• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 1,770 Views, 19 Comments

The Prince of the Crystal Empire - Prince_Dark_Bane



King Sombra's son has awakened from a spell that turned him to stone.He is not happy with his father in peices and the empire that he once called home taken from his family and filled with love.He will do what ever he deems right to take the wor

  • ...
9
 19
 1,770

Chapter 4: Remnants of the Fallen King

Crystal Empire:
It has been a week since the return of the prince and he hasn't attacked yet, and it was making a certain rainbow maned pegasus pony really annoyed.
"How much longer are we going to wait for that bucker to get here?" Rainbow wined as she started to jump up and down out of anger.
"Rainbow Dash, a mare should never use such language." Rarity stated at the use of foul language at all.
"Oh would you two stop fighting, because it isn't going to help us." Applejack state annoyed at her friends for fighting with each other.
"But Dark Pain, is taking forever to attack. This is so not awsome, and I already read all the Daring Do books I brought with me." Rainbow replied as she slupped down onto the ground.
"Princess Cadance! Prince Shining Armor! There is an army approaching the empire as I speak!" a guard yelled as he rushed into the throne room.
"How many?" Shining asked as he stood to his full height.
"They are two hundred strong my prince." the guard anwsered as he looked out a window and pointed at a large gray mass caming into sight.
"Hey, I remember reading about an army like this." Twilight stated as she looked at the army that was now in a position to attack the empire.
"What are the meanies called then?" Pinkie Pie asked as she bounced up to her friend.
"They are called the Legion of Shadows. It is said that they are an army that appeared around a thousand years ago, and that they attacked small towns for their gems, but there has never been a body recovered from this army for some reason." Twilight answered as she looked at the soldiers ready to attack.
"They most likely took their dead back with them." Shining stated as he gazed at the army.
"Attention slaves of the Crystal Empire, I have come for my father's crown. Any resistance will result with the resister's life being terrimated at once." Dark Bane's voice boomed through only the castle of the empire as if he was standing right there in person.
"Well Rainbow, you got something to do now." Twilight stated as she looked at the army as they stood at a distance from the empire.
Legion of Shadows:
"Honey, why did you make so many soldiers out of low quality crystals?" Trixie asked as she nuzzled her husband's neck with her head.
"They are only to distract them as we look for any remains of my father." Dark Bane stated as he kissed his wife's forehead.
"Didn't you bring Loki here?" Trixie asked as she looked for the said dark phoenix.
"He is within the city ready to act." Dark Bane answered as he used emerld magic to move a strain of Trixie's mane back into place.
That's when a dome of magic appeared around the city.
Crystal Empire under the shield:
The citizens started to look around the city curious to why the princess just placed the shield over the city. That's when one crystal mare screamed as she saw the glowing red eyes of the black phoenix perched on a near by roof. Other crystal ponies began to see the bird that caused to mare to scream.
"It's Loki! Prince Dark Bane has returned!" yelled some random crystal pony out of fear.
The crystal ponies started to run to their homes. Even the guards where also scared as the army of their ex-prince approached the shield.
"Why would Dark Bane have Loki in the shield?" a guard asked another guard.
"Who cares? Just catch the damn bird!" another guard yelled at rest of his squad.
That's when Dark Bane's army started to hit the shield with their hooves and magical blasts from the unicorns. The shield was taking the beating easily. That's when Loki flew up into the air and opened his wings and a blast of dark magic erupted from the bird destroying the shield Cadance made. The Legion of Shadows started to run into the city attacking the guards. The Mane Six ran into battle to help the guards. Twilight was blasting the legionaires with her magic, Rarity was using the levitation spell to throw them into each other, Pinkie Pie was, well she was some how getting them to attack themselves (Thanks to her Pinkie Pie powers.), Applejack just kept bucking them, Rainbow Dash grabbed them and took them for a ride and dropped them from a painful height, Fluttershy wasn't really fighting but kept getting them to run into each by running around. As the Mane Six were being distracted by the undying troops of the Legion of Shadows, Prince Dark Bane and Princess Trixie walked toward the castle with a look of pride.
"Honey, can I kill Sparkle now?" Trixie asked her husband in an alluring tone of voice.
"You will have your revenge soon my princess, but we first need to get something of Father." Dark Bane answered as he gave her a kiss.
"Fine my prince." Trixie replied as she looked at the ground.
"You can how even give her some trouble with the troops." Dark Bane stated to cheer her up.
"Thank you, but how are you going to find something to use to bring him back?" Trixie asked she looked at her husband.
"I have a spell to help me with finding the perfect item for the resurrection spell." Dark Bane answered as his horn glowed emerld.
Dark Bane then walked into the castle as he looked for the item that the spell choose. Trixie then had all of the troops gather around Twilight and her friends. The troops surrounded the girls and then forced them to the ground.
"Look at the this. The student of the sun goddess on the ground before a true princess." Trixie stated as she looked at the Mane Six.
"What are you talking about... Trixie your eyes. What happened to your eyes?" Twilight asked as she looked up at Trixie.
Trixie's eyes had changed to match her husband's dragon like eyes.
"I got married, that's what happened to my eyes." Trixie answered as she walked up to them as troops bowed to her.
"How does getting married cause your eyes to change?" Rainbow asked as three earth pony troops forced her down making sure she couldn't fly away.
"Ever heard of a binding ritual that in basis weds two ponies?" Trixie asked as she looked into the eyes of her enemies.
"OOOO. Let me guess. You and Dark Bane used the Crystal Flask Binding Ritual so the two of you would be married and then the two of you cuddled." Pinkie Pie stated as she looked at the new Princess of Shadows.
Trixie just stared at Pinkie Pie with an open mouth. She didn't move for almost a whole minute, but then the ex-show pony shook her head and regained her composure.
"I'm not even going to ask how you know all of that." Trixie replied as she looked at the pink earth pony.
"Well it was easy. I know the author." Pinkie stated making all of the girls and even the troops look at each other.(Yes painfully obvious Pinkie Pie breaking the forth wall moment. I thought it was needed.)
"What is wrong with this pony?" Trixie asked to no one really.
"We don't really question it." Applejack answered with a deadpan tone of voice.
Dark Bane a few moments ago:
Dark Bane was walking through the castle opening doors looking for what his spell was directing him to. At the moment his spell was leading him to the upper levels of the castle. As he was walking through the level that had his childhood bedroom, his spell flashed a bright red as he stepped infront of the door for his old bedroom.
"My childhood bedroom?" Dark Bane questioned to no pony.
"What do you think you're doing... Dark Bane!" Shining yelled as he went around a corn to help his sister and her friends.
"I don't have time for this." Dark Bane stated as he used his magic to slam Shining into the ceiling and drop him onto the floor knocked out.
Dark Bane opened the door to his old room to see his room was still as baren as he left it. All of the books that he owned he had been taken to his fortress. The only thing different about the room was that it was smaller. The wall opposent of the bed was closer to it. As he walked in, his horn started to glow with so much brightness that it wood have blinded any pony that was in the room with him. Dark Bane was looking at the wall until he saw a part in it that was not the right shade of color. Using his magic, he pushed the part of the wall and it raised to reveal the rest of the room. At the center of the room was his father's horn, and he stepped closer to what he was looking for, he heard his father's voice whispering a spell.
"Even in death you have a plan to survive, but soon you will live agian." Dark Bane stated to himself.
Dark Bane used his magic to teleport his father's horn back to his fortress. He then felt all his troops going to a single point in the empire.
"What is my wife doing?" he stated as he looked out of the window to see she had the legion in one spot.
Dark Bane then used his magic to teleport to his wife as everypony there started to look at each other.(He got there right after Applejack answered Trixie.)
"My prince." Trixie stated as she nuzzled her husband's neck with affection.
"Dark Bane, how are your troops not getting hurt at all?" Twilight asked as she got her head up off the ground enough to ask.
"They are made of crystals, and are there for do not age, hunger, or feel pain." Dark Bane answered as he glared down at Twilight with such hatred that surpassed even Trixie.
"You won't become king of the Crystal Empire, not as long as any of us or the princesses of Equestria still breath, you can't stop us!" Cadance yelled as she flew towards the prince.
"Silence." Trixie yelled then used the dark powers of her father-in-law to slam Cadance into the ground with a lot of force.
"Nothing can bet me in battle." Dark Bane stated as he looked at the princess with a look that reminder her of Chrysalis when she was imprisoned by her.
"What are you?" Cadance asked scaried to find out.
"The heir of this empire, and the reason I say heir is because soon the king will return." Dark Bane answered as he turned away towards the Mane Six.
"Can I kill Sparkle now?" Trixie asked her husband with a baging look.
"Way not? It would please Father that the pony that truly killed him is dead." Dark Bane stated as he made an ax appear infront of Trixie.
"Thank you honey." Trixie sang to him with unnatural happyness.
"No leave her alone!" Cadance yelled as she struggled to free herself from the magic of Dark Bane that now kept her on the ground now.
"Maybe I'll kill the princess and then her friends before I kill Sparkle, just to add to the pain." Trixie stated as she turned to look at Cadance with an evil glit in her eyes.
"No. Father would most likely want to kill Princess Mi Amore Cadenza since she was the one that took his empire." Dark Bane stated as he looked at his wife.
"Very well I'll start with her friends. Wait she has a brother. Where is he?" Trixie asked as she looked for the ex-captain of the guard.
"He's right here!" Shining Armor yelled as he blasted a trooper with his magic hard enough to make the soilder exploid from the force of the blast.
"The fake prince has awakened from the concussion I gave him, and it looks like you are willing to end a life, even if it was the life of one of my puppets." Dark Bane stated as he looked at the soilder.
"I will not let you hurt Cadance or Twilight or her friends!" Shining yelled as he charged at Dark Bane with his horn glowing with magic.
"You don't have a choice in the matter." Dark Bane replied as his eyes glowed red for a moment and Shining felt as if a small amount of the anger and hatred he felt for the Prince of Shadows disappeared.
"You just feed off of me emotions. What are you?" Shining asked as he looked at the prince straight in the eyes.
"Let me show you something that not even Father knows that I can do." Dark Bane stated as very familiar flames started to surround him.
Dark Bane was soon envelpoded in the flames as he started to change shape to look like Shining Armor himself but with the eyes that came with dark magic.
"Hello I'm Shining Armor, the worthless husband of a worthless princess." Dark Bane stated mimicing Shining's voice perfectly, but not his speak pattern.
"You take that back about Cadance right now!" Shining yelled as he tried to sink his horn into Dark Bane.
Dark Bane changed back to his form and then his eyes glowed red again as everypony felt their rage and hatred getting weaker from Dark Bane. This was about the point where Shining then got slammed into the ground.
"How can you use Changeling magic?" Trixie asked as she came out of shock she was in when he shaped shift to the form of Shining Armor.
"My talent is that of magic, and that means I can use all magic." Dark Bane answered as he looked into the eyes of his wife.
"But Trixie and mine talents are also talented in magic and we can't use Changeling magic." Twilight stated as she tried to use her magic to throw the soilders off of her.
"It comes to me naturally actually. Then again all I ever did was study when I was a child. Father did have the largest collection of books, but now I have that collection. If you are wondering why it is simple I copied every book down to the letter and those books are in our room back at our home." Dark Bane stated as he looked at the purple unicorn then to his wife.
"Can I please just kill them now?" Trixie asked her husband as she raised the ax towards Fluttershy.
"Yes you can, but start with Armor. Just to add to the pain." Dark Bane answered as he looked at Shining.
"Good idea." Trixie stated as she walked over to Shining and raised the ax above Shining's neck.
"Shining!" Twilight and Cadance yelled as Trixie started to bring the ax down.
For the Mane Six and Cadance the ax was moving painfully slow, but when the blade was about to meet his flesh a bright red fire ball hit the weapon causing it to shatter into thousands of harmless shards.
"What happened?" Trixie asked her husband.
"That was very powerful fire magic, but crystal ponies can't use magic." Dark Bane stated as he looked around the area.
"Then who did it?" Trixie asked as she looked around the area to see if a unicorn or one of the other princesses.
As everypony was looking for the pony that fired the fire, a shadow appeared over them, but quickly disappeared.
"Was that the shadow of Princess Luna?" Trixie asked as she started to freak out.
"No. If that was Princess Luna, we would have heard her yelling that she would rip my head off." Dark Bane answered as he rememebered how Luna reacted after he spoke.
"Then who could be doing this?" Trixie asked with fear in her eyes.
As everypony was looking into the sky trying to see who it was, but they didn't notice a green pegasus walking up to them from an alley with flames in his eyes with a Yin Yang cutie mark but the white is blue. Following this pegasus was a dragon around the same size as Spike that had green scales and a red belly/what ever you call that thing that runs down a dragon's back (There's a name for it but I don't know what it is.) and was breathing green fire to show she was ready for a fight.
"Where is the pony?" Trixie asked everyone of the troops who where freaking out.
"Burn!" yelled the green pegasus as he came flying out of the alley covered in fire as he tackled the troops off of Cadance.
The troops that this pegasus tackled while on fire shattered into harmless fragments. All the troops released the pony they where holding to attack this pegasus.
"Kill him!" yelled Dark Bane and Trixie as they fired twin beams of dark magic at this magicual pegasus.

Author's Note:

Me: I added these two new ocs by demand of my older sibling.
Prince Dark Bane: That's it.
Me: What's it?
The Great and Powerful Trixie: Dark Bane and I the Great and Powerful Trixie yell kill him and the chapter is over.
Prince Dark Bane: That's Prince Dark Bane, and I agree with you Great and Powerful Trixie.
Me: Why does my own oc hate me?
Prince Dark Bane: Because I can't stand you.
Me: Someone shoot me. On second thought never mind.
Prince Dark Bane: Dam. (Bang) Oh crud.
Me: I'm so going to have Trixie b***h your ear off in the next up coming chapters.
Prince Dark Bane and the Great and Powerful Trixie: Wait why?
Me: Let me just say the feared King Sombra is going to be fearing himself.
Both Prince Dark Bane and the Great and Powerful Trixie look confused but I laughing at them.