• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 515 Views, 2 Comments

After Dusk - Nolan_shy



Fluttershy raises her adopted son, Dusk, until she is too old to take of him.

  • ...
 2
 515

Second

Chapter 2
When I arrived back at my cottage, I faced the first two tasks: naming and feeding, and one of which became very repetitive. I called him Dusk because he reminded me of Twilight in the sense that they both seemed to be interested in learning, and he was rather curious compared to the other foals

Dusk was dragging all of my attention away from my other critters, and Angel wasn’t too fond of that. Angel was becoming very grumpy lately, and I couldn’t stand it, but what was I going to do, I didn’t want to hurt any one’s feelings after all.

He would also get into all kinds of trouble around the ranch. He was in the chicken coop scaring all of the chickens just to watch them fly for a few brief moments. He also was very hard to get to bed and stop him from crying.

Pinkie loved to come over and just play around with Dusk, especially since she never had to take any responsibilities. From her experience with Pound Cake and Pumpkin cake, she even started helping Dusk learn to talk.

A year later, Dusk was becoming more energetic, and didn’t like old things we used to do together as much like lullabies. He is also able to speak in full sentence now, as I picked up from where Pinkie had left off. His new ability to speak was bringing to light more of his personality. I now learned that he does for sure remind of Twilight, but a bit of Rainbow Dash too.

“How was your day at school little Dusky?” I asked as he walked in the door from his first day at pony school.

“It was good, I liked math the most though, but none of my friends really did.” He said.

“You’ve already made friends, Oh my, what are their names?

“Frosted Sugar and Smoke Hoof.”

I was amazed since I was unable to make friends on my first day. All of the other fillies at my school were all beginning to attempt to fly, and I was still land locked and very afraid of flight at the time. That all changed when I met Rainbow Dash, many years later, who helped me learn to fly and became one of my friends when no pony wanted to talk to me. I could tell I had a good sociable pony under my wing.

Angel was becoming fonder of Dusk, and they were spending more and more time together each day. Dusk was also learning the way I had with animals a bit from spending a lot of time going for walks in the woods, which he enjoyed as he could run around as much as he wanted. They were becoming routine and he liked to take his friends out to go running around and playing in those woods.

I also took him to meet all of my friends, other than Pinkie because she makes regular check ins, I just never got the real chance to show them since I hangout with them while Dusk is at School. Also, he never remembered the times before school all that well.

I took him over to Rarity’s, and Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo were all there. Dusk didn’t like all of the attention he was getting from the fillies almost a decade older than him, but Sweetie Belle and her friends sure enjoyed his company. Rarity was slightly busy, but a trait of her that could still leave an impression.

I took him over to Twilight’s next, where he first began reading some books that Twilight had been trying to get Spike to read for years.

“Well would you look at that,” Twilight said, “I guess reading is contagious, but not the type I was expecting a young pony to be reading.” “Well hey little guy, what’cha got there?”

“An astronomy book”

“Well why would you pick that type of book?” Twilight asked fishing for answers.

“Because the stars are cool!”

Twilight began talking to me as he continued to read.

“If he were a unicorn, I would get him into magic lessons with that learning enthusiasm.” Twilight told me.

“Yeah, well I got to go bring him over Apple Jack so he could meet the rest of his friends if that’s okay with you” I told Twilight as He was finishing the book.

When we arrived at Apple Jack’s farm, Rainbow Dash was there showing off her new Wonder Bolts uniform while she was doing some tricks. Dusk was amused by the spectacle of a show that Rainbow was putting on. Pinkie Pie was also there, and equally as excited as Dusk to see the amazing tricks.

“Too bad some ponies couldn’t see that show the Rainbow Dash,” Pinkie said as she awkwardly blinked in a certain direction, “Let’s get this Rainbow Dash the wonder Bolt part-ay started!”

This was Dusk’s first party, because I forgot to throw him one on the anniversary I adopted him since I wasn’t sure to throw his birthday on a day that isn’t his birth day. He got the time to have fun as all of the ponies in town came down to celebrate Rainbow Dash as the newest Wonder Bolt.

That night, I told him “I love you” as I always do, but today was the day that he said it back. My heart melted, and I cried a couple tears of joy, my first time crying as a mother because my child touched my heart.

“I’ll love you forever and always take care of you, you know that right? I’ll be right here.” I told him all choked up.

“I know mom, see you in the morning.”