Pokémon Fics 1,669 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Remember when I said E3 would be awesome this year for Nintendo?

I was right.

Hello one and all to another Pokemon Discussion thread! I'm your host, Kamek, and today we're talking about the brand new stuff that just dropped on us a few hours ago! Now, obviously, there is already a thread for this made by the fabulous Metroid Prime, and you can see his thread by clicking the link here. However, I felt it would be okay to tell you some of my personal thoughts on the Pokemon news! So check his thing out first, then come back here and let's talk about stuff!

We good?

Okay, now that you saw that, let's begin!

New Pokemon!

Three, to my knowledge, new Pokemon were revealed to us during the stream. Below is a picture of them. They are Yangoos, Pikipek, and Grubbin. Yangoos is the toothy-looking one, Pikipek is the bird we saw AGES ago, and Grubbin is... the grub. All of them look like Pokemon, thank god, but more importantly they look truly new. I mean, yeah, we've had birds and mammals before, but can't remember there being an actual, literal grub Pokemon.

I'll now tell you the in-depth info on these three Pokemon:

Pikipek
Catagory: Woodpecker Pokemon
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye / Skill Link
Height: 1'00"
Weight: 2.6lbs

Yangoos
Catagory: Loitering Pokemon
Type: Normal
Ability: Stakeout / Strong Jaw
Height: 1'04"
Weight: 13.2lbs

Grubbin
Catagory: ???
Type: Bug
Ability: Swarm
Height: ???
Weight: ???

That's all the info I could dig up about them.

But what I'm interested about is Yangoos's ability Stakeout. What does it do? Is it secretly a really good ability or does it do absolutely nothing? There really is only one way to find out, and that's to wait and see. But I want to hear your thoughts on it! What do you think the ability "Stakeout" does?

Finally, Magearna's ability was revealed in the form of Soul-Heart, which raises its special attack when an ally faints. Maybe Magearna isn't the nicest Pokemon around, now that I've had a chance to think about it...

New Battle Mode!

Battle Royal has been added to Pokemon for an all new way to have some fun! Or get angry; either, really. Apologies for the small picture, but it was the only one I could find that had a nice shot of the arena.

Unlike most people, I'm always down for new battle modes. When Triple and Rotation battles were introduced, I was probably one of... I dunno, five people who actually liked it. Even now people say it was unnecessary. While I agree the modes were technically unnecessary, they did add something new to the table that we could experiment on.

But now we have Battle Royal, which I think will be a fun mess!

I say "Mess" like I'm not going to like it, but I mean "Mess" in the sense I think it'll be absolutely ludicrous fun to play around with. I mean, four trainers ALL going against each other? That's nuts! I love it! Imagine all the fun friends will have together!

Unfortunately I have no friends, so... boo...

Nevertheless, I love this new addition to the Pokemon battle modes. Also, I have a theory about the location! The livestream mentioned something called "The Battle Dome". I think this might be the man-made island in the center acting more or less like a Battle Frontier. That, or it actually is the Pokemon League. Or... what if it's both? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below; I'd love to hear your thoughts on both the new mode and the man-made island.

New Types!

Nah, just kidding. I think we're done with new types for now. :rainbowlaugh:

If it's any consolation, I want to talk about the types of the starter Pokemon, specifically Popplio. But Rowlet and Litten we can talk about too. There is a chance that Rowlet could become a Grass/Ground-type, as some species of owls stick to the ground to hunt. Litten could remain a mono Fire-type, but there's still the chance of Fire/Dark and Fire/Poison. Just please... no more Fire/Fighting...

But Popplio... Here's where it gets good.

During the battle with Hau, I never noticed this before but Popplio has Disarming Voice, which is a Fairy-type move. This obviously doesn't mean his type is set in stone, but this does lead to what his type COULD be. There's still the popular theory that Popplio could become a Water/Fighting-type, which would be awesome, but I think there's also the chance of him becoming a Water/Psychic-type, or a Water/Fairy-type. Again, not set it stone, but still curious.

What do you think their types are gonna be?

Who or what is Tapu Koko?

This is something I KNOW no one has brought up yet. Who or what the hell is Tapu Koko?

Hala mentions it just before and after the festival battle, but it leaves me asking what the heck could it be? My theory is that each of the four islands, this island I assume is called Melemele as Hala mentioned THAT as well, has a legendary Pokemon guarding over it. This island's Pokemon guardian is called Tapu Koko.

Or if it's not a Pokemon then... what could it be? I would assume its a Pokemon due to every deity in the Pokemon world being... well... a Pokemon. But that would be interesting if it was just a holy symbol of the island.

What do you guys think?

Well, that about wraps it up for me!

Again, be sure to discuss everything in the comments below, and I look forward to seeing what you say. Until next time, this is SuperKamek signing off!

...oh, and I think Grubbin is the cutest thing ever.

Next to Joltik, of course.

I'm just going to link to my comment in another thread for my opinions about the new Pokemon.

When Triple and Rotation battles were introduced, I was probably one of... I dunno, five people who actually liked it.

...I liked them, as well.

I mean, four trainers ALL going against each other? That's nuts! I love it! Imagine all the fun friends will have together!

I'm imagining all the friendships that will come to an end because people kept ganging up on one guy. :trollestia:

Regarding your question of what types I think the starters will end up being: The supposed leak seems like a solid enough theory for me to roll with it until real confirmation actually comes around. Plus, I like the little bit of trivia I provided in another of your threads from about a month ago if that turns out to be true. :scootangel:

5296214 i'll be your friend
(Once i get my 3ds back :3)

5296214 I hope Battle Royal gets used more than Rotation Battle, Triple Battle, and Inverse Battle were used. When we got Double Battle back in Gen 3, they made sure it popped up often. Heck, Emerald had it so that you could get into double battles with two individual trainers if both caught your eye at the same time.

Battle Royale...? Did I hear... Earthquake?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5