• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 292 Views, 5 Comments

Code SS.MM.JA.DG. - Midnight Moonlight



Who would rise the sun, bring he moon, give love to Equestria, or use the magic of friendship if the princesses disappeared? The APR would...

  • ...
8
 5
 292

The APR

Clop, clop went the sound of hooves on the beautifully decorated marble floor of the highest tower in the castle... It was a gorgeous day in Canterlot, so gorgeous, that the girls were tempted to go outside.. But, they mustn't.. Someone could see them. But of course, there is always one that tries... Even if it fails.
"SHINY!! Open the rooftop!!" Midnight Moonlight whined.
"Oookkkaaayyy, but if somepony sees us, it's all your fault...." Sunlight Sunshine threatened.
"Fine! Don't open it then!" The younger sister yelled.
The middle one hushed them both."Girls, we need to LOVE one another, not bicker back and forth like a bunch of..." The other two look at her expecting her to continue. For Jet'aime Amo has never called anypony anything offensive.
"Right.. love," Jet'aime caught herself.
"Sorry Sunny, it's just I REALLY want to see the sun... I haven't seen it in sooo long..."
"It's ok Midnight, I understand... I, too, want to see the sun again... I mean, other than Celestia and I, we have seen no other natural light since we were born..."
Jet'aime joined the conversation, "I haven't felt the grass or warm sand under my hooves for soo long... They ache with the craving to feel gooey mud under them..." Jet'aime flexes her aching hooves.
"It's okay younger sisters... some day, we will do all these things... again.. some for the very first time..."

The girls had been cooped up in that attic for millennia. They were the APR, Association of Princess Replacements. Nopony could see them, hear them, or anything... Technically, they.. do not.. exist...
A long time ago, right before the actual princesses' mother and father died, they spoke their will... Luna would raise the moon like her father, Celestia would bring the sun like her mother, and Cadence would bring love like both their parents had to Equestria. They wanted, most of all, for everything to go perfect. So for their last wish, they put a spell, that when anypony became a princess, they would get a replica of themselves.. Just in case something went wrong the replicas can take the place of their corresponding princess until a new princess is found or the old ones return. That is where Sunlight Sunshine, Midnight Moonlight, and Jet'aime Amo come in..
Because of their names, it is pretty obvious who is who's replica... Sunlight Sunshine is Princess Celestia's replacement, Midnight Moonlight was Princess Luna's replacement, and Jet'aime Amo is Princess Cadence's replacement. The only catch was that, not only are they born teenagers (and forever will be!), but they also have their own minds and attitudes, etc. etc.! They are completely different ponies, except with the same ability as the princess they are meant to replace. They don't even have the same cutie marks.
Midnight has a bubble sort of like Luna's, except with a white full moon with a light blue star in the middle of the moon. Sunlight has a flame sort of like her mane with dark sunglasses on. Jet'aime has a light lavender heart with a white rose in the middle.
Their days are spent hanging around in the tower.. the whole tower is for them so they can't complain, but after a millennia, one tower can get kind of boring. On Saturdays though, the princesses all get together to talk to the girls. And on a couple of special days, such as the Grand Galloping Gala, the Summer Sun Celebration, and Winter Wrap Up, where all the ponies gather at one place, the girls can roam around the castle because there is nopony there!! They are usually very bored most of the time though.
"Shiny, Jet, are you guys hungry? What do you guys want to eat?"
"I'll take a Caesar salad. Thanks Mid," Shiny replied.
"Oh, I want an empanada.. Or 3... actually five... No!! Make it 10 empanadas.. the more the merrier!!!" Jet singed.
"Coming right up!" Midnight put her chef hat on and started cooking and singing. "My little pony, I use to wonder what friendship could be! Until you all shared it's magic with me! Big adventure, tons of fun! A beautiful heart, faithful and strong! Sharing kindness, is an easy feat! And magic makes it all complete! You have my little ponies! Do you know you're all my very best friends!!"
"You seriously must stop singing that song... You are getting stuck in my head!" Shiny complained.
"Okay, Okay.. how about this one.. I set FIRE!! To your head! Watch it burn as I cook lunch!! Jet is just sitting in the corner staring at us, woah!!"
Sunlight threw a pillow at Midnight. "You and this pillow are never ever ever getting back together.. No, you are never ever ever getting back together!!" chanted Midnight.
"Okay, I give up!! Jetty? Watcha doing?" Sunlight asked
"I'm trying to contact the princesses to see if there's any new news, but I can't seem to get in contact with them.. I'm worried.... What if something bad happened to them...."
"Let us try," Midnight tried contacting the princesses through her horn like normal... nothing.. nopony answer.. not even a sound.."I didn't get anything, how about you Sunny?"
"Nope, nothing!"
Knock, knock "Help me, let me in!! LET ME IN!! The princesses are in trouble!! Please help me!!!"
"Who could that be?? It's a Wednesday and that doesn't sound like the princesses!" whispered Jet.
"OH OH!! I don't know, BUT WE'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT! LOOK!" Mid whisper screamed.
Crack!! The door broke open!

Author's Note:

Hi! This is my first story, I hope you like it so far!
Add your own weird ideas and they might be put in!!
Positive criticism only please.. :D
Sadly, I will only make these chapters short until I get the hang of this, but I'll try very hard to always end with a cliff hanger!!
I'm a 13 year old Argentinean pegasister that lives in the U.S.