• Published 8th May 2013
  • 205 Views, 0 Comments

The Rather Peculiar Life of Cookie and Her Dearest Companion, 'Sparky' - Inkin



Cookie knew as soon as she saw the unicorn, her head wrapped in bandages as she glared the table to death, that they were going to be the best of friends.

  • ...
 0
 205

Sparky Earns The Name

Sparky Earns The Name

“Cookie... Remember what we said about introducing yourself.”
“Don't break ribs with hugs and try not to smile too much!” Cookie replies with a grin. The earth pony beside her keeps gazing at her. She blinks then realises her mistake and winds down her grin to a friendly smile.
“Better... Now, this mare is somewhat delicate. She hit her head and has some severe memory loss. It might be good for her to get talking so don't be put off if she gets... snappy and try not to let it upset you.”
“Aye, Capitano!"
“Alright... Off you go then,” The earth pony urges with a smile and Cookie trots over to the unicorn sat in the corner. Blue eyes look to her and narrow as she skips to a halt.
“Hello,” She greets. 'Hello' was such a good word and a good way to start a conversation. She's glad that there is the option of 'hello' as opposed to 'AHOY MATEY!'. Though, she does like pirates... and come to think of it, 'AHOY MATEY!' actually sounds pretty cool.
“...”
The unicorn must've heard her say that suddenly rather average sounding, 'hello'. She's looking right at Cookie after all. Cookie pauses then sits down opposite her.
“So...” She says then she plants an elbow on the table and rests her chin on her hoof. “What are you in for?” She quips.
The unicorn sucks in a deep breath then closes her eyes and breathes out in a whoosh.
“Are you tired?” Cookie asks.
“... Something like that.”
“I'm pretty tired too but then having a dream about three legged, flying rainbow pigs invading Equestria and overthrowing the Princesses is pretty tiring...” Cookie replies and the unicorn stares at her with this odd expression that Cookie can't make head nor tails of. Must be the head injury. “I'm Cookie, by the way!” She adds cheerfully and the unicorn frowns.
“Cookie?”
“Yup!”
“Why in Equestria is your name- Actually, never mind, it doesn't-”
“I really like cookies,” The Pegasus states, voice softening a tad and the unicorn peers at her with a different expression. One that Cookie can't make tails nor heads of.
“Yeah?... Well, I can't remember if I like cookies...” She mutters and Cookie beams at her.
“We should find out... Can I call you Sparky?”
“What? Sparky? Why would-?”
“Your cutie mark has like... sparks on it...” Cookie says, gesturing to the and the unicorn sighs heavily. “You okay?”
“My head's killing me...”
“Probably 'cuz you hit it badly... Is it weird having amnesia?”
“Sweet Celestia...”
“What about her?”
“Oh Luna's flank!”
“What about Luna's flank? I haven't seen it personally but I've heard it's rather nice.”
“... Kill me.”
“... I'd really rather not.”

Author's Note:

Buck you guys! I do what I want! (I'm kidding, I love you. Please don't hate me for doing this.)

And so, presenting a fic entirely about an odd Pegasus named Cookie and her reluctant friend, Sparky. Shenanigans and maybe some stuff pertaining to feels may follow so expect a little bit of every genre.
Chapters will remain quite short (mostly) in nice, bite sized chunks and show characters may or may not appear later!

*has no idea where this fic is going*

Hope you had fun, kids! Tune in next time for more adventures!