episode´s script.

You are completely right, so for drama sake, lets just forget that this episode exists at all.

One wild idea that could be interesting in a crossover story:

Celestia and Luna can manipulate the movements of the planetary bodies in the Equestrian star system and even the movement of their sun itself. Or rather, their star system doesn't orbit the center of the galaxy like normal stars and instead can be pushed in whatever direction Celestia and Luna move it.

In short, their whole star system and planet act kind of like a fully self-sufficient generation ship. They could explore the galaxy and possibly the universe by just directing their star system around. It could take thousands of years, but it works. The Cardassians first found Equestria when it was heading near their region of space and found its unusual path interesting. Celestia and Luna might have hidden themselves away to keep the Cardassians from learning how they manipulate the star system.

Deep Space 9 might, instead of being positioned near a wormhole, have been moved into orbit around the Equestrian star system. With promise of Federation protection, Celestia then alters the course of Equestria so that it moves farther into Federation space to escape the Cardassians. Then the DS9 crew spends time examining the various intelligent species of Equestria and discover that Equestria had actually moved all around the galaxy in the past and some of its occupants came from completely different planets from all over.

What they established in "The Chase" was that the Progenitors placed a 4-billion-year genetic program on each world that would direct evolution there, to the point where a species that physically resembled themselves would eventually arise.

What was not established was whether this directed genetic program would result in all humanoid species sharing more than just their physical appearence in common -- i..e they didn't establish that this directed evolution would result in species with nearly identical genomes.

And indeed, we know that several humanoid species must have radically different genomes. Vulcans, for example, have copper-based blood, and their internal organs are scrambled around in different places from where they are on humans. In one extended-universe novel, it was explained that Sarek and Amanda were only able to have Spock via some heavy-handed genetic manipulation (their gametes would not unite normally).

The question shouldn't be "Why can't ponies interbreed with Cardassians?", the question should be "How the heck can any two alien species, humanoid or not, interbreed at all?". (I call foul on that half-Klingon-half-human woman that Worf ran around with!)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16