• Published 7th Feb 2012
  • 1,115 Views, 4 Comments

death Spikes - infinitiewriter

  • ...
 4
 1,115

in spike of her objections

Rarity was up to her usual routine in the carousel boutique. She had woken up extra early, as usual. According to her friends, it was because she believed that the carousel boutique was very popular, and that she did not want to keep her clients waiting. She was sitting on her usual stool chair, fixing up a suit, nothing important, just trying to keep herself occupied, when suddenly, she heard knocking.

-Now WHO would wake up so early in the morning to see ME?”
She asked, obviously forgetting her friends.

She stared into the peephole. Five seconds later, she fainted, the door opening by itself.

____________________

Spike tried his best to forget this morning’s incident, however, it just wouldn’t get out of his mind. Who were these dragons? What were they talking about? And most importantly, did they really eat snake fangs?

-Spike? Is something up?” asked Twilight, she suspected something was up since this morning, when she saw her blind friend bumping into her bookshelves. But she didn’t realize it was this big of a deal.

“Um, no. Just wondering if my perfume smells too good for Rarity” Lied Spike. He hated lying to his friend so much, but he didn’t want it to become any worse than it already was. He wished this morning’s sensation would come back, not because he wanted to know more, but because he wanted to get rid of his stress.

-S’up, guys!” shouted Rainbow dash as she zoomed past the two. She returned just as quickly and, a split-second later, she was standing in front of them, a slight smirk across her face. Scootaloo came zooming- well, speeding, to be fair- after and ended up crashing into her.

-ACK! Scootaloo! How many times have I taught you…” she started, Scootaloo seemed a bit scared of the Pegasus. “…To go faster next time? I could barely hear the whoosh when you rammed into me!” Spike and Twilight laughed quietly for a moment, which didn’t amuse Scootaloo at all.

“Well it’s not my fault I can’t fly, if I knew how to stay mid-air for ATLEAST 7 seconds, then I’d be whooshing all over the place” she complained. “I mean, Pound cake can fly, how come I can’t??” she added. Dash panicked and stared at her trying to come up with an answer, which just furthermore pleased the mare and dragon standing right next to them.

___________________

Dash had come up with good solutions to nearly every problem that faced her. And whenever she met with a serious situation, she never EVER did that one thing. But there she was, struggling to respond to the young crusader, she never thought she would, but.

She lost her cool.

-W-w-well, y’see Scootaloo, when a young Pegasus is, um, born. It, well, its wings need to, y’know, um…” the young filly had always stood up to her, she saw her as an idol. But if she got her answer wrong, Scootaloo would start to look for somepony else, she wanted anything but to go back to the mare-do-well situation. In this entire crisis, she failed to realize that Scootaloo was ignoring her, talking to Spike.

-I’VE GOT IT!” exaggerated Rainbow dash; she stood proudly and got ready for the question that would come.

“So, well, why can’t I fly again?” asked Scootaloo, she had turned her head to Rainbow when she yelled out her victorious solution.

-Its cause very young fillies-or colts- Pegasus constantly explore they’re abilities, so when a baby Pegasus finds out how to flap it’s wings it learns to fly for a short period of time. See, that’s all their is to it!” explained Rainbow dash, proud of her made-up theory. Scootaloo stood there, she decided to speak up, but Rainbow beat her there, already knowing the question.

-And fillies or colts of your age can’t fly because newborns have short terms of memory, so you have to constantly learn it again” she declared, happiness coming out of her expression.

“But you told me that when you got your cutie mark you knew how to fly since you were a baby, plus, Pound cake learned to fly 3 weeks ago, and he still can, I wouldn’t call that short term memory” she objected, Rainbow soon found out how flawed her lie was.

___________________

“Well, speaking of colts, I told Intel whooves I’d meet him near the town square, next to sugar cube corner” said Twilight, finally speaking up and breaking out of her fit of giggling, unlike the dragon beside her.

Spike stopped too, and looked at Twilight with a knowing smile.

-Who’s Intel whooves?” asked Rainbow dash, she was trying to wiggle out of the subject she and Scootaloo were talking about.

“He’s Twi’s new colt friend" said Spike.

“He is NOT!” snapped Twilight, Spike was trying his best to hide his grin.

-OOOhhhh, I get it! You mean dr. whooves! Why’re you calling him like that?” asked Rainbow dash. Luckily, Scootaloo seemed to have forgotten about the stressing subject that was at hand.

“That’s his full name, didn’t you know?” responded Twilight slightly bucking Spike out of her way; he had gotten of her back hours ago.

“If he’s not your very special somepony, than why have you been seeing him almost everyday next to sugarcube corner?” asked Spike getting back up. “And what about your book club?” as Spike tried harder and harder to retain his chuckling and grin, Twilight tried even harder to hide her blushing. Rainbow easily saw through it.

“Okay, I can understand that the meetings were pretty obvious, but how did you know about the book club?” asked Twilight. Slowly, her blush was starting to show. Scootaloo and Spike quickly shared a look, laughing a bit.

-I thought his filly friend was Minuette” asked Rainbow dash, Twilight weighed whether to retort back at her friends or just flee the scene. She decided to go with the safer option 2 and quickly used her magic to plop the annoying dragon back on her. She quickly returned trying to make a decent excuse.

“Well, it’s been terribly fun being here to chat, but we just must see Rarity. Isn’t that right, Spike?”

“Well, actually, I’m- mfff!” Twilight stuffed a ruby in his mouth before he could finish his sentence. She quickly galloped off the scene, Rainbow dash chasing her in exasperation with Scootaloo on her tail.

-NOOO! Don’t leave! I need a different subject to talk about!” With a flick of her horn, she teleported off the scene, Rainbow dash ended up crashing into carousel boutique. Scootaloo proudly screeched beside her, perfectly safe.

“HA! I bet you could hear the whoosh that time!” proudly claimed Scootaloo, standing in front of the injured Rainbow “As you would say: I totally nailed that!”

Rainbow dash just stared at the Pegasus as if she were psychotic.

_____________________

Author’s note: gasp! I put in a character without having listed it! Well, it could be worse…

I could be Rainbow dash

I sort of consider the carousel boutique quite famous, as sapphire shores states that it’s a hit in the latest magazines, but I would know nothing,

I am not a Twiwhooves fan, I just wanted to put that there. just for extra measures, i will state that the chapter names are all spike puns