• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 466 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria and the Mysterious Stones - LunicStream1105



When a portal opens around Altamare three years after, creatures not before seen emerge.

  • ...
3
 4
 466

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria and the Mysterious Stones-Chapter 68

Chapter 68: What about the Princess!?


He slipped off the edge of the bridge where he flipped backwards, the next thing he saw was the sun striking his eyes. He thought to himself as his mouth was slightly open, the sun seems more yellow than I have ever seen it before. Knuckles and Tails gasped, Knuckles rushed forward, "It doesn't matter now!" he grabbed Tails's arm as he ran toward the bridge, hoping Celestia wouldn't even look at them. As soon as they reached outside Knuckles jumped over the barrier, they fell faster and faster as time passed, he looked at Tails, "You ready?" he nodded his head.

"Yes." Knuckles grabbed Tails's hand tighter, pulled back and threw him straight down. JetStream's mane, tail and fur were going crazy in the winds as he accelerated toward the ground below. At first it was uneasy breathing, then it got worse as he was blacking out. It all then stopped the panic as he stopped breathing and shut his eyes as he was unconscious. After just a few seconds Tails started to doubt himself, 'I'm not going to make it! I don't have enough speed...' despite the thoughts he decided to go further anyway. He gave the fatal decision to change his pose which made him fall faster. Right after JetStream passed out, he started having visions that seemed all too familiar to him...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Is that, me..?' a vision disappeared to another, 'Hey... that's the first time I ever took a step... what's going on?' that one passed quicker than the last as another appeared, '... That, was my first walk around Altamare...' the scenes made him hit sudden realization, 'This is past events of my life... how am I able to see these so clearly, than ever before?' then came one scene where he was walking along a path near the top of a hill, 'Hey, that's when I fell down the hill. Now that was some time before I ended up in Canterlot...' to him it was now obvious as to what he was seeing, but after that one passed the others suddenly went by much quicker than before, JetStream couldn't even talk as how fast they were moving, when suddenly it brought JetStream to just moments ago, on the bridge, 'What? But this just happened...' the vision looked down at the ground and went black again, JetStream mentally sighed, but before he knew it, another vision, the vision looked right where Tails suddenly showed up, 'What!?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tails!?" JetStream jerked as Tails grabbed him from falling. Tails had a hold of him by his stomach, soon after, JetStream looked at him, "Tails... I'm not..." his eyes stayed wide open for a while. Even though, it looked like Tails was struggling, "You can bring me down if you need." he gave a sigh of relief.

"Thanks."

"Thank you, Tails. And don't say anything more about it." although Tails knew JetStream's weight would make it difficult, it wasn't much, but a couple muscles would've been pulled if he went for any longer. After a pause, JetStream tried to look back up, "Wait, what about, Celestia?" Tails suddenly realized as well.

"You're right." he replied just as he landed softly on the ground, Tails removed from where his hands were and looked up, "And I don't see, Knuckles anywhere..."

"Do you think he could possibly hold Celestia from falling even as fast as I did? Or at the least... from hitting the ground really, really hard..."

"I don't know, but I got a feeling that Knuckles could do it, he has been the powerhouse of us three..." JetStream shrugged and nodded all at once.

"That is true... but Celestia is half metal right now, there's no saying how heavy she could be..." Tails nodded, knowing it was no time to be modest.

"And I do say that's true..." JetStream's expression grew worried over time.

"But you know, we will have to do something..." JetStream's suggested, even though he knew he can't fly. As JetStream looked toward the ground, the loudest crack, was heard from the bridge, louder than what JetStream heard, and he wasn't on it at the time.

"JetStream, look!" he pointed toward the top. He quickly looked up.

"Hey, there's Knuckles!" Tails sighed in relief.

"Alright, it looked like he knew it was bound to happen..." Tails stated as Knuckles was on the bottom, trying to fly up to slow down Celestia's fall. JetStream stared in wonder, when all of a sudden his Aura shifted once more. He turned to Tails.

"Tails, I think Knuckles needs your help."

"It wouldn't hurt to." he agreed and jumped to the air as his tails began to twirl. JetStream grit his teeth in worry, but was soon derailed of his train of thought when he remembered the vision of Tails appearing to his rescue.

'Was that my actual eyesight? ... Or was that a look into the future...?' what made it disputable was that it had to be a vision, it was the moment his life "flashed before his eyes" and that is what he saw, a moment of his life that flashed before his two eyes, that didn't even happen until he gained his consciousness back. But after that, he continued to look up, give hope, luck, and wait...


~~~Chapter End~~~

PreviousChapters Next