Star Trek Ponies 503 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 193 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 193

3129021 There was a site wide blog about it from the Man himself.

Besides, I've been so sick even if I wanted to RP I can't. Mind is too jumbled.

3129099 if you're not feeling well, that's all we need.
Make a quick and complete recovery.
oh and "May Luna be with you".
or 'Sleep tight and sweet dreams', since you'd need your sleep just as much as any of us now.

3129218 Pff, screw Luna. Octavia is my love, Octavia is life. :moustache:

3129331 then Octavia may watch over you too.
but if Luna like either of us 'Screwing her', I guess that could be fun?

3129099 well that's a shame.

3129428 Eh, if you want to screw Luna you can, but I'm loyal to Octavia. :ajsmug:

3130890 Indeed.

3131304 I'd be happy to listen to Octavia all day, which is more fun, I guess.
Then Luna could keep the dreams happy and joyfull all night while I sleep.

Screwing, all depending on canotation, oh well, go figure, HuH?
There could be some fun, she ought to have experience enough to make a night memorable, if she's in the mood?

I guess I oculd see a life with Octavia. is that the idea?
3130890 which of the two would you prefer, and why, if I may ask?

3131752 princess Luna, she's cute and Derpy for the same reason. (Actually i only want to hug and cuddle them, not have sex with them)

3131929 oh yeah, Derps is very cute, in only too many ways.
maybe that isn't the first thought crossing my mind every time I see either of them.
On the other hoof, neither have approached me, asking me either.

3131752 Well, if by "is that the idea" you mean for me, than yes. I'm not really a one night stand or hump buddy, I'd be looking into an actual relationship.

Though the fact that I've thought about one with a fictional cartoon pony is probably not the healthiest of things... :applejackunsure:

3132276 developing feelings would take time, but should be well worth it, right?
and moving from generic, into more up close and personal, where feelings and taste have a say would be more fun too.

At least, they are not just among the cutest cartoon char5acters, but they seems to have more depth then any characters I can pick up, short of a selected few.

Just compar the min siux with any characters, not just fictional cartoons, and see where they'd rate?

I guess the detail of them being ponies could set a few off, but then. how many haven't been revolted about lesser things?
Besides, they're more 'humane', then most humans I know of, on or off the screen too.

would we be here, if there wsn't anything more to them?
I guess people still had made a few stories and shippings,
but most of the best stories we see and read today wouldn't have been around.
most likely, because we wouldn't care, and there would be nothng deep enough worth a second look?

3132355 That's good and all, and pretty true, but Octavia has pretty much zero character development in canon, she's only been in two episodes and has no lines of speech at all.

So we could make up any personality we want. :derpytongue2:

3132397 to some of us, that's an advantage.
some like to spin their own tails.
I guess it is fun to see how much of her character you could extrapolate,
from what little we know of her.
She's playing a Clasical instrument, for starters. the name does say something more abou her as well.
where does she live?
could we make things up, depending on her looks or what not?

I shipped her with Note Worthy.
figured they should go well together.
even gave the two a child/foal.

3132441 I've always imagined she lives in Canterlot, just her style and overall tone seem fitting for what we know of the city.

I've likewise pictured her as refined, but not to the point of not having fun once in a while, a romantic type, prefers red wine and whatever the pony equivalent of Italian food is, obviously a love for classical music, probably other mild music genres as well, maybe even an interest in history and a slight adventurous side, but both of those are pretty much completely my personal touches while the others are as well I made them based on her appearance and limited knowledge of her profession.

Interesting ship of yours, though given the "other" option (Looks at the incredibly huge wall of TaviSctach) it's much more preferred. :rainbowwild:

3132630 I guess it is fairly easy to place her in Canterlot, considering what's known.

Since she is playing an instrument going with Clasical, she's bound to enjoy this kind of music as well.
sensitive and sofisticated are words coming to mind, and if you'd place her on earth, she just may enjoying the Italian as well.
some interest for history, and possibly adventures could work.
if you find just the right clues, and know how to spin them, you can build a good character out of it.

Speaking of said wall :pinkiegasp:

since you mentioned Vinyl, where would you put her, and what kind of a personality would she have?
In some sense, I'd have her closer to Pinkie Pie, they could easily help oneanother out.
They're close in musical tastes, for one. they would both be comfortable in large crouds as well.

Not sure I could put Octavia comfortably in a large croud.
I'd find her on a stage, playing either solo, or in the orchestra.
she'd sit or stand quietly, just polayng her part.

is there any other ponies with some relation to music, or anything else,
going well with either? I know Note would seem fine with Octavia.

3132700 I see Vinyl as closer to Pinkie as well, though maybe not quite so out of control. Rambunctious, enjoys more action in parties and get togethers, maybe more of a drinker, though not a drunk and can control herself.

I agree Octavia isn't as easily placed comfortably in large crowds, compared to Vinyl.

Personally I pictured Frederic as someone to go along with Octavia.

He may have white hair, but he doesn't seem old, no wrinkles or such, so I imagine it's actually just part of his natural colours as opposed to age.

Speaking of his colours, the less vibrant brown and white seems more compatible with Octavia as she also has less vibrant colours compared to the typical pinks, purples, blues, greens and such.

3132814 Vinyl would be more musical part of partying, while Pinkie is just all out and out of control hyper all over the place in fun and laughter.

Once you apply the word 'Croud', Octavia want to leave, right? she can handle a group of ponies, even a large orchestra, but they're in place and according to the music.

There are a few ponies with white, or off white mane, like Trixie, didn't she have an off white mane?
less then pastels or bright colours for the coat are out there, jst not common. just as well by me.

He loos right at home with his instrument, could do well by Octavia, or any other Pony like her.
there's another possible and interesting ship. probably both with Octavia or Note Worthy.

Maybe this is for the sombre ponies of higher status?
if brown or grey did indicate status, we'd have some fun to spin on?

Guards wsere commonly white or grey,
buess light brown could be common among nobles, then?

3132937 I think Octavia may not be keen on being in large crowds, though just an uneasiness, rather than an urge to leave. Unless the guests were making it even more so unpleasant than it already is, such as flirting with her, being she seems to be an attractive mare I'd bet it happens quite a bit.

I know that less vibrant colours are out there, but they're quite a bit less than common.

But having them be a sign of status would certainly be interesting if done right, though we have seen some of the Canterlot Elite with bright colours, they do have a more mellowed tone on the more prominent characters.

3134322 there may be a history why she avoid crouds, like the mentioned?
she could still handle to be part of an orchestra, since every pony stay in place.

Yeah, but they are rare.

Since we mainly see Ponyville, there may be a reason why most colourful ponies were gathered here in the first place?
If you look at mainly Canterlot, that would be a very different picture.
We have samples of both Manehattan and Crystal ponies.
I think they are fairly colourfull too?

Putting the colours into status could make for an interesting effect.
though I'd imagine some ponies, just like people, do move out of the original place.

Some ponies, like dash and pinkie would have their own kind of elite.

3134443 I love how we went from a Star Trek + Ponies RP to Octavia and then pony coat colours and how they affect their society. :rainbowlaugh:

3134526 living conversation?
well, maybe we could explore sopme other scene for the RPs?
Octavia and her coat colouring could always be fun, if you wanted it to?
so long as there's a poni in there, somewhere, there will be fun.
unless you count the four ponies? :pinkiegasp:
:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

3134567 Too many ponies, they multiply like rabbits! :raritydespair:

Originally even my ship had Octavia on sensors, but for this RP I decided an all human crew would be better, though she was the only pony on the ship and the only one who knew of humans. (Unless you count Lyra's crazy ramblings. :trollestia:)

3134588 'Multiply like Rabits', now that's an idea.
I just reused an old ship on my original crew of the Harmony.
Even though I came up with slipping in another old crew of mine, I've been enjoying.
(even if I had more then one crew for that ship)
Oh yeah, gotta love that tube, built on her 'rambling'.
how much is actually behind it in show Canon?
in my end, Pinkie basically knew, since she had been told, and Twilight was there in the first place.

3134635 Lyra's human obsession is pretty much solely fanon, the only canon attribute is the way she sits... and that's how strange this fandom is. Sure she sat in an upright slouch, doesn't mean she loves or even knows about humans people. :facehoof:

3134669 that's one big hen from a very small feather, then?
the clip with the tune is fun, but still.

3134983 It is quite a big jump, but meh, I find it pretty fun if done right.

If the song you're talking about is Anthropology then yes, it is pretty catchy.

3135063 I guess it is a Leap of faith, in a'Quantum leap' fashion?
gotta love the tune. there are a few interesting clips on the tube.
someone is apparently making clips playing up her adventure too.

3135168 Less of a leap and more of an assumption based on fantasy. :applejackunsure:

Should be interesting though.

Surprised you didn't ask about Octavia being on my ship's crew, how all that came about and whatnot. :trixieshiftright:

3135236 isn't that what 'leap of faith' means?
only now we're doing it due to a fntacy instead.

That would be the point?

Since you mentioned, I guess you could shed some light on the choice.
she isn't exactly on the mane crew in the show, but we're not wrighting for the show, either.

Though I guess it is easy to base your crew off of the standard cast.

I enjoy spinning a few twists on who they are, in a scenario like this.
Canon has no take on space flight, so we could do as we please here.

Then again, I can throw in a second ship, with somewhat different ponies?

3136001 Nah, leap of faith means to make an assumption on something you have faith in.

This isn't really a leap of faith as opposed to fans making connections off of the silliest of things. :derpytongue2:

As for Octavia being on a British ship, crewed entirely be humans, well that's an odd one. I was planning on writing a fic where Edwin was brought to Equestria on a one month observation to learn about the Equestrians and see if they were advanced enough to be brought into the Empire. He was disguised as a stallion through the use of holographic emitters, forcefields, and a neural uplink thanks to the nanites. Being a Star Trek fan you can understand how the first two work to make him appear solid, like The Doctor in Voyager, the third would let him feel what his holographic "skin" touches. So if someone's poking his pony shoulder he feels it on his real shoulder and can respond accordingly.

Anyways, a little over a week into his mission and he starts to develop feelings for Octavia. Originally I planned the story to end with him leaving, Octavia in tears and him feeling less than stellar. But I thought up an alternate ending (Heh, an alternate ending to a story I never actually wrote) where instead he brings her into an alley and tells her there's more to him than he let on. He doesn't tell her everything, in case she decided against going, but he tells her that she can come with him, and if she does she can never tell anyone anything about what she'll learn.

She agrees and here she is, a crewmember aboard a warship, in a relationship with an alien whom is also her commanding officer, and she can never tell anyone any of it when she does visit Equestria. The ponies know nothing of humanity, starships, or otherwise because they weren't advanced enough. (Sort of like the Federation's Prime Directive, but based more on how the specific society would react as opposed to technological advancement.)

Now if only I wasn't so lazy and actually wrote this story. :rainbowlaugh:

3136225 the first two, we could bedn back and forh untill hell froze over, but on the other hoof, to what purpose?

I have a story not too far from this, but built on 'First Contact', and the surgeons skills, thus hiding them as actual ponies. if you've read Star Tracker of the Ship Harmony, or plan to, if for nothing then refference and/or comparison.(it's fairly short 6,500words)
I'm sending down a few of my crew to the planet, and one to the ship, warrenting the contact in the first place.

so this is develloping into a ship? :pinkiegasp: should still be enjoyable.
in this case, you have to obey the 'Prime Directive'.
There is a situation, not too dissimiliar in the film, only she is human.

I'm constantly publishing a new story or chapter, like right now, a Fluttery ship.
I'm mainly writing, because I started out writing, as a means to deal with thoughts from time to time.
Why allow the thoughts preventing me from sleep?

I've come to love and enjoy the FiM site, because of the feedback I get here, as opposed to Mibba.

so this is develloping into a ship? :pinkiegasp: should still be enjoyable.

If you're talking about what I said, I also said this was an idea and I probably wouldn't get around to writing it. After all I came up with it nearly a year ago now and still don't have anything... :rainbowwild:

Maybe some day... maybe some day.

3142412 what part of the story is still sticking o your mind, since you obviously did recall enough to mentioning it? You do put up notes when you get something?

My story is still going forwards, just no ships included, at least no such ships. just the stasr ships.

maybe I could help you with going there?

3142455 Oh I remember pretty much the whole thing, I have a good memory and it's originally from a lucid dream I had, and still often continue because I like it.

It's all a matter of laziness on my part.

if it is merely/marely lazyness, just use the boring moments of waiting, write a few minutes each time, and you wouldn't even notice you're working on the story?

If it is merely/marely lazyness on your part, why not just write a few minutes every now and then?
just when you're not doing any better, or are getting bored?
then you've have the story before you evn know it, not even noticing how much you've put into it?

3136225 That sounds like a great fic idea, wouldn't mind reading it if you get around to wrighting it.

3142758 You underestimate the power of procrastination. :moustache:

3146619 Don't get your hopes up. :rainbowlaugh:

3150827 I do? please elaborate?

I guess I didn't have much of it. though a few words of elaboration would cast ample light of the situation?

3146619 now we sit back, waiting, or you need moe encouragement in order to get this going?

3150888 Procrastination means I keep saying to myself *I'll do it later, or I'll do it tomorrow* something along those terms, I keep putting it off.

And never actually get to it.

After all, the definition of Tomorrow according to Procrastinators Unite is: "tomorrow, noun; a mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored." :rainbowlaugh:

3150981 in this case, Pinkie Pie must be living in the future?

3151057 Nah, the definition says "human" besides there's still that 1% for everyone else. :rainbowwild:

Besides it's more a case of another dimension than being in the future.

Comment posted by Paddle Steamer deleted Mar 26th, 2014

3151069 ah yeah, these poor pesky humans.

Pinkie Pie isn't a human, so she can be where and when ever it pleases her, which we've seen ample prof o f her doing too.

We need to explore her more fully, aside from the small samples, and her sister maud, and the Grany Pie, who apparently taught her some great wisdom?

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 193