Followers of Discord 3,185 members · 2,756 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I have a decent idea for a fic, but I don't have many of the details down. I would like to have someone help me with the writing of the fic.
I am mainly looking for someone to bounce ideas back and forth, as well as assist writing it. I am able to double as an editor.

The idea:
-Nightmare Moon created a summoning circle in the crystal caverns under Canterlot, foreseeing banishment to the moon 1000 years before present. It is supposed to summon a being made of shadow. When she returns 1000 years later, she is cleansed before she has the chance to summon it. Later on, when Discord is freed, he finds the circle and summons the shadow in an attempt to keep the Elements busy. Because the being summoned is loyal to NMM, it opposes Discord, who thought the shadow would be loyal to the summoner. He panics and forces the being into one of the crystals in the cave. When Discord is imprisoned again, the shadow is brought with him, as it is bound to his magic. The shadow, being stuck inside of Discord's mind in the statue, ends up having to work with him to keep his sanity.

Plot and other things can be discussed.

I would have to read it first.

Essentially, yes. The idea is that Discord's and the shadow's life forces become bound together.

They end up sharing a mind, but not body. However, if one dies, so does the other.

If it was already written, why would I need a co-author?

I need ideas and help writing it before anything is posted.

Comment posted by Captain Dusty deleted Dec 7th, 2013

I was thinking of having multiple acts. The first act would be going over the past, character development, and coming to terms with what is going on.
I was thinking of Discord having a slow personality shift from chaotic-evil to chaotic neutral over time. The shadow would be a lawful-neutral. The morality would shift based on the situation and the time.

That is so one or the other doesn't become too OP, allows character development, and can be a major plot point.

The two also would have to stay somewhat close or their mind starts to degrade

*edit due to autocorrect on iPhone

2327150 I'll help you if you don't have anybody to help

I was thinking of the shadow being trapped in the statue with Discord for most if the first act. That way, the co-author and I am able to work on the past, building the personalities, etc. The two would be freed later on, so as to keep up with canon. I was thinking that we would be able to have the two do some other things between "Keep calm and Flutter On" and the season 4 premier. I won't give anymore potential plot away unless we can talk in Skype or something in private (don't want too many spoilers)

If you want to, just reply to this comment saying you want to and I will pm you my skype name

I would really like you to be the co-author. You have a ton of good ideas, and seem like a good partner.

Pm sent.

This thread will remain open in case something happens.

After reading all of that, I don't understand the purpose of this story idea. Why do you want this thing attached to Discord's mind? You said to keep him sane, while imprisoned, but what is the goal of the plot overall? To remove it from Discord? To give him a friend? To have him trying to learn cooperation? :fluttershysad:

2327469>>2327426

It may or may not be like Harry's relationship with Voldemort in the books just a little more extreme. (confirmation would be nice)

kinda... but like... if Voldy wanted to help n stuff then they might have been friends and Harold could have used the pain (it means your learning) as a locator... but both Discord and the shadowy dude would have it... but be like bound to their lives... so... not at all like Harry Potter. I guess your right. Meh

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18