• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 466 Views, 4 Comments

Equestria and the Mysterious Stones - LunicStream1105



When a portal opens around Altamare three years after, creatures not before seen emerge.

  • ...
3
 4
 466

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria and the Mysterious Stones-Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Twisted Vivid vision


Sonic and Tails backed up as JetStream was able to stand again and shake it off, "What I saw, was there an actual staircase below this floor?" they looked at each other.

"How exactly?" JetStream turned to the crystal.

"That crystal, it will help us with that..." JetStream looked back between the two, "...Revealing a staircase..." Sonic took a step forward.

"So how do we reveal itself?" JetStream remembered the vision almost vividly, and that's when he stated the words.

"Fear and anger..." Tails and Sonic looked at one another. Sonic scratched the back of his head.

"Maybe it's not as light as we thought..." JetStream remembered countless events before now.

"Not at all... anyway, we, or I have to use it on that crystal..." Tails was still confused.

"Well, then how are you going to use it on the crystal?" JetStream sighed.

'I could try to see if I could get the same reaction if I had a horn... but maybe I can try something else...' something about that pony in the vision interested him, "The pony next to the caped one... It felt like I should've known him... do I?" despite his dialogue, he continued toward the crystal.

"Careful..." Tails warned. JetStream mouthed the words "I'll try" as he looked up at the crystal, he wasn't going for magic, but for his Aura instead.

'I don't have much experience with my non-existent horn, but my Aura is something I'm really bonded to.' he stood still, and focused as he closed his eyes, 'Here we go...' his tone was a little worried, either that or monotone. JetStream could feel his heart starting to beat harder, 'Fear and anger... can I pull that off?' he tried to recognize past events to help. As he was shot by the 'ippos-manipulator. JetStream's Aura grew visible, and slowly turned red. Sonic and Tails were surprised to see this.

"That's amazing!" Tails couldn't bare to look away at least a second.

"... ... ..." Sonic just stared, and hoped everything will go as they all panned. As he was still learning his Aura, he was satisfied with his progress, and it was still only the beginning.

'Anger, not power... Anger... n-not power...' his words started to jumble, his Aura went from a red to a brown-red mix, he closed his eyes tighter, grunting, and trying to keep it together, '... Fear.... fear.....' his Aura slowly turned grey, and seconds later became black.

"Alright, JetStream! You're, doing... great...?" Tails was unsure if it was time to celebrate, JetStream's quivering stopped, he stood like a statue.
At the closest to his body, his Aura started forming purple and green.
At the corner of his eyes, a purple smoke started forming, when he opened his eyes, the whole eye was green, and nothing else, 'I... I am....' he was doing it much faster and tons better than he thought he would be. His Aura seemed to start flowing toward and inside the crystal, making it just as black as he saw in the flashback. Sonic and Tails were worried, as a thin blanket was stretching, they were almost thinking if JetStream knew what he was doing... and if they did dare ask... they probably wouldn't like either answer.

"Stand back..." he told them for their safety, for the split moment his voice sounded distorted, so they did what he told them to do. The marble ground started fizzling away before their eyes, revealing a staircase before them. Seconds after, JetStream dropped all focus, his Aura vanished, so did the particles around his eyes as his normal look started to come back. He stood still, he didn't even falter, he was just breathing heavily. He slowly turned to Tails and Sonic, their expressions showed that they're completely surprised.

"JetStream that was incredible!" Sonic smiled.

"Yeah, what a display." JetStream smiled getting the fact they were surprised, but he didn't feel to confident.

"I... I didn't...." they both walked over to him.

"But first of all is that you're alright, right?" JetStream nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine, it's just-"

"We got to get down there."

"... I didn't do that...." Sonic and Tails were shocked as they finally heard what JetStream had to say.

"Do what? It looked like you did the whole thing to me..."

"Well, the thing is... I didn't think I would've got nowhere near where I ended up." Sonic smiled.

"I guess you got lucky then."

"No!" JetStream hit the ground with his forehoofs, his Aura showed red for the moment he hit them on the marble floors, "I didn't even do a quarter of it!"

"What!?" JetStream sighed heavily.

"Exactly! Something was along side with me..." JetStream calmed as he walked toward the staircase, ".... Something I should probably know....." he looked rather depressed suddenly.

"Are... are you okay, JetStream?" he inhaled deeply.

"Yeah, it's just... left over from the... whatever you would call it... the anger and fear..." he exhaled. Simultaneously a smile cracked open, "Alright, let's go." JetStream started down the steps, Sonic and Tails continued after.

"You know what, Sonic? I actually wouldn't blame JetStream. Fear and anger is a really good twisted-perfect combination." Sonic nodded.

"Now let's get that Chaos Emerald."


~~~Chapter End~~~

PreviousChapters Next