Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,768 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 3268 )
  • Viewing 3,101 - 3,150 of 3,268

[Gimme a sec.]

Clash looked at the art supplies in front of him. With nothing to do, he might as well occupy himself. He took the pencil in his magic and sketched a little pegasus filly. He smiled at his decently made drawing.

"Not bad for five minutes of work."

751486 The pegasus filly came to life and looked at it's creator. "Daddy?" she asked in a cute voice

Clash's eyes widened. "You... You're alive...." Clash grabs some paint and paints the filly sky blue, her eyes green, and her mane gold. He wrote her name at the top of the paper.

Golden Dawn

He smiled at his finished creation.

"My sweet Golden Dawn.... Daddy's here." He wondered what would happen if he drew something else. He drew a little brown puppy next to Golden Dawn.

751549 The puppy came to life and ran around Golden Dawn. "Puppy! Can I keep him? Can I keep him?" she asked.

Clash nodded. "Of course." Clash set the drawing of Golden Dawn aside and grabbed a new sheet of paper. He decided to draw what he pictured his mother to look like. A unicorn mare with a straight flowing mane. He did not add color yet.

"Hello?" He asked the drawing tentatively.

751609 The mare yawned as she stretched to life. "Hello Clash. You've been confused lately, haven't you." the mare asked with concern.

Clash nodded. "Yes, I have. I... I need some guidance, and I don't know where to look."

After a pause, he asked "Where... where are we?"

751764 "This is a personal heaven. You create what you desire here. But it is not ready for you... yet." the mare walked up to Clash. "You need to know what is wrong and what is right for yourself. What is it that you truly want?"

Clash bowed his head and closed his eyes. "I.... want a mother and father, and a childhood in a loving family."

That's what I want..... right?

752056 "And how do you plan on getting all of that? By drawing them to life?" the mother scolded.

"That's not how life works, daddy." the filly stated with a bit of sadness.

The puppy whimpered and it's ears dropped

Clash felt a tear run down his cheek. His voice was quiet, and sad. His hat hid his eyes.

".... I know. I can draw, and I can wish....... but that won't make it real. I can't change the past." Clash hung his head in defeat.

752124 The mother lifted Clash's head and wiped the tears off. "The past is gone. Just because the past says you can't have a family doesn't mean you can't have one in the future."

The filly ran up to Clash with a piece of paper, "Daddy, look! Mommy and me are happy with you!" the Dawn held the picture up. On one side was an ash color wrath demon with a pinkish lust demon cradling a little demon filly. On the other side was a normal looking family with Clash and Comet as the parents and Dawn as the daughter.

The mother laughed, "Quite the mare you have."

Clash looked at the drawing. "I want this...." He put his hoof on the normal side. ".... And she wants this." He moved his hoof onto the demonic version of the drawing. "I love her, but she wants me to do something that I think is wrong..."

752270 "You're looking at two versions of the same picture." the mare spoke sagely, "Is there a real difference between both sides? They're the same image, just different views."

Clash sighed. "I..... I can't stand being a demon. They have no sense of morality. Or, if they do, it's twisted beyond repair."

Is this another test?

752350 ((eeyup :eeyup:))

"If you go against her innocent demons suffer. If you go with her innocent mortals suffer. Demons at least have a chance at redemption. Mortals are fixed on the path they choose." the mare, filly, and puppy stood in a line. "Do you want to be the only thing in the picture?"

Clash sighed. "If it means I don't hurt anyone..... then I will bear the burden of loneliness. I don't want to be alone, but if not being alone means that I end up ruining someone else's life, I don't want it."

752387 The three living drawings facehoofed (facepawed in the case of the puppy). "Doing nothing does more harm than doing anything! If you do nothing you not only harm all innocents you also harm the ones you loved!" The picture melted away and in it's place was an image of a single stallion in the middle of a graveyard. His eyes were drenched in tears. "There are lesser of two evils, even if it's on an evil side. Do nothing and you harm everyone. Save the mortals and you harm your family. Help the demons and you harm the mortals. No matter what you decide, someone will be harmed."

Clash looked up at the drawing. "Someone will be harmed. No matter what I do....."

He looked at the three living drawings. "If I help the mortals, I would lose my family. My fathers, my lover. If I help the demons, I keep my family."

He closed his eyes. "It's so easy to choose to help the demons..... So what is holding me back?"

{A paperclip with eyes appeared next to Clash. "It looks like you're trying to make a moral decision. Want some help?"} ((I've been wanting to type that in for a while :rainbowlaugh:))

"Your guilt over harming others blinds you to who you harm when you don't act. If you hadn't killed those greed demons in that bar, would your fathers have nice mares to be with? If you never harmed anyone before and lived as a hermit, would you have met Comet? If you didn't kill to save others, would they be alive to thank you?"

Clash sighs. "You're right. But.... those times felt different. I wanted to kill them. They deserved it."

Clash draws himself a chair and sits down, resting his head in his hooves. "I.... I'm so confused.... What am I supposed to do?"

752775 "Do they deserve death? Or do you think they deserved it?" the mare asked.

"Mommy was pretty bad but she made up for it." the filly stated. "If you love her so much shouldn't you stay with her?"

Clash looked up at the mare. "I... Is their death my judgement to make? If not mine, then who?"

He turned to the filly. "I want to stay with her, I do. But.... She's so comfortable with just killing whoever is in her way, and I'm not."

752878 "Let's make a hypothetical story. Imagine there's a mare that stole from everyone. She does not care who suffers from her stealing and enjoys taking what is not hers to take. Then a stallion sees her stealing. He grabs an axe and swings it near her. A noble guard sees the stallion swing the axe and kills him, thinking he was attempting murder. The mare then lives out her life stealing and is never caught. The town looses it's economic hold because of her constant thefts and they soon find themselves poor and broken down. All of that because a guard thought the stallion deserved to die. He never got a reason why the stallion acted the way he did, he just decided to kill him." the mare stated.

The filly looked Clash in the eye, "Life is precious not matter who or what you kill. Mommy may not see it that way but it's not too late for her to learn."

Clash felt even more confused. "I.... I know life is precious.... But does that make it wrong to kill if I'm protecting my family? I..... I........."

Clash leaned back and asked the question that had been burning in his mind.

"Why am I here?"

752967 "You should've asked that in the first place!" the mare shouted, "You could've stopped killing a long time ago but you didn't. You could've left Comet and moved on to a different mare but you didn't. You could've not be a demon but you stayed the same." she trotted up to Clash and pulled him out of the chair "You're here because you want to. You're here because you don't have anywhere else to go. Maybe, deep down, this is where you belong. Maybe this is what you deserve. Killing is wrong, yes, but that doesn't mean you don't have to not kill. You want a nice mare and a child and the only way you can get that is if you kill. So tell me Clash. Why are you here?"

Clash closed his eyes. "Does it matter why I'm here? I'm here. Isn't that what matters?"

753113 "If you don't care why or who you are here for. Then you'll remain here forever."

Clash looked around. "Doesn't sound like a bad option." He sits back down and sighs.

"I'm done. I just want a straight a straight answer from someone. I seriously don't understand why I'm here or what I'm supposed to do."

[No, seriously, I don't understand.:derpytongue2:]

753155 "You're here to realize what you want. You've told us what you want. A family." the mare sighed in defeat. "You're as stubborn as your fathers." she took the pencil and drew a circle. "There, look."

The filly ran to the circle with joy, "Daddy, daddy! It's mommy!" the circle that was drawn was in fact a window to hell, where Comet was. She was in a hospital, in the middle of giving birth. "I have to go daddy! Please don't leave me and mommy." she frowned before jumping into the window, disappearing.

The mare smiled "That's what you wanted. That is why you kill. That is why you are here." she pointed through the window "You are here to fight for the ones you love."

Clash's eyes widened. He put his hoof up to the window, staring into the room.

"I.... I need to be there. I'm a father and a husband. I need to be there." Clash grinned. It all made sense now.

"I have a family, and it is my duty to protect them." He turned to the mare. "I may have never had a mother's love, but I will not deny a father's love from my child. I need to get to my wife."

754049 The mare smiled and nodded. "Then go. Jump through that window and you'll appear next to your wife's side."

Clash leaped through the window, finding himself in the hospital room. He ran over and gripped Comet's hoof.

"I'm here, sweetie. I'm here."

754168 "Where the hell have you been? You've been gone for 9 months!" Comet would've yelled louder but the morphine made her sleepy. She held her new born foal up to let Clash see, "It's a filly." she smiled "I was thinking of a good name. Something like Gold or Golden. Just to match her hair."

Clash nuzzled Comet. "I'm sorry. I needed some time." He took the filly in his arms, and smiled at the little face. He pulled the blanket's corner back to see a pair of tiny wings. He nuzzled his child.

"How about..... Golden Dawn?"

754384 ((sorry, I was at work))

"It's perfect!" Comet smiled. "Our little Golden Dawn!"

Clash laid his daughter on his wife's chest. "I love you so much, Comet." He leaned in and kissed Comet before turning to the doctor. "How long is Comet supposed to stay in the hospital?"

[Are they in the mortal realm or demonic realm?]

755996 ((demon realm.))

The doctor turned looking at a clipboard. "She's suppose to stay for a few more days but if she gets enough rest she'll be out by tomorrow. Depends on if she feels better or not."

Clash nuzzled Comet and Dawn. "Well, if there's another bed I can borrow, I plan to stay here with her until she checks out, if that's alright with you."

756070 The doctor pointed to a chair. "It's fine if you stay but the beds are for patients only. We catch you in a bed and we'll throw you in a fire pit." the doctor threatened.

Comet cradled Dawn. "Thank you for staying Clash. But you don't have to if you don't want."

Clash kissed Comet's cheek. "Of course I'm gonna stay." Clash sat down in the chair, leaning back and letting his hat fall over his eyes.

756111 Comet smiled and fell asleep with her child in her arms. Hopefully tomorrow she'll experience what it's like to be a mother.

((Since Clash is back to hell, should he get that sin back? Or is he still purified? [which would put a huge loophole in the contract he signed]))

[Well, until someone notices and tries to put the sin back in him, he's still purified.]

The next morning...

Clash was still sleeping in the chair next to his wife's bed.

756183 The foal started crying and woke Comet up. "Ah! What the hell? What's wrong? Are you hungry? Clash! Clash, wake up!"

Clash woke with a start. He got up and picked up Dawn in his arms. He looked down at her diaper.

Clean, thankfully.

"Honey, I think she's hungry." He rests Dawn on Comet's lap.

756247 "Um... What do demon babies eat? Can you get a doctor?"

Clash just blushed. "Um.... I think you're supposed to let her... well..."

756254 Comet glared at Clash. "I'm not going there! Get me a bottle or something!"

Clash just sighed and checked the cart next to the bed. Thankfully, there was a bottle of formula. He gave it to Comet. "Here, try this."

• Viewing 3,101 - 3,150 of 3,268