• Published 9th Jun 2013
  • 251 Views, 1 Comments

The Story Of A Prince (PROLOGUE) - Prince GlitCh



Everypony, young and old! Gather round for I have a story for you! The story is about a young prince! But his life isn't bright and happy as a foal's should be. No not at all, for he is brought with hardships by the evil group known as M.I.

  • ...
 1
 251

Beginnings

The Story of a Prince

CHAPTER 1: BEGINNINGS

bang bang

“Ugh, WHO IS IT?!”

“IT'S ME, NYX! WAKE UP DASHING WIND!” Shouted a man in jet black clad armor, his skin was a deep black matching his armor. He also had dark purple hair and light blue eye's.
As the man anxiously awaited the arrival of his friend, he could hear from outside of the house various items falling onto the floor. There then was the sound of shuffling clothes and rustling as various clanks of the locks came undone. As the door flung open, a gray skinned man with messy light blonde hair and tired, lazy yellow eyes stood in the doorway.

“You might want to brush your hair, Dashing, I need you to send this letter for me. It's urgent.”

“Pff well obviously you were willing to- wait, why would I need to brush my mane?”

“You're delivering a letter to the princess herself,” Said Nyx, with a stern face.

“SERIOUSLY! HOLD ON!” Said Dashing in an over the top reaction that he usually got at stuff like this.
As the door slammed the man in the black armor sighed as he waited. A few minuets later Dashing wind opened the door quickly, his hair still a little messy but to a respectful degree.

“To The Princess right?”

“Eeyup.”

“Got it, give me the letter,” said Dashing with a look of confidence. Nyx couldn't help but chuckle at this confidence as he handed the letter off to the now flying Dashing Wind, whose wings unfurled.

As Dashing Wind flew off, he headed across the skies towards the pristine white castle only a few blocks away from his house.

“Man this castle was always so huge,” commented Dashing as he admired the castle which now had a beautiful sunrise peaking above the distant mountains behind it. No words could describe this morning, which would soon bring delightful news to the kingdom.

“Always loved Canterlot during the Princess's sunrise and sunset, heck I enjoy Luna's beautiful night here too! The beautiful stars....,”

As unwanted memories started filling Dashing's mind he shook it off as he neared the castle.

Circling the castle once, he quickly spied the multicolor mane of the princess. It flowed freely without any sort of wind, her crown and boots glistening from the early morning rays. Her fair white skin made every other unname-able feature shimmer and glisten, and at the same time her horn slowly stopped shining the brilliant gold that matched his eyes.
“Princess Celestia, a letter for you from Nyx!” Shouted Dashing as Celestia looked at him with a warm, gentle smile.

“It seems so dashing,” she says with a smile that would make the devil himself melt. As Dashing handed of the letter, Celestia took it in her golden magical grip.

“Thank you, now if you'll excuse me I have a letter to read,” Celestia turned around and walked back into her room as he bowed.



GUARD'S LOG: MONDAY 12 O'CLOCK A.M.

SUSPICIOUS FIGURE LEAVING A BASKET AT THE FRONT GATES. LOST SUSPECT DUE TO HEAVY FOG.

GUARD'S LOG: TUESDAY SOMETIME AROUND 12:05 A.M.

CLOSELY AFTER LOSING THE SUSPECT, NOTIFIED THE CAPTAIN OF THE SUSPICOUS BASKET AND PONY, THE SUSPECT SEEMS TO BE FEMALE.

GUARD'S LOG: 12:20 A.M.

AFTER A THOROUGH SEARCH OF THE SURROUNDING AREA'S. WE COULD NOT FIND THE SUSPICOUS MARE OR ANYPONY SUSPICOUS. UPON RETURNING TO MY POST TO NOTE MY FINDINGS WHEN I HEARDWHAT SEEMED TO BE SOME SORT OF COOING COMING FROM THE BASKET LEFT BY THE MARE.

GUARD'S LOG: 12:29 A.M.

NOTIFYING THE CAPTAIN IMMEDIATELY. THE CONTENTS OF THE BASKET LEFT BEHIND BY THE MARE. THE CONTENTS OF THE BASKET LEFT BEHIND BY THE SUSPECT CONTAINED A SMALL FILLY. THE FILLY SEEMS TO BE AN ALICORN

(MYTHOLOGICAL BEING THAT HAS WINGS HORN AND BODY OF A HORSE. CAN USE MAGIC TO MOVE THE HEAVENS)

Dear Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,

Earlier this morning a guard running the morning shift noticed a suspicious character leaving a basket at the castle gates. Guard Dawn Shield, attempted to pursue the suspect only to lose her in the dense fog. The only traces left behind were a few tear drops collected by the M.I.S.T(MAGICAL INVESTIGATION SURVEILLENCE TEAM). After reporting to me and searching the surrounding area thoroughly, he heard something coming from the basket. Upon investigating the basket within the guard house, he discovered a small alicorn foal, no older than a few months. The only thing we know is that the foal was born like this, information brought to us from M.I.S.T, and a note inscribed to the royal sisters. If you have any further questions find me.

Sincerely,
Commander of the Guard,
Nyx

As she set the letter down on the desk, she slowly rubbed her eyes after using her magic to pick up her glasses up off of her snout, and with an elegant golden glow, setting them beside the letter. As she looked into her fire-place, she listened to the gentle snaps of the embers. She rose slowly from the seat at her desk and walked to her balcony, her long multicolored hair flowing as if in a breeze behind her. As she approached, her balcony doors opened.

“Well this is an interesting turn of events isn't it Starswirl?” said Celestia.
Stars stood a attention when the queen looked up,

“I agree your majesty!”

“Star Swirl you know how I feel about such formalities,” Celestia deadpanned.

“And you know how I am about formalities, your highness,” Star Swirl replied with a smirk.

“Ah, I know that all too well, Star Swirl,” Celestia replied with a light chuckle,

“And that's exactly why I have you as my personal and royal adviser and the leader of M.I.S.T.”

“And I thank you for that princess,” Star Swirl said with a deep bow.

“Now about this alicorn foal.... What should I do?”

“A new alicorn born in these times.... even I don't know what to do. But I think it would be best if you would allow M.I.S.T to study the foal,”

As these words left Star Swirl's muzzle, Celestia furrowed her brow with concern as she pondered this.(Should I let M.I.S.T take the foal and use it for scientific gain?... No I'll take care of the child myself and raise him like a younger brother and let him think we're family but I would really like to know the physiology of my species.... )

“What will it be princess?”Asked Star Swirl with a raise of his brow.

“Let's see after a few months, okay Star?”

“Thank you my majesty,” Star said as his smile broadened, “and don't worry the foal will be in good hands!”
He commented under his breath as he chuckled softly and turned to leave the room,

“That foalish foalish princess heh heh.”

Author's Note:

Hello. Welcome to my first fanfiction. It may not be very good but I'm always striving to make my stories better. Oh and before I forget. THANKS FOR READING.

sincerely.
Prince Glitch (octavia)