• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 467 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria and the Mysterious Stones - LunicStream1105



When a portal opens around Altamare three years after, creatures not before seen emerge.

  • ...
3
 4
 467

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria and the Mysterious Stones-Chapter 77

Chapter 77: Into Town


Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, JetStream started their way toward Altamare, where they would clear up more spheres than just at JetStream's house as they hoped, "You know what I don't get?" Knuckles's attitude kicked back in.

"...?" Sonic and Tails looked at each other in a way.

"Why aren't we running up there? ..." JetStream looked up to Knuckles, but didn't say a word, "... I mean, come on the town's right in front of us." Sonic shrugged while he looked at Tails.

"Eh, I guess there's nothing to worry about." Tails nodded.

"Exactly, there's no immediate danger, so what's the rush?" JetStream hesitated to take a step ahead of them.

"Because probably my Mom and Dad are waiting for me near the Bell Tower." Tails noticed he trotted past him, he was about to grab his tail on impulse, but spoke instead.

"Wait, JetStream..." he stopped and looked at Tails, as did Knuckles. He sighed.

"Why don't you two go ahead then..." Sonic shrugged along with Tails. Knuckles nodded.

"Great..." Knuckles started to jog ahead.

"When you said we're clearing these, I thought you meant it." JetStream heard footsteps, and looked up.

"... Oh! Wait up Knuckles!" he gained a smile on his face. As Knuckles finally entered a major part of the city, he turned around. But JetStream went the other direction instead.

"Where are you going?" Knuckles asked, JetStream stopped instantly.

"We're splitting up." JetStream turned back around instantly.

"Gotchya." he gave a thumbs up in his way. Near the center of Altamare, the city looks like a crop circle with its tiny alleyways. JetStream started to turn left and Knuckles went right. JetStream rose his neck as high as he could.

"Now if only I could see the tallest buildings..." he even jumped to get a better advantage point, "Could they already brang out a well amount of grey spheres already?" JetStream slowed down as he thought of this, only until he realized there was one just down the path he was on, it was wedged between the building and the road, as if ponies were trying to escape, but failed.

"Alright, here I go." JetStream paced himself toward this building. As he did he started to glow. He passed alleyways as he went, but as soon as he was approaching a certain one, JetStream's Aura shifted, making him go off balance from feeling it suddenly. Unfortunately he was going a little too fast, and that shift he felt was somewhere in the alley, he tried to stop himself but he wouldn't slow down to his liking, he heard the voice of a pony down there, and it was coming closer.

"There. You. Are!" on the last word he was able to take JetStream down, his voice sounded desperate and sudden. Making them both slide away from the alley with an audible grunt. Twister without warning sent his hoofs straight up, he was ready to hit whatever this could've been. JetStream lying right below Twister, quickly opened his eyes, but it was hard to keep them open with the sun gleaming on him, but they suddenly opened up all the way in realization.

"Twister?" he asked looking directly up at Twister, his forelegs still in a "U" shape. Twister opened his eyes.

"JetStream...?" he looked around, JetStream breathed out of his nose because of Twister's ignorance.

"Down here..." JetStream's expression was at a smile, "... Why did you tackle me?" he was making sure no dust got in his mouth. His eyes opened in realization.

"Oh! Sorry..." Twister backed up so JetStream could stand back up. And dusted himself off, "Well, after the Time Eater left, one of its shots missed me..." he sighed and looked up toward the sky, holding a hoof over his eyes, "I went through the entire city, hoping to find anypony else who has somehow escaped those things..." he looked back at JetStream, "And especially for you, JetStream. But by the time I did search the city, you were nowhere to be found." he started to slump, JetStream reacted in a way he would usually, he stepped next to Twister, and wrapped his foresight hoof around Twister.

"Don't worry... I'm obviously here now. And getting rid of those..." JetStream pointed to the left of them, Twister looked left as well, "The grey spheres, is our priority." Twister's neck went back up from its slump and looked at the ground.

"Wait, ours?" he said the final word looking at JetStream let go of his hoof around his neck, "Yeah, my parents, and from before, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are here as well." Twister still looked confused at those names, "The ones at which you thought were brain-washing me..." Twister tapped his chin as it came back.

"Oh, right." JetStream sighed a smile.

"Lets go, there are ponies that might be trapped in there." JetStream went for the building.

"Right..." Twister sounded lost, but he continued right after JetStream, but not necessarily at the same pace.


~~~Chapter End~~~

PreviousChapters Next