Star Trek Ponies 504 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Taking bets now on how misleading the trailer is.

Despite playing The Beastie Boys in all 3 films they still haven't used Intergalactic 0/10

The song in the beginning of the trailer was Sabotage, which was also used in the first film, and in the second they used Body Movin'. Their most famous song is Intergalactic, and is easily the best one to use. And they haven't; it is a feeling of pure disappointment.

Meh, it's a pop song. They all start sounding the same after awhile.

Meh, it's a pop song. They all start sounding the same after awhile.

Meh, it's a pop song.

pop song.

Sadness surrounds us

Or it's because I grew up listening to classic rock, jazz, and the various styles of classical. So to me, most pop songs sound kind of the same.

4920819 Eh.
I might watch it, I might not.

How many times are they gonna destroy the enterprise this is getting sad it had more life in the comics

We don't actually see her destroyed in the trailer, only the implication. My guess, she's crippled, dead in space. Much like how the Constellation was in The Doomsday Machine.
Which means that if she survives the movie, we get to see a refit.

4922451 another refit you say they have crossed into the next generation era yet kirk era was good but not to many ship designs I think that most of Star fleet had constitution class in their army wasn't until sttmop we get to see more ship designs like reliant & excelsior

Well, I a can say I am not looking forward to the third move movie. Unsure because of the trailer movie or were doing what seems like a survival and war movie instead of a deep space exploration move. It just doesn't seem like something I like, especially under the Star Trek license.
I mean I know they wouldn't be able to do most of the episodes on the show since it would be too slow and JJ Abrams loves action pack movies, but they could have done so much more that was cannon and works in the lore. Like the Domesday Machine plot line would been a great movie as we learn move about the captain and his crew and seeing the two Constitution starship fight and win instead of just luckily avoid destruction (though at cost). Or the Romulan secret weapon in which a spaceship duel between the Romulan warbird and the Enterprise.
Or they could go with a original like they got lost with a Klingon and Romulan warships in space and learn to get along to get back home, sort of the Voyager rout but with separate ships, more hostile people working together for better story, and maybe a look at this universe Borg. It would be fun to see the three major powers interact to survive while adding something new and add a lot to character and drama story-line which Star Trek thrives on instead of beating some bad guy. Not to mention it would go really well with Star Trek's moral that we will be better in the future and look past prejudice to bloodily go where no one comes before.

There's also the fact that at least the primary writer, Simon Pegg, and the director, Justin Lin, are trekkies.

Isn't that something that work in the film's favor instead of against? Because that would suggest they would care more about it then JJ Abrams who admitted before the movies, he was solely a Star Wars fan, not a Star Trek one.
Though it looks like from a interview, that movie is not going to be as action pack as the trailer indicated since the director and write did not like the trailer. We'll see when a better trailer for the movie comes out.

Isn't that something that work in the film's favor instead of against?

Exactly.

Sorry, I sort of skimmed the wall of text you posted.

Did... Did the Enterprise just get offed by a swarm of space bugs?

Ok, The fact that they destroyed the Enterprise, AGAIN, aside,, this actually looks pretty interesting...

Definitely gonna go see this one.

Well, they only imply that she was destroyed. She could just be crippled... again. Which mean, NEW REFIT!

Bit excited for it honestly. Also honestly, I'm glad Star Trek is still around. Imagine if Star Trek went the way of the other big series and Star Wars continues forward. So in short I'm glad both series seem to be getting a reboot and moving forward.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18