The Harmonic Council 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 200 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 200
BronyRex
Group Admin

Because aparently you can't have more than 200 visible coments per thread.

AimBot
Group Admin

Oh yes, that really got at a few pals over in a different group... It took us a few days to figure it out.

AimBot
Group Admin

I'm here! Where's the party?

... Am I... Alone?!:fluttershysad::fluttershysad::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch::fluttershbad::fluttershbad:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370188 Okay so flags? Any Ideas? Also Stryker, I know you will get here eventually, how do you do your templates?

AimBot
Group Admin

370818 For flags... I don't know why, but I was thinking it be a flag that is thinner on the sides, and lengthy. I don't know the proper word for it, but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

AimBot
Group Admin

370818 Here, this may clear it up a bit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_types.svg

Flag 5a

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370818 I do several for the same armor scheme so as to get an all around view. And I just use Rarity's ponyquiens as my templates. :twilightblush:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370822>>370823 Ohhh, that kind of flag. I think that type flag would work perfect with your earlier idea.

AimBot
Group Admin

370826>>370823 I don't know why, but I just love the idea of vertical flags. Even more so when I've got the idea of "flag-bearer" stuck in my head. Stryker, your thoughts on the flag?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370823 I never thought of using those. Do you print them out and then put your sketchs on them? 370822 I guess you can expect progress now, just not too quick.

AimBot
Group Admin

370828 Oh, don't worry about it. I understand that we've been taking a bit of a toll on you, and I'm sure you've got other matters that need more attention. Don't kill yourself on this stuff man, we've got plenty of time (the way my lazy flank is working, maybe even more than plenty).

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370827 I like vertical flags too. I don't know why either. But with Equestrian culture I think a vertical flag works better anyway.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370828 Nah, I use a pen and just make broad sweeps to make a general pony shape, then get a pencil to draw the armor. It's actually a lot easier than you think. Unfortunately, progress is pretty slow due to the fact that I'm such a lazy bastard. :twilightsheepish:

370827 So awesome. If we have flag bearers (and we most certainly will) then that is definitely the flag to use. Plus, I like that 5a better than the rest of them. Flagpoles using that would be so cool to see in the civilian world.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370829 Oh trust me I won't be taking a toll on my self until winter comes and swimming starts. That's when I will have to try to balance things.

AimBot
Group Admin

370830 Who doesn't like vertical flags? Wait, have we seen flagpoles in Equestria? I'm not too sure on that... :applejackconfused:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370834 Their in Hearths Warming Eve, I think. 370832 And yes, we will most definitely have flag bears.

AimBot
Group Admin

370832 I've seen the same flag-style be used in games. I think the opening screen in Warcraft 3 is a ragged vertical flag blowing in the wind...

370833 Anyhow. Glad we all agree on at least the shape of the flag. That's a good starting point, no?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370841 Yes. An excellent starting point. I'm still not sure about using the Magistrate's Seal. I'm not sure if they would approve of it. But also it is ripe with symbolism as I planned is a good representation of the Council and the Magistrates.

Edit: Arrgh sometimes I really need to slow down when I type these. I meant it is ripe with symbolism just as I planned, and that it came out as a good symbol of both the Magistrates and the Council.

AimBot
Group Admin

370847>>370832 Hmm.... The Magistrates don't really like their publicity... So, if they refuse to use their seal as a flag, maybe something involving Ponyville or pony-kind as a whole, like a horseshoe? We should establish a basic idea and then add details, I suppose...

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370841 Sure is! So the vertical flag is the official flag shape. :twilightsmile:

But what's going to be the flag design? :applejackunsure:

EDIT: Curse my slow internet. Anyway, I think some kind of universal pony symbol would be best for the flag. The Elements seal would be just on their ceremonial armor/garb and on official documents.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370852>>370850 Aimbot was thinking of using the Magistrates seal, but I am not sure for several reasons.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370855 I think the seal would be best if it was just used for official documentation and on their ceremonial armor/clothing when they have to wear it.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370856 That's one of the reasons I didn't think it was a good idea.

AimBot
Group Admin

370852>>370855 Yes, a universal symbol for ponies seems like a good idea. The Council works for the best of ponykind, no? So... A horseshoe? An apple? The head of an armored pony? No, that one's too aggressive...

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370858 Wait, so what I just said was bad? Or good? :unsuresweetie:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370863 I was saying that was one of the reasons I didn't think it would be right on the flag. 370859 Normally, an Alicorn would be perfect for this as they represent harmony between the three races, but considering the situation in this case, it wouldn't be right.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370865 Oh. So it would be okay on docs and ceremonial garb?

And how about the three pony races all looking at the center? Maybe a ying-yang symbol? 370859

AimBot
Group Admin

370865>>370863 Hmm... Quite a predicament we have here. Er, perhaps a horseshoe, and an olive branch and sword crossing behind it? Or am I getting to close to a coat-of-arms?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370869 Yeah, it fine to use on documents from the Magistrates, and that depends on what the garb is for and who it is for. And possibly.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370872 I think that is more of a Coat-of-Arms.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370872>>370873 That does sound a bit middle ages esque. Lets try to avoid including some kind of military symbol on the flag.

AimBot
Group Admin

370875>>370876 Alright. On Stryker's idea... How would we fit all three races onto a flag? Especially a vertical flag, which restricts space a bit.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370877 I could make a poorly drawn diagram, but I couldn't share it on here. It all just a matter of spacing really.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370877>>370875 How about we have them lined up vertically? Like, pegasus on top, earth pony in the middle, and unicorn on the bottom?

AimBot
Group Admin

370882>>370881 So, they'd basically be silhouetted forms of the ponies, right? This is an idea that seems worth expanding on.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370884 Yeah, same way the original Equestrian flag had silhouetted forms of the princesses.370881

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370886 That sounds good to me. Also you have to send me a pic of your template so I can get an idea in my mind.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370888 Okay, I'll get around to it when I don't feel like collapsing in exhaustion.

Try going 3 days with only 5 hours of sleep. It does wonders!

*zzzzzzz* :ajsleepy:

In all seriousness though, I'll send you a pic of a template as soon as possible. :twilightsmile:

AimBot
Group Admin

370886>>370888 Alright gents, I'm hittin' the hay. Nice chattin' with ya, we should really do it again sometime. :trollestia: Stay awesome guys. :twilightsheepish:

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370893>>370888 You know, sleep doesn't sound too bad at this point. I'll probably turn in soon as well.

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370895>>370893 Darn you both beat me to posting. Well good night General Stryker. Good Night AimBot. I have to get to bed if I plan on catching MLP on the Hub in the morning.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370898 New episode or just a rerun?

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370900 I think we would all be bed if a new episode was airing. :ajsleepy: Alas season 3 has been delayed until December.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370903 Well, even if there was an episode tmw, I'd still stay up. I use youtube or the bronynet ponyplayer to watch MLP. :pinkiehappy:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370905 I usually download an episode or two from youtube but lately I have just been watching it on the Hub

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370907 Did you hear about how Lauren isn't going to be working on MLP anymore? I heard it recently and got all sad. I still hope the team carries on with her vision though. I love this show and the community. They've done so much for me. :heart:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

370908 I knew sometime during season 2 she became a consulting producer, but I didn't hear that she was going to stop completely. She will be missed, but her spirit will be carried on in the show. I feel the same, this show helped me though a sensitive time.

Stryker12324
Group Contributor

370912 Yeah, I hope she at least advises the staff.

Okay, now I really need to hit the hay. Good night and nice talking to you. :twilightsmile:

*zzzzzzz* :ajsleepy:

AimBot
Group Admin

For the post thing. In the Colors page. :fluttershysad:

Innate Enigma
Group Contributor

371417 Its okay, I just want to hear everyone's opinion for once but they just don't seem to respond when I ask.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 200