• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 6,454 Views, 0 Comments

The Great Reign of Chaos - The King of Kings



Heaven and hell collide and the earth is their battlefield. Will Equestria's heroines find a way to stop the world-ruining war?

  • ...
3
 0
 6,454

Chapter 1: The Frog Messiah

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
The Great Reign of Chaos
Chapter 1: The Frog Messiah

Meanwhile, in a small town in Equestria called Ponyville, located near the mountains of the Equestrian capital of Canterlot, a cyan pegasus mare Rainbow Dash and an orange earth-pony Applejack were conversing at the middle of the streets.

“You know, AJ, things seemed to be a little odd right now.” Rainbow Dash spoke.

“Yah said it, Rainbow,” Applejack told Rainbow, “It’s been like eight months since Twilight became princess and this year’s Summer Sun Celebration, Princess Celestia was missing again.”

“Just like three years ago,” said the pegasus.

“Yer right, sugarcube,” replied the earth pony.

Then, a yellow pegasus mare Fluttershy went between the two talking mares and asked them, “Rainbow Dash, Applejack, where is Twilight?”

“The last time she told me was that she was going to find Princess Celestia in the Everfree Forest,” answered Rainbow.

“She also told us tha’ we will find Princess Celestia all over Equestria,” Applejack continued, “She will find her in the Everfree Forest, if ever she’s there.”

“That egghead… even as a princess, she’s still getting onto her brains,” scoffed Rainbow Dash.

“Maybe, we should split up and look for Twilight first. She might be lost,” Fluttershy squeaked softly as the other two mares nodded and ran to separate ways.


In the midst of the dark Everfree Forest, Twilight Sparkle, who was given the title Princess of Magic, was alone flying all across the forest to search for the missing Princess of the Sun.

“Princess Celestia!” she cried alout, however, there is silence followed.

She continued to fly and search for her through the dark depths of the woods.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight yelled, but no answer came.

Finally, after hours of flying and searching, she was tired, landed and shouted at the top of her lungs, “PRINCESS CELESTIA! WHERE ARE YOU?!

Her voice echoed all across the deep forest, but there was response in return.

As the rest of the main six were about to enter the Everfree Forest, they heard the echoes of their friend’s voice.

“You hear that? That’s Twilight,” Rarity responded to the echo.

“Girls, let’s split up and search for her!” the rainbow-maned mare ordered, as the four other ponies nodded, “If you ever find her, just shout and we will hear you. We will come to you.” As they entered the forest, they searched individually in every place and every corner of the woods.

After minutes of searching, Pinkie walked through the vines and saw a familiar looking alicorn figure. She came closer and realized it was her friend Twilight Sparkle.

Hey! I found Twilight!” Pinkie shouted very loud so that the other mares can hear the pink pony.

Twilight was startled by the loud shout. She was snapped and turned around to Pinkie, saying, “Pinkie! If you’re behind somepony, don’t shout like that!” However, she came to her senses and said, “Pinkie? How did you…?”

Meanwhile, the other four mares Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy responded to the yell of Pinkie Pie and ran towards the spot where the sound came from. Eventually, the six mares finally meet each other at the same spot where Pinkie found Twilight.

“What are you doing here?” the alicorn asked.

“We were looking for you,” Fluttershy answered.

“So, were you able to find Princess Celestia?” questioned Pinkie.

“Unfortunately not,” she replied, “But you girls mustn’t be here in the middle of forest. It’s not safe for ponies like you to be here!”

As Twilight finished, sinister roars were heard and startled the six ponies.

“What was that?” asked Rainbow Dash.

A group of timberwolves lept in in front of the six scared mares and the mane six flinched and shrieked of the timberwolves’ sudden appearance.

“Timberwolves!” Applejack cried.

“Shh! Don’t move,” Twilight whispered.

“Good work,” Rainbow scoffed as the timberwolves crept in closer for their prey, “Make it easy for them.”

“New plan: RUN!” Pinkie screamed as the five ponies ran and Rainbow Dash flew away from the timberwolves that began to run for their prey.

“They got us on our backs! What do we do?” asked Rarity as she looked back, seeing the running timberwolves behind them.

“Run faster!” cried Twilight, as they continue to run for their lives.

“The light,” Fluttershy said as the six saw a bright light which they think is the exit of the Everfree Forest, “We made it to the exit!”

However, they weren’t lucky as another group of timberwolves jumped from above and blocked the six mares on the ways. Scared, they ran to the opposite direction but stopped as the first group of timberwolves was running to them.

Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack and Rarity became helpless as they became surrounded by the swarm of timberwolves.

“You want a piece of us?” Rainbow boasted to the beasts, and to her friends, “Come on, girls, let’s kick some wolf butt!”

“It’s no use, Rainbow Dash,” contradicted Twilight Sparkle, “They’re too many and too dangerous.”

“Well, I’m out of ideas! Anyone else got ideas?” Rainbow yelled as the wild timberwolves were approaching closer to their meals.

“Well, sugarcubes, it’s been nice knowin’ ya,” Applejack said.

“Applejack, don’t say that!” Pinkie cried.

However, a small frog fell from above and landed safely between the beasts and the ponies. It emitted a bright flash of light, making all the timberwolves flinch. Their eyes somehow ceased glow and ran away, leaving the six mares safe from the timberwolves’ wild wrath and the flash of light dissipated.

“What happened?” the butterscotch mare asked.

“No clue,” the cowmare replied.

“Over there!” Fluttershy cried as she pointed her hoof to the frog that saved them.

“A frog?” Rainbow said.

Twilight suddenly snapped and went at the back of Pinkie, scared and yelled, “No! I hate frogs! No!”

“What are you talking about, Twilight?” said Fluttershy as she approached closer to the frog, “That frog just saved our lives.”

“You’re saying this frog saved us?” Rainbow commented.

“That’s nice of you, Fluttershy,” Applejack replied, “That’s where the bright light came from. This frog sure has some guts in kickin’ wolf butt.”

“Hey!” Rainbow Dash reacted as what she heard.

“Cute!” yelled Fluttershy, “Frog!”

Suddenly, a raspy mysterious voice ran through Twilight’s head, saying, “Kiss me, ribbit.” Twilight was unsuspicious to where the voice from her head came from, in which in fact, it came from the frog.

“What is it, Twilight?” asked the party earth pony.

“I’m alright, that’s nothing,” Twilight replied as she came to her senses.

“Come on, y’all, let’s head to the exit before the timberwolves try to eat us out again,” Applejack said as the six with Fluttershy carrying the frog head towards the exit.


Later, in Fluttershy’s cottage, Fluttershy was watching, petting and taking care of the frog kept inside a small aquarium with very few water, Twilight was sitting, somehow, meditating on her magic, and the rest of the four mares and Spike were just killing time.

“This frog is nice,” Fluttershy spoke, “What do you think we should name him? How about… ‘Toad’?”

“For a frog like that?” said Applejack, “I think ya need somethin’ slightly more formal.”

“Okay,” the shy Pegasus said as she thought of another name, “‘Greeny’, maybe?”

“Mmmm… no.”

“Oh, I’m out of names… uh… mmmm… —I know! ‘Jack’?”

“No.”

“‘Dash’?”

“No.”

“‘Pie’?”

“No!”

“You don’t want ‘Rare’?”

“NOO!!” The five cried out in unison.

“How about ‘Spark’?”

“Oh, for crying out loud!” Twilight scoffed.

“Is ‘Angel’ okay with you?”

Angel, the bunny, crossed his arms and taps his foot in boredom and dissatisfaction.

“You already a pet named ‘Angel’!” Rainbow scolded.

“This is the tip, sugarcube,” Applejack was giving a reminder to Fluttershy who could not think of a name, “When you give a name to a pet, it must be based on its characteristics, traits or somehow what kind of things your pet has done.”

“Kind of things my pet has done… Hold on,” Fluttershy said as she was thinking for what the frog has done, “In the Everfree Forest, he jumped out of nowhere and carried a bright light— that’s right! I know what to name him!”

“Really, what is it?”

“Since he can carry a white light, I can call him… ‘Blight’!”

The five other mares burst out in laughter due to Fluttershy’s suggestion of a name.

“Oh, my… I guess that’s not a good name…” Fluttershy said in shame.

“It’s okay, ‘Shy,” Rainbow said, while snickering, trying to hold her laughter, “You can keep that name to you. Just call the frog… ‘BLIGHT’!” The cyan pegasus laughed aloud afterwards.

“That’s kind of you, Rainbow Dash, I guess ‘Blight’ is a good name after all,” said Fluttershy, as she went back to the frog now named Blight.

Applejack and Spike approached to Twilight, who was meditating, and said, “Hey, sugarcube, wha’s have ya been doin’?”

Twilight replied, “I’ve been trying to use the navigation spell to look for Princess Celestia, but I tried it like ten times and I sought nothing of Princess Celestia nor where she is.”

“Twilight,” the baby dragon convinced her, “I know you’re worried about Princess Celestia, but I know you; she is important to you. But for now, you need some rest.”

“But, without Princess Celestia, who will raise the sun at dawn?” told Twilight to Spike, “I don’t know if Princess Luna can raise the sun the way she raises the moon every dusk.”

Fluttershy went back to the aquarium, to see that Blight is already gone and the aquarium empty, “Huh? Blight?”

Blight suddenly leaped in front of the lavender alicorn, only for Twilight to panic and scream. She crept away from the frog and went behind Spike.

“Calm down! Here, water!” said Spike as he handed to Twilight a glass of water.

Twilight magically held the glass. However, the frog jumped to the water, much to Twilight’s disgust that made the glow on her horn cease and drop the glass of water to floor, causing it to break and the water to spill.

“Blight! You seem to really like Twilight!” Fluttershy was happy about the happening gag, “‘Blight’ and ‘Twilight’… they do rhyme!”

Blight leaped on Twilight’s horn, causing the alicorn to squeak in freaking out and uncontrollably let out simultaneous laser blasts from her horn. The six dodged the blasts; however the lasers wrecked Fluttershy’s cottage entirely from inside.


At a nearby river just outside the Everfree Forest, Twilight in frustration was carrying the aquarium with Blight the frog in it.

“No more! Definitely no more! I can’t stand it anymore! Hurry back to your friends!” she yelled as she threw all water in the aquarium to the river. However, she saw that Blight is still in. Twilight became cross and tried to put Blight down to the ground by putting the aquarium upside-down and shaking it. The frog fell and landed safely on the ground.

“Never show your face again!” scoffed Twilight as she turned away and was about to walk away. However, she was interrupted by the frog’s croaks. Twilight turned around and Blight was staring at her.

“Don’t look at me like that!”

The frog just croaked.


Outside the gates of Tartarus where the Cerberus was playing with the same ball it was given, Nai, Mea and Kazzak the Supreme suddenly appeared in front of the Cerberus through a flash of inverted light.

The Cerberus suddenly noticed the three beings of Tartarus, and leaped in front of them, roaring very loudly.

Nai and Mea whimpered and flinched by the roar and hugged together, merging as Vancuria again.

Kazzak stepped in front of the Cerberus and raised his sword up high, shouting out the words, “Douza Uru Meru Zazare!” and the inscriptions on the sword written in blue became red as the sword itself glowed in red aura too.

Kazzak smashed the ground with the sword, creating a fissure towards the three-headed animal. Lava and fire erupts from the fissure and as the fissure reached to the point where the Cerberus was standing, a huge pillar of flames erupted on the beast, burning it. At the time the flame ceased and the fissure gone, the Cerberus was seen to be reduced into bones.

Vancuria gasped in amazement and Kazzak walked in front the gates, stomping and crushing the skull and bones of the perished guardian of the gates.

“Finally, after for 10,000 years of being imprisoned, we have finally grew tired of waiting,” Kazzak growled, “Now, we shall get revenge on those who put us in a long era of being sealed in the first place! This time, we shall not fall! We shall triumph!”

The demon lord pointed his sword at the black gem placed at the gates and cried aloud, “Uuza Uru Ugaro Douza Uru Zazare!

The sword crackled black lightning around it and fired lightning of color purple at the gem. The gem was slowly turning from black to glowing red.

As the gem became red, the purple lightning dissipated, the black lightning around the sword died out, the inscriptions on it became blue again and the gates of Tartarus were fully opened wide.

“As the gates open, it will mark the end of this era,” hissed Kazzak, “and the beginning of ours. The end has come.”

Kazzak laughed evilly as he and Vancuria slowly approached to the gates and entered to their world, the world of hell: Tartarus.


Meanwhile, at the river, Twilight was just sitting in front of the tiny Blight and killing time by magically throwing pebbles at the river.

“I’m sorry. I can’t spend another second with you. For me… when I was a filly, naughty colts played a prank on me. They put a frog on the back of my head; in my mane. I’ve hated frogs ever since.”

She heard again the mysterious voice saying, “Kiss me, ribbit.”

Twilight was startled by the voice, looked around and realized that the voice came from Blight.

“Don’t tell me, it’s you?” Twilight questioned, but the frog just stood there, “Unless I like somepony, I can’t kiss them.”

She came to senses and giggled, “I’m so silly. What am I saying to a frog?”

Twilight stood up and told the frog, “Goodbye.” as she was about to leave it. However, she stopped as she smelled a filthy stench coming from inside the Everfree Forest.

“I know that smell…”

Just as she said so, three timberwolves leaped and landed in front of Twilight.

As they roared, Twilight screamed and flew away from them; however, the timberwolves were following all the way.

The alicorn suddenly snapped out from panicking and went in front of the three animals, preparing to blast them off, as her horn glowed with a magenta aura.

The three timberwolves stopped and roared at Twilight, ready to eat their prey. But, a rock was thrown at one of the beasts.

Twilight turned around to see that her friends and assistant were there, carrying rocks and ready to fire at the timberwolves.

“Everypony! How did you find me?”

“Pinkie told us where you are,” replied Rainbow Dash.

“How did you know where I am?” asked the alicorn in wonder to Pinkie Pie.

“Just a guess,” Pinkie answered with absolutely no idea how she knew about Twilight's location, and turning her attention to the wild timberwolves, she yelled, “Alright, ponies! (And Spike.) Fire!”

Upon the earth pony's signal, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Spike began throwing rocks at the three timberwolves that were flinching from doing any wild action.

“We’re out of rocks! Now what?” Applejack said as they don't have anymore rocks to throw at their enemies.

“RUN!” Rainbow cried.

The mane seven began to run away from the three animals, except Rainbow Dash who was just flying, and the timberwolves were chasing them.

“Don’t look back!” cried Twilight.

However, the lavender pony was tripped to the ground, giving the timberwolves an advantage and the six friends of Twilight stopped from running but were far from her.

“Twilight!” yelled Spike, “Get out of there!”

Twilight was trying to stand up, but was too late, since the timberwolves were already towards her. As the beasts crept closer to the defenseless pony, Blight came out from nowhere and leaped on a timberwolf’s face. It reacted badly that it was moving violently, flinching the other two away from their prey.

The timberwolf shook its head roughly and the frog was thrown off to the ground, injuring Blight severely.

Twilight became worried, slowly approached to the hurt Blight and grabbed the frog with her hooves.

"You saved me, right… Blight?" said Twilight to Blight, looking at the frog in sadness.

“Twilight! What are ya doin’?” shouted Applejack’s voice from far ahead, but Twilight ignored Applejack.

Twilight Sparkle heard the voice again from the frog saying, “Kiss me, ribbit.”

“I’m sorry,” she whispered as she carefully placed her lips onto Blight.

Just as a timberwolf was about to pounce at Twilight, the two lips of the alicorn and the frog met and a bright yellow light appeared on the body of the frog. The timberwolf was pushed back by the recoil of the energy from the sudden light. The glowing frog levitated up in the air. As the light became brighter, the frog transformed into a pony-like figure. As the light ceased, it was revelead to be a white alicorn stallion with brown mane and tail, and a yellow cross with four smaller yellow crosses around at the each corner it as his cutie mark.

The stallion landed to the ground and said, “Gou Golu Gogika!

His horn glowed with a yellow aura and let a ray of yellow light, which sent a timberwolf flying away. That frightened the two timberwolves.

Timberwolves!” he said in a powerful voice the same manner as the Royal Canterlot Voice, “You beasts are as mindless as dirt; bringing harm to anypony! Since you haven’t hurt that mare, I will let you go. But should you ever slaughter, I will never forgive you! Begone with thee!

The timberwolves ran away back to the forest scared in the stallion’s response.

Turning to Twilight, the alicorn stallion gave her a flirt and said, “I properly received your kiss.”

Twilight felt disgusted and spat of her lips.

The five mares and Spike approached to the stallion and the lavender mare.

“The frog became a pony!” Rarity responded.

“Blight has become amazing!” cried Fluttershy, “What's going on?”

“‘Blight’?” replied the stallion, “Correction: I am Yeshuah, the Champion of Light and the Son of God.”

“‘The Son of God’?” the seven said in confusion, “‘Yeshuah’?”

“Little can I explain to you why I became a frog,” said Yeshuah, “Ten thousand years ago, I was in a personal combat with the traitor who betrayed the world of Heaven, my world. I was able to imprison him in Tartarus, but, a side effect of the spell changed me into a frog. Somehow I raised a barrier and sealed him. And the only way that could free me from the counterspell… is a kiss from the Princess of Magic.”

Twilight, feeling embarrassed, turned away from Yeshuah and covered her mouth with her hoof.

“I can’t believe I kissed a frog,” stuttered Twilight.

“Don’t worry, dear. At least, the frog became a handsome colt!” replied Rarity.

“So that's why you kept hanging around Twilight,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Wait, you were a frog for 10,000 years?” interrogated Pinkie.

“Yes. So, how were you able to find me?” he asked.

“We didn’t. We were looking for Princess Celestia that time,” answered Twilight.

The alicorn Yeshuah was startled one second he heard the name “Princess Celestia”.

“What’s wrong?” questioned Spike.

“Nothing,” replied Yeshuah, “Anyway, you said you were looking for somepony. Everytime I search for something or somepony, I search for it with this.”

As Yeshuah said, “Golu Gonga,” a crystal glass ball appeared on Yeshuah’s right hoof, and gave to Twilight.

“This is the crystal ball from the Crystal Empire! It is used for prophecies,” the alicorn mare was remarked, “How did you get this? And how did you do spells with words?”

“I use the language of Heaven to cast a spell,” Yeshuah answered, “It seems you know a lot about things. Who are you?”

“I am Twilight Sparkle,” she introduced humbly, “I am a faithful student to Princess Celestia and…”

Pinkie Pie lept between Yeshuah and Twilight and bragged rapidly about her, “She’s the one of the princesses of Equestria, and she turned from a unicorn to an alicorn! And she saved Equestria many times with our help! We have the Elements of Harmony! And—”

“Pinkie! Would you please shut up?!” hissed Twilight as she pushed the pink party pony away.

“So, Twilight Sparkle… you’re a unicorn who became an alicorn?” commented the Son of God, “Interesting! I just came back after for 10 millenia, and I already met royalty. ‘Equestria’, huh? Is it a name of a kingdom, republic, federation or tribe?”

“It’s a kingdom, Yeshuah,” answered Twilight.

“Could you at least introduce yourselves to me?” requested Yeshuah.

“Sure! I am Rainbow Dash!”

“I’m Fluttershy.”

“Ah’m Applejack.”

“I’m Pinkie Pie!”

“I am Rarity.”

“And I’m Spike, Twilight’s number one assistant.”

“Oh, thank you for the introduction,” he said, “And I hope you find Princess Celestia with that crystal ball I give you. I’m glad I know you, girls.”

“Er-hem!” Spike clears his throat to Yeshuah’s sentence.

“And Spike. You’re a boy?” said Yeshuah, and Spike nodded, “Okay, see you all later.”

Yeshuah flapped his wings and flew away.

“He looks cool,” Rainbow Dash commented.

“C’mon. Let’s get outta here,” said Applejack, as the mane seven walk back to Ponyville, with Princess Twilight Sparkle carrying the crystal ball.

Author's Note:

Chapter 1 is already out! The later chapters will be better than the first...
The next chapter will contain flashbacks from previous MLP:FiM episodes.

As you have noticed, everyone/everypony, this is my first OC: Yeshuah. He is the Son of God and the Champion of Light. He will be one of the main characters in this story. What more will you expect, huh?