• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 467 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria and the Mysterious Stones - LunicStream1105



When a portal opens around Altamare three years after, creatures not before seen emerge.

  • ...
3
 4
 467

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria and the Mysterious Stones-Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Things of a"maze"ing proportions!


The fields were never ending, shining it's green stained red due to the evening sun as Sonic ran with Tails flying his Tornado-1 beside him, this is what Sonic loved about Mobius, its endless landscapes, his rubber having a continuous beat to the ground, and Tails having the cyan Chaos Emerald to power his plane. The sky was filled with blue, until something appeared on the horizon, "Hey, Tails, what do you think that could be?" he squinted.

"Well, it sums up to be a certain arrangement of hedges..." Sonic sighed.

"So it's a maze then." Tails nodded, giving him a false smile. They decided to approach this obstacle, and stopped at the entrance. Sonic scratched his head.

"This thing seems to go forever..." Sonic dashed to the left, parallel to the maze and was gone in an instant, then turned back and stopped before Tails, "Yeah, like I said." Sonic shrugged. Tails shrugged in response.

"Oh well, I guess we're going to have to go through this." Sonic bent down in annoyance.

"Are you sure? Couldn't you jus-" Tails waved his index finger.

"Now, now. That could ruin it." you could tell by the look on Tails's face that he knew he was getting the better of him, Sonic sighed roughly and mentally agreed. In front of them were two buttons, it was already assumed that one opens the start, and the other could be anything but the right button.

"So, Tails, which one should we choose?" Tails gave it a good minute, Sonic was already getting impatient.

"I'm thinking we should go for the right." Sonic walked to the right button, and pushed it in. The next thing happening was the door to the start opened, they gave each other a high-five.

"Nice going, Tails." they both entered the maze, Tails left the Tornado at the start, assuming it wouldn't go anywhere. This maze wasn't something you would usually see, it had some huge cube room in the middle.

"Sonic." he turned to Tails, and he pointed to the middle at a green mass covering the usual blue, "Isn't that just a little suspicious to you, it sure is for me..." Sonic shrugged.

"If it is, then we better be careful, now Tails, you got any tips on how to get to there faster?" Tails extended his right arm to the right side of the hedges.

"We could do this, this always works." Sonic sighed.

"But with a bit more, pace." Tails sighed, this was going to be a while.

"Alright! Finally, let's go." Sonic and Tails had reached the center, it was dark, and had dry-air. They soon heard a voice not to soon after, the ground of dirt was replaced with a metallic circular logo and the ceiling opened up and revealed Eggman with the Time Eater. Everything started too suddenly as Eggman fired the first wave of missiles directed toward Tails, which he was able to fly out at a good rate, giving a good attack, Sonic rushed for the beast he once already destroyed. With each hit Sonic made, a bolt flew loose. Eggman suddenly realized what he had forgotten.

"Time Eater, get back!" the monster halted and hovered toward Eggman, black smoke started emitting from the Time Eater, and just as it cleared, they both vanished. Sonic hit his fists together.

"That Eggman, he got away again." Tails was just relieved that they're gone, but then it hit him.

"Why did Eggman just leave like that?" Sonic gave a smug grin.

"He's too much of a wimp to face us all the way through..." Shortly after, the maze started to fall, all its hedges were shriveling into the ground. Which soon made it clear for them to get back to the Tornado, Sonic waited for him to get ready, "We need to get going." That just put more stress for Tails.

"Oh Sonic, don't rush me." Sonic looked at him with his eyes barely open.

"You know you need to." Tails sighed, and finally got in his seat, buckled up.

"Alright! ... Ready!" Sonic stopped before he even started.

"To where exactly?" Tails pointed to a faint object, "There, the signals coming from there."

"In a mountain?" Tails shrugged.

"I guess so." the plane started and increased in acceleration, Sonic followed after him. As soon as they reached it, Tails had to inform Sonic that it had to be a vertical climb, "This portal's ways up here."

"No kidding, we're miles above the ground right now." Tails saw the scanner collect more information.

"Sonic, stop. It's right here." there was a little tunnel carved into the mountain, Tails flew in as Sonic followed afterward, and inside it was carved out. The very middle was the portal. Tails landed his plane near it, and Sonic tried to get as close as possible.

"What kind of portal is this anyway?" Tails looked at him confused.

"What kind?" Sonic shrugged, "Well, it may either lead to another part of this world" Sonic nodded his head in understandment, "or it could take us to another universe." Sonic jumped at the news he received.

"Well that escalated quickly... Could it be more or less cool than Time Travel?" Tails hummed his thoughts.

"More mind you." Tails looked down at his plane, and saw Sonic dash toward the portal, "Sonic!"

"Sonic! Hedgehog!" he jumped right through. Tails quickly got the Tornado-1 ready, he might as well take it with him.

"Dang it, Sonic!"


~~~Chapter End~~~

PreviousChapters Next