• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 466 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria and the Mysterious Stones - LunicStream1105



When a portal opens around Altamare three years after, creatures not before seen emerge.

  • ...
3
 4
 466

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria and the Mysterious Stones-Chapter 45

Chapter XLV: Slight recovery


They rushed down the dirt and stoned tunnel under the city, suddenly the dirt never had looked so different, as JetStream had tears as they progressed. All of them gave one another stares, if JetStream asked of something, they'd better choose their words carefully, 'There's no way that just happened! ... But I saw it before my eyes...!' he closed his eyes hoping the bobbing of their progression would let the tears loose and fall. Soon after they entered the room where the glass circle showed its presence, where it seemed to be dug out after so much time. JetStream quickly took his saddle-bag off and went up to the glass.

"Uh, JetStream? Are you sure you should be up there?" JetStream looked back down.

"I know we shouldn't be caught but, maybe it isn't what it seems... Maybe they've actually knew what happened and got out of there! We could probably still save them... But, Sonic, instead you decided to save me, and not go after them." Sonic looked up.

"Top be honest here, JetStream, I don't think even I would have enough time, and if I did, I'd would've had Knuckles or Tails help me out while I saved your parents..." JetStream gave them a look.

"But didn't you? I mean, it's not like you'd purposely leave my Mom and Dad in there would you?" JetStream asked, as Sonic and his friends would think were he is possibly going with this.

"Of course not! Like I said, only if I had the tim-"

"Just stop it! ... Please!" JetStream lied down in front of the big window, with one hoof over the other, lying his head on one of them. Looking lazily into the sky that has been building clouds over the past 12 hours.

"Maybe it wasn't that, maybe it wasn't your fault but... Maybe it wassss... Oh, never mind, you know what?" JetStream stood back up.

"I wonder if I can redo this over..." JetStream turned to them down below, he seemed a shade lighter, "Didn't you mention, that the Chaos Emeralds have the ability?" Tails was a little worried, he only used Chaos Control because he panicked.

"Yes, but-" Knuckles spoke, yet was cut short.

"Then that's it! I can use that!" JetStream cheered up as he jumped down skipping the stair case completely, ignoring the fact that it didn't hurt him to jump down, only to be stopped by Sonic with a completely worried expression, "Wha- Sonic? What're you doing?"

"I can't let you do that, JetStream..." JetStream stood back.

"Why not?"

"Because it, still doesn't even work properly for me to handle, of course we can all use something like that. But you don't know where are how you'll end up." JetStream gave him an unamused frown.

"What's your point?"

"It might put you in a worse situation." JetStream grit his teeth, as soon as he fell to the ground in depression, they heard another sphere going off outside.

"What's the point of doing it then? I mean, we've tried our best, but it didn't seem to do much." he stated circling at the dirt next to him, Sonic scratched his head, he stopped as he saw Tails walk up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But not doing much is better than not giving it a try at all." Sonic walked next to Tails.

"And giving more than nothing is something anybody... or anypony... can do." Sonic smiled as JetStream sat up, still looking to the ground, and back at them.

"That is true." he knew it was true, he said before on the way to Canterlot, that one moment when his, friends, were with him, talking, making jokes, and taking in the scenery from time to time, 'Yeah, those were good times...' JetStream stood up, smiling, as Knuckles walked next to Sonic.

"We got this far, JetStream, how about we continue...?" JetStream felt everything dark got light shone its way through, he gained a firm smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y-yeah, right." JetStream went for the saddle-bag, and put it on his back once again, refreshing memories about past events. Tails decided to fly up to the top.

"Don't you think we should make sure it's clear for us to go first?" Tails suggested.

"Of course." Sonic answered as he and Knuckles jumped up with Tails. JetStream decided to stay down there and find him as well. He focused once again.

'There's no doubt in my mind that I will be able to find it too...' JetStream smiled, he liked getting back in touch like this, yet as soon as he was getting used to, something felt off, but he kept going. JetStream's Aura showed once again, you could hear an ambient humming sound with, Tails looked back, even though this Aura thing to him was still pretty foreign, he felt that it was normal to see something like it, all Tails did was smile when he JetStream like he did. This time, his Aura went from solid blue, to some shining Crystal Blue. Tails could see it, he was in awe, while JetStream could feel it, it was awakening, like a new winter's breeze, where cold actually feels like it would clean anything. Soon enough, JetStream could see the outline of everything once again, soon enough the Aura of everybody else appeared. Suddenly the same green and red eyes appeared like a jump scare, JetStream grunted as his Aura went from Crystal Blue to a clean grey, his eyes opened in scare. After that happened he held his forehead, "My head, it feels like a horrible head-ache..." he shook if off the best he could and looked up, "We better get moving!"

"Why?"

"I think I just lead them to us..." All three of them looked at one another in confusion.


~~~Chapter End~~~

PreviousChapters Next