• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 683 Views, 0 Comments

Summer Sun And Filly Fun - XionFate



A rag-tag group of young fillies enjoy a summer to remember

  • ...
 0
 683

Fun At The Fly-In Pt. 2

Fun At The Fly-In Pt. 2

"Yes, it is I, the great Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she exploded past the stunned fillies. "Tonight, for your amusement and your amusement only, I will be preforming the tricks and stunts that I used when I auditioned for the wonderbolts!"

"No way, is she being serious?" Cherry Blossom asked as she began to hover up off of the cloud she was on.

"Well, I don't know, why don't you ask her." Starry Daze responded.

"That's a great idea. Hey Rainbow Dash, are you being serious!?" Cherry Blossom yelled as she hovered up a little more.

"Why of course I am squirt, and I'll prove it to you." Rainbow Dash remarked as she swooped down and picked Cherry Blossom up.

Rainbow Dash tossed Cherry Blossom up onto her back and then began a quick ascent up through the clouds. Above the cloud line the night sky was beautiful and the moon was full and bright. Stars shone vividly around them and for a moment Cherry Blossoms mind was at peace. That was, until Rainbow Dash altered her trajectory directly south and began a free fall through the clouds.

The wind pounded against the two Pegasi as they broke the cloud barrier and continued to plummet towards the earth. Gasps erupted from the crowd as the sight of an unconscious Rainbow Dash hit them. Cherry Blossom was clueless as to why all of the other ponies around her were yelling and screaming for her to let go of Rainbow Dash, so instead she held on even tighter. As Rainbow Dash came within 100 yards of the ground below her her eyes whipped open and she turned her hind legs towards the ground. Her wings began to beat at tremendous speeds and she rocketed into the air nearly seconds before she collided with the ground.

"Oh, my, Celestia... That was so awesome!" Cherry Blossom yelled as she wrapped Rainbow Dash in a hug. "I'm like, your biggest fan, and the fact you let me ride along with you was amazing."

"My biggest fan huh? Well I've got something for you then." Rainbow Dash said as she stopped in the air behind the theater screen.

"Really? what is it?" Cherry Blossom asked as anticipation and wonder stained her eyes.

"Well, ever since I was a little filly I had always dreamed of being in the wonderbolts. I went to their shows, bought all of their merchandise, and even pretended I was them at times. They meant the world to me and I wanted to be like them so badly." Rainbow Dash said as she began to rummage through a box on the high rise. "One day I went to a show in Ponyville that the wonderbolts were preforming at. I was so excited to go and I knew that that would be the day that I could show them I belonged. They were amazing that night, better than ever before, but after the show they never stopped for autographs. I was determined to get their autograph however, and after the show I followed them into the wardrobe room. Spitfire had just taken off her costume when I entered, and I was afraid that she would be mad about me sneaking in."

"I bet, I would have been too. So what happened next?" Cherry Blossom asked.

"Well, Spitfire asked me what I was doing in the wardrobe room. I told her that I had come to get her autograph and she smiled at me. She signed her name on the uniform and gave it to me. I was so happy that I gave her a big hug, that she returned, and then ran out screaming." Rainbow Dash said as a tear found its way to her eye. "It was a very special moment in my childhood, and I wanted you to experience it to."

Rainbow Dash pulled out her wonderbolts uniform from her younger years and laid it out flat. She signed her name in big, beautiful letters and then stuffed it into Cherry Blossoms saddle bag.

"I never gave up on my dreams squirt. Even when the chips were down and it looked grim I kept struggling forward to meet my goal. Never give up on the dreams that you hold closest, you never know how close you may be to achieving them."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night the group met not at sugarcube corner, but at the playground of the school that they had spent so many years in. The clouds had been kicked out by some of the more active Pegasi and the night sky was more beautiful than ever before.

"My, my, Luna really has outdone herself this time." Lily Gumdrop said as she gazed up at the night sky.

Yes, it really is a sight to behold." Starry Daze replied as she slid down a slide.

"Hey girls?" Cherry Blossom asked to get the other fillies attentions. "Do you think I should keep trying to be a wonderbolt?"

The question left the group silent for a moment, the grasshoppers song the only sound. After a few seconds Lily Gumdrop spoke up, quieter than normal but still holding the same power.

"Of course you should Cherry Blossom. You're a really talented flier and you always keep trying." Lily replied reassuringly.

"You really think so?" Cherry Blossom asked hopefully.

"Yeah. And you also have a big heart so you can help anypony that's in need." Starry Daze said as she stepped up to Cherry Blossom and gave her a hug.

"Thanks girls, it means a lot to me." Cherry Blossom said as she brought Lily Gumdrop into the hug as well.

The trio of adventurous fillies shared a tight hug for awhile then fell down side-by-side with a smile on all of their faces. As the stars twinkled brightly the only thoughts in the heads of the young ponies were of gumdrops and rainbows. So far it had been the greatest summer they had ever had, and they hoped for many more adventures together. Perfection was often times impossible to achieve, but this summer was one of the few instances where perfection had been found. As the ponies drifted off into a peaceful nights sleep they turned their thoughts to the future, ready for whatever adventures awaited them next.